I'm 21! woohoo!

Old November 29th 04, 04:10 PM
JD

Super Slinky wrote in message et...
Jon Bond says...

Had my first (legal) drink tonight. At Underbones, the local mountain biker
hangout - a lot of guys from Independent Fabrications drink there. None
there tonight, as its a Sunday, the place was almost empty. The bartender
asked me why the hell I was drinking there - but you have to respect
somewhere that has 21 microbrews on tap every night.

Anyway, that said, six packs of local brew can be sent to me at my house.

Jon "Legal" Bond

By the time I hit 21, I was tired of drinking.

I was 23 when I grew weary of it.

JD twice the commander's age and could still kick his ass on a bike
Old November 29th 04, 04:19 PM
Jon Bond

"JD" wrote in message
om...
Super Slinky wrote in message
et...
Jon Bond says...

Had my first (legal) drink tonight. At Underbones, the local mountain
biker
hangout - a lot of guys from Independent Fabrications drink there.
None
there tonight, as its a Sunday, the place was almost empty. The
bartender
asked me why the hell I was drinking there - but you have to respect
somewhere that has 21 microbrews on tap every night.

Anyway, that said, six packs of local brew can be sent to me at my
house.

Jon "Legal" Bond

By the time I hit 21, I was tired of drinking.

I was 23 when I grew weary of it.

JD twice the commander's age and could still kick his ass on a bike

Yeah, but I can calculate the internal forces/shear stresses/torsions in
your bike a lot faster.

So there.

Jon "Da Engineer" Bond

Old November 29th 04, 04:21 PM
Jon Bond

"MattB" wrote in message
Jon Bond wrote:
Had my first (legal) drink tonight. At Underbones, the local mountain
biker hangout - a lot of guys from Independent Fabrications drink there.
None there tonight, as its a Sunday, the place was almost empty. The
bartender asked me why the hell I was drinking there - but you have to
respect somewhere that has 21 microbrews on tap every night.

Anyway, that said, six packs of local brew can be sent to me at my house.

Jon "Legal" Bond

Happy birthday!
I only sort-of remember my 21st. I remember being at my brother's house,
hanging on to his road bike which was on hooks so I could stay upright.

Matt

BTW, for all those curious, I only had one. 12:30/1AM last call means I
wasn't about to get drunk. Tonight, however, I'm getting at least buzzed,
because its my best friends' 21st tomorrow.... and Friday there might just
be a keg party somewhere in teh vicinity of my apartment.

Oh, and whoever mentioned the parking ticket, I have you beat - I got in a 3
car accident yesterday. Woohoo! At least I was at the front of the
rear-ending chain, so I'm totally not at fault.

Jon "Not an alchie yet, but well on his way" Bond

Old November 29th 04, 05:36 PM
Doki

(Pete Cresswell) wrote:
RE/
By the time I hit 21, I was tired of drinking.

Somewhere in the late twenties, I decided I didn't have enough brain
cells left to spare and switched to non-alcoholic beer.

I'm firmly of the Al Murray school of thought. All men drink beer in the
quest to find a pint they actually like. Alcohol free beer is a bloody
strange idea...

Old November 29th 04, 06:56 PM
Carla A-G

"Jon Bond" wrote in message
BTW, for all those curious, I only had one. 12:30/1AM last call means I
wasn't about to get drunk. Tonight, however, I'm getting at least buzzed,
because its my best friends' 21st tomorrow.... and Friday there might just
be a keg party somewhere in teh vicinity of my apartment.

Oh, and whoever mentioned the parking ticket, I have you beat - I got in a

3
car accident yesterday. Woohoo! At least I was at the front of the
rear-ending chain, so I'm totally not at fault.

Jon "Not an alchie yet, but well on his way" Bond

Next you'll be telling us that you had sex for the first time...

- CA-G
don't forget to provide us with the details...

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old November 29th 04, 07:04 PM
MattB

Carla A-G wrote:
snip

Next you'll be telling us that you had sex for the first time...

- CA-G
don't forget to provide us with the details...

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

You cheeky monkey!

Matt (would have expected that from Bill or maybe me...)
Old November 29th 04, 07:32 PM
B i l l S o r n s o n

MattB wrote:
Carla A-G wrote:

Next you'll be telling us that you had sex for the first time...

don't forget to provide us with the details...

You cheeky monkey!

Matt (would have expected that from Bill or maybe me...)

Nah. Here I am almost AARP-eligible, and the kid just turned legal.

I'm avoiding the Christmas Rush by starting to hate him now. ( )

Happy Birthday, Jon!

#^$&^@@&@*!,
--
BS (no, really)

Old November 29th 04, 08:22 PM
Coyoteboy

BTW, for all those curious, I only had one. 12:30/1AM last call means I
wasn't about to get drunk.

??? Our local officially last calls at 11:15ish, dont normally leave before
2am. Usually pretty effectively wasted by 12. Has recently gotten a bit
boring though, so much more to be doing.

Old November 29th 04, 09:20 PM

21 what I would give to go back 30 years and know what
I know now and use it.

I MTB 2004

Old November 29th 04, 10:01 PM
TM

wrote in message
21 what I would give to go back 30 years and know what
I know now and use it.

Funny, an 81 yo guy just said the same thing.

Woohoo - cycle shopping tommorrow Lee UK 2 October 31st 03 06:23 PM
Woohoo!!! Cameron Mountain Biking 0 September 28th 03 12:30 PM
Woohoo! Record time commute! Lee UK 21 September 4th 03 12:40 AM
cyclecommuting Woohoo!!! Mike Kruger General 3 August 24th 03 06:40 PM