Giant Vs Gary Fisher

Old July 22nd 05, 08:48 PM
fungus

Oops. another one.

I'm all for standing up for ones rights and you have every right to be
a prick as well as the other two, but what interest does this thread
hold for you? or is this just a passtime?

No doubt all 3 of you will happily be having the last word for some
weeks to come, now you're all stoked up, while riding your bikes 24
hours a day and racking up all that unparralleled experience and having
the time to hold down a job that pays for really special "proper" bikes
and simultaneously finding time to answer every posting on
alt.mountainbike with your superior comments.

What a fun community.

Old July 22nd 05, 09:04 PM
Ride-A-Lot

fungus wrote:
Oops. another one.

I'm all for standing up for ones rights and you have every right to be
a prick as well as the other two, but what interest does this thread
hold for you? or is this just a passtime?

No doubt all 3 of you will happily be having the last word for some
weeks to come, now you're all stoked up, while riding your bikes 24
hours a day and racking up all that unparralleled experience and having
the time to hold down a job that pays for really special "proper" bikes
and simultaneously finding time to answer every posting on
alt.mountainbike with your superior comments.

What a fun community.

Consider me a fourth prick. You asked for comments on two bikes and you
got them. You are the one who took it to the next level because you
didn't like the answer. Learn to take it with a grain of salt my
friend. You'll get through life much easier. Most of us in this NG
have a bike that JD doesn't like or approve of. That's his opinion and
we respect his right to make it. However, comments on the components
(or lack of quality there of) is something you should really think about.

Read it and move on. Don't waste effort on arguing when you could be
riding.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old July 22nd 05, 09:09 PM
Bill Sornson

fungus wrote:
Oops. another one.

Who? What? Huh?

I'm all for standing up for ones rights and you have every right to be
a prick as well as the other two, but what interest does this thread
hold for you? or is this just a passtime?

I, for one, read this newsgroup. I appreciate coherency and dislike
blatant, whiny stupidity. Sue me.

No doubt all 3 of you will happily be having the last word for some
weeks to come, now you're all stoked up, while riding your bikes 24
hours a day and racking up all that unparralleled experience and
having the time to hold down a job that pays for really special
"proper" bikes and simultaneously finding time to answer every
posting on alt.mountainbike with your superior comments.

Wow, that's...well, WTF is it?!? Incisive? Nah. Mindless? Closer...
{babycry.wav file?}

What a fun community.

Door swings both ways (won't mention your sister here).

Cya!

One of your many pals, BS

Old July 22nd 05, 10:53 PM

fungus wrote:
You call that advice??

Yeah, I do. While you may not like the form, the substance is valid.
You not likeing the form is of no import, considering the effort you
expended. (Obviously not much.)

if you feel grateful when people answer your
questions like that you may have a subservience issue.

I'm glad when someone gives me info I can use. If it's in a form I
find offensive, then I just get the hell over it already. I'm an adult
now, and I can take rude people.

And if I haven't been here more than 5 minutes what exactly does that
say to you about me?? puzzling.

It says you're lazy. You didn't even bother to search the archives for
the info you sought. I think this question is asked about once a
month, year in and year out. If not this question, then questions much
like it. And the answers are about the same every time. So, why
didn't you even bother to do a search? Did you expect people to fall
all over themselves to give you free information? Serve it up to you
on a silver platter? No, your nose is all out of joint because the
answers didn't come in a form that was to the liking of your delicate
sensibilities.

Now, I don't expect you to answer in any way but defensively, as an
injured party, but maybe you could surprise me with a reason why
someone who hasn't lurked at all, done a search, or even the barest
amount of research should expect candy-coated opinions from anyone?

Let this be a lesson - lurk a little and do a search. Then the info
you get when you ask a question can be filtered more easily. And the
real reason you're mad is because I'm right. (But that's another
thread, LOL.)

E.P.

Old July 23rd 05, 04:52 AM
Westie

Bill Sornson wrote:
fungus wrote:

Oops. another one.

Who? What? Huh?

[...]

Oh come on, guys! You've got him all wound up now and he was just
lookin' for a little advice. We all know that while JD certainly has
the experience and knowledge behind him that his posts can be a little,
ummm.., abrupt, at times. It's no wonder that people get the wrong idea
when they don't know him.... actually, on second thought... even when
you know his posting style he can still rub the wrong way with those
posts LOL!

Anyway, now you've gone and got a guy that was only looking for some
help all ****ed off for no significant reason. You cold heartless
*******s.

--
Westie
Boomshanka ;-)
Old July 23rd 05, 05:21 AM
Bill Sornson

Westie wrote:
Bill Sornson wrote:
fungus wrote:

Oops. another one.

Who? What? Huh?

[...]

Um, they guy's name is /fungus/; had to be eradicated!

eg

Old July 23rd 05, 10:24 PM
Westie

fungus wrote:
I haven't much money.

Just as an update, I saw a secondhand 2004 GT Avalanche 1.0 Disc on
trademe.co.nz for NZ$402. Looked like it was mint condition.

urlhttp://www.trademe.co.nz/Sports/Cycling/Mountain-bikes/mcat-0005-0380-0050-.htm/url

That's about $120 GBP. There are good deals out there for the
financially-challenged.
--
Westie
Old July 25th 05, 10:03 AM
Tim

On 2005-07-22, spademan o---[) * wrote:
Good answer. Its a pity you just missed the offer on geared inbreds,
they were a bargain You can still get the SS version if that interests
you.
Steve.

Mmmm I really quite fancied one of the geared inbreds but I
didn't have the spare cash to spring for one. The LBS has the SS version
in at the moment in the right frame size calling me to take it for a
test ride. *Must* *be* *strong* *and* *not* *tryout*
--
Tim.

Old July 25th 05, 11:44 AM
fungus

Consider me a fourth prick.

Done!

You asked for comments on two bikes and you
got them.

No - I got glib fatuous and poorly informed economic advice.

You are the one who took it to the next level because you
didn't like the answer.

It's not Super Mario... there are no levels. what are you talking
about?

Learn to take it with a grain of salt my
friend.

We're not friends

You'll get through life much easier.

Oh.. I'm OK thanks

Most of us in this NG
have a bike that JD doesn't like or approve of.

Because he's plainly a self opinionated arse

That's his opinion and
we respect his right to make it.

Good for you. You can also respect my right to think he's a prick

However, comments on the components
(or lack of quality there of) is something you should really think about.

Exactly what I was after and exactly what I got from most contributors
except you and your cronies

Read it and move on. Don't waste effort on arguing when you could be
riding.

Hmmm... unusual advice from someone who has taken the time to reply to
a post just to tell me that I should think of you as a prick. Thanks
for your time.