A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Cassettes



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 22nd 17, 03:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,345
Default Cassettes

It's enough to **** off the Pope that Shimano cassettes are 10% the cost of the Campy cassettes and they are available in so many different ratios. Its already too much that bicycle sales are way off because of the preposterous prices of the high end carbon fiber bicycles but the components prices on Campy are getting so far out of reach that they are going to cut their own throats.
Ads
  #2  
Old August 22nd 17, 04:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5,870
Default Cassettes

On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 7:57:41 AM UTC-7, wrote:
It's enough to **** off the Pope that Shimano cassettes are 10% the cost of the Campy cassettes and they are available in so many different ratios. Its already too much that bicycle sales are way off because of the preposterous prices of the high end carbon fiber bicycles but the components prices on Campy are getting so far out of reach that they are going to cut their own throats.


There are always Camp knock-offs: http://tinyurl.com/y7tl5rpt No offense to the Italiano-philes, but after about 1984, I saw no reason for buying Campagnolo. And after about 1989, I saw no reason for buying Dura Ace, except maybe hubs. Everything trickles down to Ultegra -- often with refinements.

-- Jay Beattie.
  #3  
Old August 22nd 17, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,424
Default Cassettes

On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 8:48:08 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 7:57:41 AM UTC-7, wrote:
It's enough to **** off the Pope that Shimano cassettes are 10% the cost of the Campy cassettes and they are available in so many different ratios.. Its already too much that bicycle sales are way off because of the preposterous prices of the high end carbon fiber bicycles but the components prices on Campy are getting so far out of reach that they are going to cut their own throats.


There are always Camp knock-offs: http://tinyurl.com/y7tl5rpt No offense to the Italiano-philes, but after about 1984, I saw no reason for buying Campagnolo. And after about 1989, I saw no reason for buying Dura Ace, except maybe hubs. Everything trickles down to Ultegra -- often with refinements.


RX-100!
As a non-racer and the least knowledgeable here I don't believe anyone needs anything better than Sora. That said I ride Ultegra myself
  #4  
Old August 22nd 17, 05:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,424
Default Cassettes

On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 7:57:41 AM UTC-7, wrote:
It's enough to **** off the Pope that Shimano cassettes are 10% the cost of the Campy cassettes and they are available in so many different ratios. Its already too much that bicycle sales are way off because of the preposterous prices of the high end carbon fiber bicycles but the components prices on Campy are getting so far out of reach that they are going to cut their own throats.


Tom
Go to Nashbar.com
Click on Cassettes
Click on Low To High
Cassetes are 14 bucks
Put that baby on your Basso and go
Doug
  #5  
Old August 22nd 17, 05:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,900
Default Cassettes

On 22/08/2017 12:46 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 8:48:08 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 7:57:41 AM UTC-7, wrote:
It's enough to **** off the Pope that Shimano cassettes are 10% the cost of the Campy cassettes and they are available in so many different ratios. Its already too much that bicycle sales are way off because of the preposterous prices of the high end carbon fiber bicycles but the components prices on Campy are getting so far out of reach that they are going to cut their own throats.


There are always Camp knock-offs: http://tinyurl.com/y7tl5rpt No offense to the Italiano-philes, but after about 1984, I saw no reason for buying Campagnolo. And after about 1989, I saw no reason for buying Dura Ace, except maybe hubs. Everything trickles down to Ultegra -- often with refinements.


RX-100!
As a non-racer and the least knowledgeable here I don't believe anyone needs anything better than Sora. That said I ride Ultegra myself


Don't know about Sora but I had 105 before Ultegra and I didn't see a
big benefit from the Ultegra over 105.

