HD Radio

Old May 14th 07, 01:23 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

Default HD Radio

Well, it's semi-on topic because I always listen to tunes while
working on my bikes.

I just picked up a Sangean HDT-1 AM/FM HD Tuner for my home stereo.
The original tuner in my JVC tuner/amp burned out about a year ago and
I could easily live without LA radio. I did a bit of reading and
found out the ins and outs of HD radio and how LA already has a bunch
of stations broadcasting in HD. It's already paid for itself today
with no commercials and nonstop rock of varied and deep cuts. I have
yet to scratch the surface of the HD airwaves here in LA and am stoked
to have real radio again that's commercial free to boot.

JD woke up to UFO this morning on the radio

Old May 14th 07, 09:40 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On May 13, 5:23 pm, JD wrote:
snip

I have yet to scratch the surface of the HD airwaves here in LA and am stoked
to have real radio again that's commercial free to boot.

JD woke up to UFO this morning on the radio

Have you checked out any podcasts yet? I'm a Blues and Alt country/
americana fan and found some cool podcasts. Truly freeform and
noncorprate. Some are pretty ameturish but others are very
professional. It's also a great way to check out the music scene in
different regions. I'm sure that there's some good rock podcasts out
there.

Pauly

Old May 15th 07, 01:16 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On May 14, 1:40 pm, wrote:
On May 13, 5:23 pm, JD wrote:
snip

I have yet to scratch the surface of the HD airwaves here in LA and am stoked
to have real radio again that's commercial free to boot.

JD woke up to UFO this morning on the radio

Have you checked out any podcasts yet? I'm a Blues and Alt country/
americana fan and found some cool podcasts. Truly freeform and
noncorprate. Some are pretty ameturish but others are very
professional. It's also a great way to check out the music scene in
different regions. I'm sure that there's some good rock podcasts out
there.

Pauly

What the hell is a podcast?

JD

Old May 15th 07, 02:11 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On May 14, 5:16 pm, JD wrote:
On May 14, 1:40 pm, wrote:

snip

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcast

Old May 17th 07, 09:21 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Crazy Fred

On May 13, 8:23 pm, JD wrote:
Well, it's semi-on topic because I always listen to tunes while
working on my bikes.

I just picked up a Sangean HDT-1 AM/FM HD Tuner for my home stereo.
The original tuner in my JVC tuner/amp burned out about a year ago and
I could easily live without LA radio. I did a bit of reading and
found out the ins and outs of HD radio and how LA already has a bunch
of stations broadcasting in HD. It's already paid for itself today
with no commercials and nonstop rock of varied and deep cuts. I have
yet to scratch the surface of the HD airwaves here in LA and am stoked
to have real radio again that's commercial free to boot.

JD woke up to UFO this morning on the radio

What you listen to. When I was out there it KLOS & KMET.

Old May 17th 07, 07:29 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

Crazy Fred wrote:
On May 13, 8:23 pm, JD wrote:
Well, it's semi-on topic because I always listen to tunes while
working on my bikes.

I just picked up a Sangean HDT-1 AM/FM HD Tuner for my home stereo.
The original tuner in my JVC tuner/amp burned out about a year ago and
I could easily live without LA radio. I did a bit of reading and
found out the ins and outs of HD radio and how LA already has a bunch
of stations broadcasting in HD. It's already paid for itself today
with no commercials and nonstop rock of varied and deep cuts. I have
yet to scratch the surface of the HD airwaves here in LA and am stoked
to have real radio again that's commercial free to boot.

JD woke up to UFO this morning on the radio

What you listen to. When I was out there it KLOS & KMET.

You wouldn't listen to KMET any more, that's for sure. They changed
formats to elevator music long ago. From Wikipedia:

"The station’s owners finally gave up, and KMET signed off on February
14, 1987, to be replaced with new age KTWV "The Wave," much to the
consternation of its fans, many of whom called it "the Valentine's Day
Massacre". Today, like many other new age music stations, "The Wave" has
evolved into a smooth jazz format and is presently owned by CBS Radio.
The KMET call letters have been since reassigned to an AM smooth jazz
station in Banning, California."

KLOS is still alive and sort of well. But Indy 103 has been the LA
radio station for all things rock and roll the last couple of years.

Greg

--
The ticket******* Tax Tracker:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html

Dethink to survive - Mclusky
Old May 17th 07, 10:52 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On May 17, 11:29 am, "G.T." wrote:
Crazy Fred wrote:
On May 13, 8:23 pm, JD wrote:
[...]

Indie 103 is good, especially Jonesey's Jukebox which is hosted by the
nefarious Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols. However, those dumbasses
need to do something about their signal, which sucks more than pre-
Mount Wilson KNAC. KLOS is kicking and scratching though, with Jim
Ladd playing free form Rock & Roll in prime time weeknights. His shows
apex is his "Theme of Consciousness Fridays". The show is 100%
listener requests 9PM to 1AM, based on a predetermined weekly theme.
Also they have KLOS Late Night where unnamed celebs are jockeying free
form from 1AM to 5AM. Last night I heard a Scorpions song that
yes.com missed because it was too obscure to be digitized and read by
their equipment. Sometimes the Late Night show is very, very good and
skips the mundane same old over and over crap that Rock stations have
become.

JD

Old May 18th 07, 01:56 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
â–€Slack

On Thu, 17 May 2007 14:52:06 -0700, JD wrote:

[...]

I thought Fly to the Rainbow was their first album. It was certainly my
first Scorps album.
http://www.mp3sugar.com/scorpions-s152/4/

Btw, mp3sugar.com also has all the old UFO stuff.
--
Slack
Old May 18th 07, 11:28 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Crazy Fred

On May 17, 2:29 pm, "G.T." wrote:
Crazy Fred wrote:
On May 13, 8:23 pm, JD wrote:
[...]

Dethink to survive - Mclusky- Hide quoted text -

I was out there in 84-86 listening to KLOS & KMET. Well in the area
Santa Barbara and Lom Poc. Mountains are all around so to get in the
station I had run bare wire zig zag all over the ceiling and then hook
it to the antenna of my large Boom box. Now you all see how far Radio
Tech has come in just 20 years.

Two way radio Mitch Berg General 31 July 28th 06 07:28 PM
BBC radio Jack Russell Australia 0 July 26th 06 12:12 AM
And later, here on Radio 4... Mark McNeill UK 1 July 19th 06 10:20 PM
On Radio 4 this morning MartinM UK 0 January 27th 06 10:19 AM
Radio 4 now John Hearns UK 3 July 1st 04 06:04 PM