Campy Hub Overhaul Kit

Old November 15th 09, 06:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chris M

Default Campy Hub Overhaul Kit

Ever since the Campy hubs changed to aluminum, they have all been
interchangeable for parts. Is this still the case for all Campy
including Fulcrum? I know there are some materials differences (quasi-
ceramic BBs, various CF bits) but all have been interchangeable.

Are there any exceptions?

I found a rebuilt kit for $60, which is really the only way to make it
worth rebuilding a hub rather than buying a new set.

I also am having trouble finding some of the older Campy support
manuals. I think the Campy site only goes back to 2004 or so. 2004 was
a year with more than usual changes (though they have kept the pace
since then, lots of new stuff). Is there a "classic" or "vintage"
resource for Campy? Is 2002 Campy really "vintage"?

TIA
Old November 15th 09, 12:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Nov 14, 11:55*pm, Chris M wrote:
Ever since the Campy hubs changed to aluminum, they have all been
interchangeable for parts. Is this still the case for all Campy
including Fulcrum? I know there are some materials differences (quasi-
ceramic BBs, various CF bits) but all have been interchangeable.

Are there any exceptions?

I found a rebuilt kit for $60, which is really the only way to make it
worth rebuilding a hub rather than buying a new set.

I also am having trouble finding some of the older Campy support
manuals. I think the Campy site only goes back to 2004 or so. 2004 was
a year with more than usual changes (though they have kept the pace
since then, lots of new stuff). Is there a "classic" or "vintage"
resource for Campy? *Is 2002 Campy really "vintage"?

TIA

Innards are the same.

For a DVD of all the product and parts catalogs, go here.

http://campybike.com

Old November 15th 09, 01:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Nov 15, 5:59*am, Qui si parla Campagnolo
wrote:
[...]

Looked closer at the small parts(cones) of Fulcrum and Campagnolo hubs
and they AREN'T the same, Campagnolo and Fulcrum...sorry.
Old November 15th 09, 03:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bill

Mike, I'm sorry if I'm hijacking the thread, but would you please give
me the bearing sizes for Campy Super Record hubs? I remember that the
rear bearings are larger than the front. Thanks a lot!
Old November 16th 09, 02:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bill

Thanks for the info, Andrew! I guess I must have Record hubs, then.
The rest of the gruppo on the bike is Super Record.

So 10 of the 7/32" bearings on each side of the front hub, not 9, huh?

Old November 16th 09, 02:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

On 16 Nov, 02:11, Bill wrote:
Thanks for the info, Andrew! I guess I must have Record hubs, then.
The rest of the gruppo on the bike is Super Record.

So 10 of the 7/32" bearings on each side of the front hub, not 9, huh?

Never mind, maybe you can pick up a titanio freewheel.
Old November 16th 09, 02:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Nov 15, 8:30*am, Bill wrote:
Mike, I'm sorry if I'm hijacking the thread, but would you please give
me the bearing sizes for Campy Super Record hubs? I remember that the
rear bearings are larger than the front. *Thanks a lot!

Sorry to rehijack and unfortunately, OS hubs post dated Sheldon.

2009/10 Super Record?

5/32 balls front and rear, 15 per side in te fber carrier. For
Campagnolo and Fulcrum OS, aluminum axled hubs.

If thru 1987 Super Record, what Hank said.
Old November 16th 09, 02:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Nov 15, 8:11*pm, Bill wrote:
Thanks for the info, Andrew! I guess I must have Record hubs, then.
The rest of the gruppo on the bike is Super Record.

So 10 of the 7/32" bearings on each side of the front hub, not 9, huh?

Ti looks kinda brown, isn't magnetic, and, as far as BB axles and
pedal axles go, are thought to be less reliable than steel in this old
Campy stuff.

I did buy a pair of "real" Super Record pedals, with Ti axles, at a
garage sale once, for $20, by mistake. Thought I was getting SL; steel
axles with black Alu cages. I guess I kind of ignored the writing on
the box? Magnet and appearance told the tale, later.

It's gotta happen once for everybody, right?
--D-y
Old November 16th 09, 04:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
RonSonic

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 06:06:59 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Nov 15, 8:11*pm, Bill wrote:
Thanks for the info, Andrew! I guess I must have Record hubs, then.
The rest of the gruppo on the bike is Super Record.

So 10 of the 7/32" bearings on each side of the front hub, not 9, huh?

Ti looks kinda brown, isn't magnetic, and, as far as BB axles and
pedal axles go, are thought to be less reliable than steel in this old
Campy stuff.

I did buy a pair of "real" Super Record pedals, with Ti axles, at a
garage sale once, for $20, by mistake. Thought I was getting SL; steel
axles with black Alu cages. I guess I kind of ignored the writing on
the box? Magnet and appearance told the tale, later.

It's gotta happen once for everybody, right?

One of my guitars has an ivory nut from just that same sort of purchase. Who
expected it a hell-box from a retired luthier.

Ron
Old November 16th 09, 06:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Bill wrote:
Thanks for the info, Andrew! I guess I must have Record hubs, then.
The rest of the gruppo on the bike is Super Record.

So 10 of the 7/32" bearings on each side of the front hub, not 9, huh?

d'oh.
Nuovo Tipo fronts are 3/16" 10x10
Record fronts 7/32" 9x9

--