the world highest rolling hop?

Old April 10th 05, 02:42 PM
eljest

Default the world highest rolling hop?

what is the world highest rolling hop?

--
eljest - street & trial

the life is what you make it to
eljest's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8460

Old April 10th 05, 03:52 PM
brockfisher05

i am pretty sure dan heatons in universe 2 is the highest but heck you
never know someone might have a higher on in the next syko film.

--
brockfisher05 - THE YAM FATHER

Also a member of the Vancouver unicycle group

ADD ME AT:
brockfisher05's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8363

Old April 10th 05, 03:57 PM
General Dibbles

jacinto ayuso does some really high rolling hops

--
General Dibbles - commadore

General Dibbles's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8108

Old April 10th 05, 04:10 PM
eljest

I pretty sure someone have jumped higher then dan heaton but he or she
hasn't film it.

Old April 10th 05, 06:30 PM
Evan Byrne

wich hop are you talking about in U2?

--
Evan Byrne

There is an art to going fast.
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

Old April 10th 05, 07:47 PM
James_Potter

Evan Byrne wrote:
*wich hop are you talking about in U2? *

probably the one on to the pallets, because that's like freaking HUGE.
I'm sure there's a record database somewhere, but I can't find it right
now. people have done at least 1 meter probably more on to an object,
but over a bar I'm really not sure....

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

Old April 10th 05, 08:12 PM
gerblefranklin

Yall, you might want to keep in mind it's been a while since U2 was
filmed. There's no way it's the record. That rolling hop was only like
36-37", not very gigantic. Dan landed a 40" a couple of days ago, and
I'm sure he's done bigger. Zack has probably gotten 40 rolling, since
he's doind 37 noprehop seat out and 40-42 with a prehop.

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Nick's main man.

"The genesis of genocide is like a Pagan religion; carefully hidden,
woven into the holidays of a Christian."-Immortal Technique

* I need a profile hub, any condition, as long as the splines work! (PM
me) *

Old April 11th 05, 03:34 AM
cyberpunk

The highest hop is great and all, but do they have a contast at any of
the uni conventions where you have to get a certain height consecutivly
like three times or so to prove you can stick the height every time? I
mean i've done rolling hops well over 1.5 feet, and i've only been
ridding for a few months. But as for sticking that every time, not ganna
happen, my average is more like a foot. and I think the average is what
should matter, because that desides how big you can go. Although all
this trying to get higher and higher is ganna be blown away, if/when
they make unicycles with clutches. Because then we will be going just as
high as the skaters.

--
cyberpunk - lvl Four Unicyclist

Quick Press ctrl+W
cyberpunk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8923

Old April 11th 05, 03:44 AM
forrestunifreak

quick press ctrl+w

Loser.

--
forrestunifreak - Team YAMS member

Old school,new school,dont go to school.

Old April 11th 05, 03:57 AM
gerblefranklin

cyberpunk wrote:
*The highest hop is great and all, but do they have a contast at any
of the uni conventions where you have to get a certain height
consecutivly like three times or so to prove you can stick the height
every time? I mean i've done rolling hops well over 1.5 feet, and i've
only been ridding for a few months. But as for sticking that every
time, not ganna happen, my average is more like a foot. and I think
the average is what should matter, because that desides how big you
can go. Although all this trying to get higher and higher is ganna be
blown away, if/when they make unicycles with clutches. Because then we
will be going just as high as the skaters. *

This has been debated before and I completely disagree with you. I hold
that I don't care how consistent you are. A record is a one time thing.
I want to know the highest someone has jumped, not the highest they
consistently jump. Also, if I have landed 36" before, whether or not
it's a fluke, I will try it again, meaning that my record plus about
2-4" decides how big I will go (at least for me). That shows that
there's no reason to ask for averages.

I see no use in a unicycle with a clutch. It will add weight, but making
people go faster won't help the rolling hops since they will have to
pedal for the jump its self.

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Nick's main man.

"The genesis of genocide is like a Pagan religion; carefully hidden,
woven into the holidays of a Christian."-Immortal Technique

* I need a profile hub, any condition, as long as the splines work! (PM
me) *

The fastest stock bike in the world. Get yours now!!! Dave Larrington Social Issues 0 December 15th 04 02:03 PM
'Rolling' Mount(s) UniBrier Unicycling 7 November 24th 04 03:22 AM
Rolling resistance and thorn protection [email protected] Techniques 2 October 14th 04 06:02 PM
Cyclist scraps around the world plans Mike Kruger General 5 June 21st 04 09:23 PM