Giant Vs Gary Fisher

Old July 21st 05, 04:49 PM
JD

fungus wrote:
what a wit.

Any more?

What a maroon. By saving until you can afford a proper bicycle, you
alleviate having to replace weak components and having to wait for a
frame warranty if you break an inferior frame. Both of those equal
downtime and that equals not riding your bicycle. You do wish to ride,
dont you?

JD

Old July 22nd 05, 12:59 PM
fungus

I love this.

Everytime I ask for advice on one thing or another on an internet group
some elitist muppet jumps up with "clever" advice.

So - JD - what is your ideal budget for a "proper" bicycle?

When you have other commitments =A3400 is a fair amount of cash, and for
over 70% of the worlds population it's more than they can imagine
spending on anything at all - let along a frigging bicycle, so - in
your opinion - what right do people who cannot afford a =A33,000 bike
have to ride and enjoy riding

a) none
b) some but not on the trails that I ride on
c) every right to buy an "inferior" bike and do the best with their
money that they can?

Old July 22nd 05, 03:16 PM
spademan o---[) *

Good answer. Its a pity you just missed the offer on geared inbreds,
they were a bargain You can still get the SS version if that interests
you.
Steve.

Old July 22nd 05, 05:12 PM
JD

fungus wrote:
I love this.

You love acting like a fool?

Everytime I ask for advice on one thing or another on an internet group
some elitist muppet jumps up with "clever" advice.

So, you are clueless wherever you go on the internet. What a surprise.

So - JD - what is your ideal budget for a "proper" bicycle?

Whatever it costs to buy a bicycle that will last under normal mountain
biking use. If you want to buy a pretty bike that will not be ridden
and just used as a roof rack decoration and trailhead posing, buy
another piece of junk.

When you have other commitments =A3400 is a fair amount of cash, and for
over 70% of the worlds population it's more than they can imagine
spending on anything at all - let along a frigging bicycle, so - in
your opinion - what right do people who cannot afford a =A33,000 bike
have to ride and enjoy riding

a) none
b) some but not on the trails that I ride on
c) every right to buy an "inferior" bike and do the best with their
money that they can?

Your spin is pretty funny. Sell your computer and use the money to buy
a proper bicycle. It's obvious that you beat your head against the wall
everytime someone dares to call you an idiot online (I'm guessing quite
often). The upside is that your head will have fewer dense (sic) and
you will have a bicycle that works well.

JD

Old July 22nd 05, 07:17 PM

fungus wrote:
I love this.

Everytime I ask for advice on one thing or another on an internet group
some elitist muppet jumps up with "clever" advice.

Now, if you didn't take yourself so seriously, you'd know when you have
your foot in your mouth.

Anyone who has bothered lurking more than five minutes knows two
things:

1.) JD is opinionated.

2.) His opinions on mountain bikes come from experience.

You may not agree with his opinions, but that doesn't mean he's wrong.
Some of the stuff he says is not about some binary either/or
proposition.

Long time ago, I read something I thought was wise:

The money *you* spend on your bike is yours. You get to choose how to
spend it. The free advice you get in usenet is mostly worth exactly
what you paid for it. In the end, what you buy is entirely up to you.

With bicycles, as with most consumer goods, you get what you pay for
(for the most part.) Those boig-box store bike-shaped pieces of junk
won't be adequate for mountain biking. And they are priced
accordingly. The better the components, the more they cost
(generally.) So, if you want a bike that is going to be durable, and
perform well, you'll have to spend some money. Otherwise, you might as
set your pounds Sterling notes on fire. If the bike is crap, and you
don't ride it, then you've wasted what money you've spent. Penny wise
and pound foolish, no?

If I were you, I'd be grateful that folks are willing to steer you
right without charging you for the priviledge of sharing their
experience. So get down off your high horse, and give thanks.

E.P.

Old July 22nd 05, 07:51 PM
fungus

Oh... Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou Oh master JD I wasn't aware that
you were a guru with a genuine right to try and belittle people asking
a simple question.

Please forgive me for coming on your forum. I got the advice I wanted
form those with an interest in helping - happy sniping.

Old July 22nd 05, 07:54 PM
fungus

You call that advice?? if you feel grateful when people answer your
questions like that you may have a subservience issue.

And if I haven't been here more than 5 minutes what exactly does that
say to you about me?? puzzling.

Old July 22nd 05, 07:59 PM
Ride-A-Lot

fungus wrote:

Please forgive me for coming on your forum.

Eeewww! Now I feel all sticky! Oh wait... That's spelled differently.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old July 22nd 05, 08:02 PM
Bill Sornson

fungus wrote:
You call that advice?? if you feel grateful when people answer your
questions like that you may have a subservience issue.

And if I haven't been here more than 5 minutes what exactly does that
say to you about me??

Well for one thing that you're too stupid, lazy or both to QUOTE.

Second might be that you're aptly named.

Otherwise, yeah, you're a deep, mysterious dark pool...

HTH, BS

Old July 22nd 05, 08:03 PM
Bill Sornson

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
fungus wrote:

Please forgive me for coming on your forum.

Eeewww! Now I feel all sticky! Oh wait... That's spelled
differently.

Dude. Had happily missed or not seen that.

Thanks-A-Lot

(NOT!)