Indoor Time Trial position trainer, and friction levers

Old June 27th 11, 11:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chris M

Default Indoor Time Trial position trainer, and friction levers

I have enough spare parts to build a permanent TT frame on a wind-load
resistance trainer. I want to use friction levers for shifting with
full TT position, for the training benefits and in case I decide to
resurrect it entirely as am operational road bike for training rides
or even organized events that allow TT position.

I need to buy a cheap clip-on, and cheap friction levers for 10V and
double 135mm chain-rings. Where can I get those, and what are good
functionally for my stated applications? I would like the shift-levers
on the ends of the clip-on, as it typical these days, but I can just
as easily put them on the end of the main bar. I don't have any frame
mount locations for shifters, just the cable routing on the down tube
starting near the head tube.
Old June 28th 11, 02:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
john B.

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 15:37:15 -0700 (PDT), Chris M
wrote:

I have enough spare parts to build a permanent TT frame on a wind-load
resistance trainer. I want to use friction levers for shifting with
full TT position, for the training benefits and in case I decide to
resurrect it entirely as am operational road bike for training rides
or even organized events that allow TT position.

I need to buy a cheap clip-on, and cheap friction levers for 10V and
double 135mm chain-rings. Where can I get those, and what are good
functionally for my stated applications? I would like the shift-levers
on the ends of the clip-on, as it typical these days, but I can just
as easily put them on the end of the main bar. I don't have any frame
mount locations for shifters, just the cable routing on the down tube
starting near the head tube.

Bar-end shifters are available all over. Shimano and SRAM make indexed
shifters and friction shifters are available from several sources -
try VelloOrange or Rivendell for examples. Friction shifters shift any
number of gear while indexed generally need to be matched against the
make and number of gears.

They seem to be pretty prevalent, used in the ends of aero bars,
amount the Tri boys (and girls).

Indoor Trainer tonyalt3 Techniques 3 January 1st 08 08:46 PM
Indoor Trainer??? Gags Australia 2 May 14th 06 10:34 PM
Looking for indoor trainer hgoh Australia 7 September 14th 05 04:02 AM
New indoor trainer... GPLama Australia 4 May 15th 05 03:13 PM
1 Up USA indoor trainer Guy Marketplace 1 February 19th 05 03:50 AM