Accomodation at unicon

Old October 20th 07, 01:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cathwood

Default Accomodation at unicon

Hi, we are thinking of going to unicon in Denmark. I was just wondering
what kind of accomodation will be available, especially for families.

thanks.

--
cathwood

Cathy
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 20th 07, 03:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

cathwood wrote:
Hi, we are thinking of going to unicon in Denmark. I was just wondering
what kind of accommodation will be available, especially for families.

thanks.

You should PM Ivan and find out. Cause he went to a unicycle convention
there. So he would know.

--
Hazmat

I'M 1 WEIRD AND UNUSUAL GREEK
CYPRIOT AUSTRALIAN WHO
IS DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT.

'*Hazmat's What people think of me??'
(http://tinyurl.com/ytyaau)*

ivan wrote:
Its a wild ride, grabs me by the shoe-lace, and doesn't let go till I do
a face-plant.

http://www.usenet.com
Old October 20th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
forrestunifreak

Hazmat wrote:
You should PM Ivan and find out. Cause he went to a unicycle convention
there. So he would know.

Not exactly.... We went to FLUCK, which was held about 50 miles from
Copenhagen. The accomodations will be different.

I did see the main building that Unicon will be held in. But you'll
have to ask one of the organizers about accomodations, I don't know
abything about it.

--
forrestunifreak

I will, because I can.
'*-My Gallery-*' (http://tinyurl.com/wcrsl)
*www.qu-ax.com* *unicycle for
christ*

"Oh... they don't kick bricks, do they?" ~ Joe Hodgekins
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 21st 07, 12:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ca99medina

Hi Cathy,

I received this information from the Unicon organizers. I hope this
will help you!

Carlos
Unicon 2008

Facilities:
We have found a big building about 6 km. from the centre of Copenhagen
that has 4 gyms, changing rooms, restaurant/cafeteria and all we need.
One of the gyms will, together with the cafeteria, be a “hang out
place” where you can meet other people eat and just chill out when you
are not riding. All the events that require a gym will also take place
in that building. We are having most of the gyms doing the whole
convention. That means when competitions are not in the gym, they will
be open for everybody to practice and play around.

Track events will take place about 300 meters from the gyms.

Trails/ street competitions will take place in front of the gym
building, and there will be a simple trials course to play around at
doing the whole convention.

MUni: - There are mountain bike trails about 30 minutes by train from
the gyms. We hope to be able to do the competition in , where they have
mountains – final location will be confirmed later. Pictures of the
gyms and track will be online at the webpage soon.

Lodging:
We are working on getting classrooms about 400 meters from the Gyms,
for a decent price. More information’s when we get it confirmed.
Hopefully by spring 2007. Hotels, Hostels, B and B’s etc. will be
another possibility – Information’s and recommendations will be sending
out fall 2007.

Webpage:
We will have a website in several Languish up before new-year 2006. If
you want to be a translator, send us an email. The translation will be
from english.

Contact:
The Unicon committee can be contacted by sending an email to

Make sure to forward this email to all your friends that might be
interested in going to Unicon 2008 In Denmark and remind them to sign
up for the mailing list on
www.unicon2008.dk

Looking forward to see you all in in 2008.

All the best.

The Unicon organizing committee
Jesper M. Andersen, Kristian Sommer, Dennis Olesen and Jesper Sydney
Jensen.

--
ca99medina

Visit my page:
'www.uniciclos.com' (http://www.uniciclos.com)
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 26th 07, 11:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ivan

Hazmat wrote:
You should PM Ivan and find out. Cause he went to a unicycle convention
there. So he would know.

Wow! Just stumbled across this from a link in another thread.

I don't really know, but cheers for remembering me in times of need.

--
ivan

Sledgehammer for Jebusentropy isn't what it used
to be.

Trying is the first step towards failure.
-Homer Simpson-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oagr6Ydjzdw
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 28th 07, 02:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

thanks!

I was wondering, are there any street/ trials riders that are planning
to skip the freestyle/ race stuff and would want to go find cool spots
to ride at?

--
mornish

aim:kiloornish
email: mornish AT gmail DOT com'myspace' (www.myspace.com/mornish)

spencer wrote:
just think of it like a roller coaster.

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 28th 07, 04:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

mornish wrote:
thanks!

I was wondering, are there any street/ trials riders that are planning
to skip the freestyle/ race stuff and would want to go find cool spots
to ride at?

Of course!

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)
http://www.usenet.com

accomodation adelaide ronni51 Australia 8 November 18th 05 02:32 AM
Accomodation for La Marmotte Mark UK 5 November 8th 05 10:16 PM
Accomodation/Advice on the Taff Trail [email protected] Rides 0 July 4th 05 03:16 PM
Isle of Wight - accomodation? John Hearns UK 13 February 25th 05 12:35 AM
IoW accomodation? John Hearns UK 23 April 30th 04 09:15 PM