My Large Marge Wheel found a new home

Old October 23rd 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Evan Byrne

Default My Large Marge Wheel found a new home

Why lace such a bomb proof rim to such bendable cranks?

Either way, Looks very sweet. Get more mud on it!

--
Evan Byrne

'The future of bc wheeling is in this link.'
(http://tinyurl.com/ympnn2)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Its finnished.
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

Old March 3rd 07, 11:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
JoeRowing

looks good to me

--
JoeRowing

Joe
gravitykarma.co.uk
JoeRowing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1544

Old March 3rd 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
musketman

Nice, I like it. So how do you feel about the LM rim? Is it much better
than standard?

--
musketman

MUSKETMAN
www.unicycle.com

For Sale: Parachute, only used once, never opened, small stain
musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214

Old March 4th 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jagur

Whoa Joe! ya cant just go around raizin the dead like this....its
just......well, i guess you can.

--
jagur

theres enough BS in life, without mobius contributing.
-forget_your_life-
--------------------------------------
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

Old March 4th 07, 02:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unisk8r

Phil, are you thinking of moving up to the 26" LM?

I'm blue in the face from holding my breath for a Surly 24" Endomorph!
Pete

(EDIT) PS: Thanks Joe R. for making your Blizzard series! One of the
better frames ever!

--
unisk8r
unisk8r's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4660

Old March 5th 07, 01:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pdc

unisk8r wrote:
Phil, are you thinking of moving up to the 26" LM?

I'm blue in the face from holding my breath for a Surly 24" Endomorph!
Pete

(EDIT) PS: Thanks Joe R. for making your Blizzard series! One of the
better frames ever!

I'm still holding out for the 24". I'm afraid the 26 will be too much
for standard muni riding and accents. I'm anxious to try the 24" for
standard Muni riding. I'm wondering if it will be good/great, or too
massive. The LM with a 3 x 24 may be the optimal setup. When the 24"
Endomorph does finally come out I'll get one and find out for myself as
I'm sure you will as well. I definitely think the LM rim is the best
rim out there.

And yes Joe, GREAT frame.

--
pdc

"What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
mother"
pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

Old March 5th 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

I've ridden quite a few miles on a 26x3.75 Large Marge/Endomorph setup,
and I would say that the tire behaves too strangely to be ideal for
general-purpose MUni. The biggest problem is with side slopes (or road
camber); the tire performs horribly when the ground is not centered
underneath it. It has lots of hops and can roll over things, but I
think you'd wind up fighting it too much on a MUni.

That's assuming the 24" Endomorph has the same tread pattern as the
26".

--
tholub