Current bike has SRAM Force and aside from the tap/double tap thing, I
don't see much difference from the 105 or the Ultegra.
  #6  
Old August 22nd 17, 06:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 824
Default Cassettes

On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 4:57:41 PM UTC+2, wrote:
It's enough to **** off the Pope that Shimano cassettes are 10% the cost of the Campy cassettes and they are available in so many different ratios. Its already too much that bicycle sales are way off because of the preposterous prices of the high end carbon fiber bicycles but the components prices on Campy are getting so far out of reach that they are going to cut their own throats.


Why don't/didn't you buy Shimano then?
FYI at this side of the pond Chorus 12-25 11 speed cassette 99 euro's; Ultegra 12-25 11 speed cassette 58 euro's.

Lou
  #7  
Old August 22nd 17, 08:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,563
Default Cassettes

On 22/08/17 17:48, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 7:57:41 AM UTC-7,
wrote:
It's enough to **** off the Pope that Shimano cassettes are 10% the
cost of the Campy cassettes and they are available in so many
different ratios. Its already too much that bicycle sales are way
off because of the preposterous prices of the high end carbon fiber
bicycles but the components prices on Campy are getting so far out
of reach that they are going to cut their own throats.


There are always Camp knock-offs: http://tinyurl.com/y7tl5rpt No
offense to the Italiano-philes, but after about 1984, I saw no reason
for buying Campagnolo.


BURN the Witch! Heresy!! Run out of exclamation marks!!!

snip
  #8  
Old August 22nd 17, 11:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,345
Default Cassettes

On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 9:51:33 AM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 7:57:41 AM UTC-7, wrote:
It's enough to **** off the Pope that Shimano cassettes are 10% the cost of the Campy cassettes and they are available in so many different ratios.. Its already too much that bicycle sales are way off because of the preposterous prices of the high end carbon fiber bicycles but the components prices on Campy are getting so far out of reach that they are going to cut their own throats.


Tom
Go to Nashbar.com
Click on Cassettes
Click on Low To High
Cassetes are 14 bucks
Put that baby on your Basso and go
Doug


They only sell Shimano compatible.
  #9  
Old August 22nd 17, 11:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,345
Default Cassettes

On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 10:42:29 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 4:57:41 PM UTC+2, wrote:
It's enough to **** off the Pope that Shimano cassettes are 10% the cost of the Campy cassettes and they are available in so many different ratios.. Its already too much that bicycle sales are way off because of the preposterous prices of the high end carbon fiber bicycles but the components prices on Campy are getting so far out of reach that they are going to cut their own throats.


Why don't/didn't you buy Shimano then?
FYI at this side of the pond Chorus 12-25 11 speed cassette 99 euro's; Ultegra 12-25 11 speed cassette 58 euro's.


Because I can't remember how to shift Shimano. I always push the wrong lever. That's why I went back to Campy. That memory thing is permanent.
  #10  
Old August 23rd 17, 12:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,424
Default Cassettes

On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 3:06:12 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 10:42:29 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 4:57:41 PM UTC+2, wrote:
It's enough to **** off the Pope that Shimano cassettes are 10% the cost of the Campy cassettes and they are available in so many different ratios. Its already too much that bicycle sales are way off because of the preposterous prices of the high end carbon fiber bicycles but the components prices on Campy are getting so far out of reach that they are going to cut their own throats.


Why don't/didn't you buy Shimano then?
FYI at this side of the pond Chorus 12-25 11 speed cassette 99 euro's; Ultegra 12-25 11 speed cassette 58 euro's.


Because I can't remember how to shift Shimano. I always push the wrong lever. That's why I went back to Campy. That memory thing is permanent.


That is user error
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
marchisio cassettes Neil Smith[_2_] Techniques 1 May 6th 17 02:16 PM
What are cassettes made of Adam Kadlubek Techniques 1 February 5th 07 07:31 PM
Nashbar Cassettes? JBAFromNY Techniques 7 September 1st 05 09:32 AM
Climbing and Cassettes Peter Wilson Australia 20 August 4th 05 12:00 AM
Shimano Cassettes Mathias Koerber Techniques 10 March 28th 05 03:47 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.