Red light cameras?

Old April 22nd 11, 02:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default Red light cameras?

Who's in favor of red light cameras? Who's against?

Do you think a cycling organization should come out in favor of them?

This is a serious question, not a troll. I know a cycling
organization whose officers are trying to decide.

- Frank Krygowski

Old April 22nd 11, 02:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
kolldata

one approach you could try is coming into country intersection at abt
125-turn your lights off so oncoming traffis is visible.
works great !

Old April 22nd 11, 03:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 4/21/2011 8:44 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Who's in favor of red light cameras? Who's against?
[...]

I think we should let the John's have their privacy.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old April 22nd 11, 04:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
kolldata

leading tooo the next serious discussion of traffic ****rol

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&s...&aqi=&aql=&oq=

Old April 22nd 11, 04:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
kolldata

On Apr 21, 10:00*pm, kolldata wrote:
leading tooo the next serious discussion of traffic ****rol

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&s...ih=761&q=prost...

depresssing !!!!

back to reality

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&b...&aqi=&aql=&oq=
Old April 22nd 11, 06:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 4/21/2011 10:00 PM, kolldata wrote:
leading tooo the next serious discussion of traffic ****rol

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&s...&aqi=&aql=&oq=

Search parameter corrected:
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&biw=1366&bih=607&gbv=2&tbm=isch&sa=1& q=us+congress&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=.

Old April 22nd 11, 05:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Jay Beattie

On Apr 21, 6:44*pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Who's in favor of red light cameras? *Who's against?

Do you think a cycling organization should come out in favor of them?

This is a serious question, not a troll. *I know a cycling
organization whose officers are trying to decide.

Those things are the reason I took the front license plate off my
bike!

We've got 'em. http://blog.oregonlive.com/commuting...meras_not.html
They're great for generating revenue. They are reported to reduce
accidents, so I could see a yes vote from a cycling organization. --
Jay Beattie.
Old April 22nd 11, 05:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Jeff Liebermann

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 18:44:22 -0700 (PDT), Frank Krygowski
wrote:

Who's in favor of red light cameras? Who's against?

Do you think a cycling organization should come out in favor of them?

Traffic cameras rely on photos of the license plate in order to
function. Unless you want a large metal licence plate on your
bicycle, methinks that a cyclists would not need to worry much about
getting a ticket from a traffic camera. If this cycling organization
wants to take a stand on traffic cameras for automobiles, methinks
they're somewhat out of their area of concern and expertise. No vote
for me.

(I initially thought you were asking about infrared photography).

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS
Old April 22nd 11, 01:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Tad McClellan

["Followup-To:" header set to rec.bicycles.tech.]

wrote:

Who's in favor of red light cameras? Who's against?

Do you think a cycling organization should come out in favor of them?

Traffic cameras rely on photos of the license plate in order to
function. Unless you want a large metal licence plate on your
bicycle, methinks that a cyclists would not need to worry much about
getting a ticket from a traffic camera.

Methinks that the cycling organization is worried about getting
mowed down by an automobile running a red light rather than
about getting a ticket.

If this cycling organization
wants to take a stand on traffic cameras for automobiles, methinks
they're somewhat out of their area of concern and expertise.

Skewing the odds towards avoiding becoming a greasy spot on
the pavement seems a laudable goal for a cycling organization.

--
Tad McClellan
email: perl -le "print scalar reverse qq/moc.liamg\100cm.j.dat/"