It came today!

Old April 27th 04, 05:00 AM
elmer

Default It came today!

I got my new red Wilder today! Sun double-wide rim. 3" Gazz. Primo
magnesium super tenderizer's. Black rim, spokes and cranks, which are
175's(I'm lanky and like them for all the steep stuff I do). I've got a
carbon fiber seat base for it with the SH handle, but I need to pad and
upholster that before mounting it, so for the moment I've robbed the
Velo seat from my Torker DX. I took it out today to a little hill that
we use for Pecking practice,and was impressed with it. The Gazz grabbed
the slippery surface better than my 3" Duro on my 26" muni. And it is
just so much lighter and more solid! I reduced my best number of hops
up from 10 to 7!

I had to show it off at work tonight. People are impressed with the
"pretty" red color and fat tire more than anything else. Profile
doesn't mean anything to them. But I rode over the landscaping rocks
around the hospital and off of the (steep) hill form the heli-port pad
and they thought it was pretty neat, or they were really being nice to
me, I don't know which.

I would have posted a picture, but my computer literate son isn't home
tonight. Tomorrow.

--
elmer - uniimpaired

"At 40 life begins...to show."
elmer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5193

Old April 27th 04, 05:07 AM
S_Wallis

Excellent! You will love it. The looks, light weight and solid feel
are great, and the investment will make you ride better just to prove it
was worth it.
Someone else just got a new Wilder also... stay tuned.

Scott

--
S_Wallis - Back in the saddle

"I am always doing that which I can not do,
in order that I may learn how to do it."
Pablo Picasso
S_Wallis's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1520

Old April 27th 04, 05:26 AM
tomblackwood

S_Wallis wrote:
*Someone else just got a new Wilder also... stay tuned.*

Would that be to go with their new knee?

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

Tailgate at your own risk.....

Old April 27th 04, 06:11 AM
S_Wallis

tomblackwood wrote:
*
Would that be to go with their new knee? *

No, my very experienced Wilder is doing just fine. I refer to a wilder
Wilder. I can say no more.

Old April 27th 04, 06:27 AM
elmer

What do you mean, you can say no more?! You're stringing us along, man!
Let's have it out! Get it off your chest and you'll feel better!
You've made some sort of committment, haven't you? If it's not for sure
yet, you can tell us! Or is it that the wife doesn't know yet? She
thinks it cost just a little more than the Torker? Spit it out!

Old April 27th 04, 06:35 AM
S_Wallis

I am sorry, I shouldn't have said anything and I don't want to hijack
your thread. It is not mine, just wait a couple of days.
Anyway, enjoy your new muni, it's a nice one. I look forward to the
picture.

--

www.wallisdesign.com
S_Wallis's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1520

Old April 27th 04, 06:37 AM
tomblackwood

S_Wallis wrote:
*I am sorry, I shouldn't have said anything and I don't want to hijack
your thread. I look forward to the picture. *

Yeah, let's get back on track: Where's that picture!!??

Old April 27th 04, 06:52 AM
S_Wallis

tomblackwood wrote:
*
Yeah, let's get back on track: Where's that picture!!??

*

Elmer, I see you are a registered nurse. Meet Tomblackwood, registered
nut. (at least he registered)

Old April 27th 04, 07:59 AM
elmer

Yes, I am and sick patients keep getting in the way of my forum
conversations! It's a bad night. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

Old April 28th 04, 05:18 AM
elmer

Here it is in all its' glory. And that thing on top of it is me. I'm
trying to hold on as it takes off! My son tried to give me a little
hair with the smudge feature.

| Attachment filename: dad jumping on uni (smaller).jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/206443|