OT Torx drill bit

Old March 6th 12, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default OT Torx drill bit

I wonder if there are any d-i-y experts here (non-electrical)

I am fastening a fitting on the kitchen wall - it comes with a torx headed
screw.

I guess from what I have read here, I need to drill a torx hole - and a torx
drill bit to drill the hole.

Will I need a torx wall plug of some sort?

Is this correct?

Old March 6th 12, 01:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

"Judith" wrote in message

I wonder if there are any d-i-y experts here (non-electrical)

I am fastening a fitting on the kitchen wall - it comes with a torx headed
screw.

I guess from what I have read here, I need to drill a torx hole - and a torx
drill bit to drill the hole.

Will I need a torx wall plug of some sort?

Is this correct?

As long as it's a torx wall you're fitting it to.

Old March 6th 12, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 06/03/2012 12:09, Judith wrote:

I wonder if there are any d-i-y experts here (non-electrical)

I'll try to help Judith.

I am fastening a fitting on the kitchen wall - it comes with a torx headed
screw.

OK. Good so far.

I guess from what I have read here, I need to drill a torx hole - and a torx
drill bit to drill the hole.

Indeed you do, but only if drilling a 'hull' instead of a hole. Make
sure the drill isn't in reverse, or you will drill a 'xrot' hole.

Will I need a torx wall plug of some sort?

Absolutely. Not expensive through. Torx is cheap.

Is this correct?

Might be safer to get an electrician in. Qualified of course.

University
Old March 6th 12, 11:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 21:54:18 +0000, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

On 06/03/2012 12:09, Judith wrote:

I wonder if there are any d-i-y experts here (non-electrical)

I'll try to help Judith.

I am fastening a fitting on the kitchen wall - it comes with a torx headed
screw.

OK. Good so far.

I guess from what I have read here, I need to drill a torx hole - and a torx
drill bit to drill the hole.

Indeed you do, but only if drilling a 'hull' instead of a hole. Make
sure the drill isn't in reverse, or you will drill a 'xrot' hole.

Will I need a torx wall plug of some sort?

Absolutely. Not expensive through. Torx is cheap.

Is this correct?

Might be safer to get an electrician in. Qualified of course.

Perfect - I will report back on how I get on - perhaps a high definition photo.

Old March 7th 12, 07:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

I wonder if there are any d-i-y experts here (non-electrical)

I'll try to help Judith.

Judith asked for a DIY *expert*.
Old March 7th 12, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:

I wonder if there are any d-i-y experts here (non-electrical)

I'll try to help Judith.

Judith asked for a DIY *expert*.

Posted by the incompetent ****wit who needs instructions to assemble
IKEA furniture...

University
Old March 7th 12, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

I wonder if there are any d-i-y experts here (non-electrical)

I'll try to help Judith.

Judith asked for a DIY *expert*.

Posted by the incompetent ****wit who needs instructions to assemble
IKEA furniture...

Posted by the illiterate handyman who cannot read IKEA instructions -
and knows better anyway.
Old March 8th 12, 12:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

wrote:

I wonder if there are any d-i-y experts here (non-electrical)

I'll try to help Judith.

Judith asked for a DIY *expert*.

Posted by the incompetent ****wit who needs instructions to assemble
IKEA furniture...

Posted by the illiterate handyman who cannot read IKEA instructions -
and knows better anyway.

Is there any need for such abusive responses?

Old March 8th 12, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:

I wonder if there are any d-i-y experts here (non-electrical)

I'll try to help Judith.

Judith asked for a DIY *expert*.

Posted by the incompetent ****wit who needs instructions to assemble
IKEA furniture...

Posted by the illiterate handyman who cannot read IKEA instructions -
and knows better anyway.

We have covered this before halfwit. Please explain to the rest of the
class how it is possible to 'read' pictures.

And I do know better.

University
Old March 7th 12, 07:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

Is this correct?

Might be safer to get an electrician in. Qualified of course.

So Bodge Job is certainly not your *expert*.