"Developing the Conscientious Mountain Biker"

Old August 24th 07, 05:05 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default "Developing the Conscientious Mountain Biker"

I was wondering where they would find "leaders in environmental
advocacy", since all of the speakers are mountain biking advocates,
NOT environmental advocates. I have yet to hear any of them advocate
protection of the environment. HAVE YOU? On the contrary, they all
advocate destroying more habitat to build mountain more biking trails.

Well, maybe they should have told the truth, because I understand that
exactly ONE person from the entire San Francisco Bay Area, other than
the speakers, showed up to learn how to be a conscientious mountain
biker, from people who themselves aren't conscientious mountain
bikers. OF COURSE. Obviously, mountain bikers (including the speakers)
aren't really interested in learning how to be conscientious. So maybe
they should stop pretending!

Mike

Developing the Conscientious Mountain Biker is a panel discussion
using positive role models to educate new cyclists into becoming
contributing members of the community in a safe, healthy, and
environmentally-friendly manner. Our panelists will include
historical leaders in the sport and environmental advocacy, and extra
effort will be made to be inclusive of women and youth for our
audience. Bring your questions for Jim Hasenauer (IMBA), Matt
Fritzinger (NorCal HS MTB League), Colleen Wanty (LunaChix), Marc
Rossi (Jamis Bicycles), and Jacquie Phelan (WOMBATS). From 5-8pm
Sports Basement (in the Presidio) will be providing drinks and snacks
and a great 15% off on the night with 5% of related sales going to the
Breast Cancer Fund. More info: http://www.sportsbasement.com

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old August 24th 07, 11:10 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
john

your the one who should stop pretending

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
[...]

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Old August 24th 07, 03:48 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 10:10:21 GMT, "john" wrote:

your the one who should stop pretending

They should have just asked ME to speak to them. More mountain bikers
would like to hear me, than want to hear these famous mountain bikers
speak!

The bottom line is that mountain bikers just don't want to hear
anything about protecting the environment! They just want to be free
to do whatever they want. In other words, they are INFANTS.

.. .

Old August 24th 07, 07:33 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
cc

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 10:10:21 GMT, "john" wrote:

your the one who should stop pretending

They should have just asked ME to speak to them. More mountain bikers
would like to hear me, than want to hear these famous mountain bikers
speak!

The bottom line is that mountain bikers just don't want to hear
anything about protecting the environment! They just want to be free
to do whatever they want. In other words, they are INFANTS.

That's funny. Did you mean to directly contradict yourself in two
statements immediately following one another?
Old August 24th 07, 07:43 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 21:05:41 -0700, Mike Vandeman
said in
:

Well, maybe they should have told the truth, because I understand that
exactly ONE person from the entire San Francisco Bay Area, other than
the speakers, showed up to learn how to be a conscientious mountain
biker

And did you learn much? Oh, wait, you said *person*. As you were,
then.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old August 24th 07, 07:43 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 07:48:27 -0700, Mike Vandeman
said in
:

They should have just asked ME to speak to them.

Or they could just stick their heads in a sewer, that would have the
same effect and be over quicker.

Old August 25th 07, 12:51 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:33:00 -0700, cc wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 10:10:21 GMT, "john" wrote:

your the one who should stop pretending

They should have just asked ME to speak to them. More mountain bikers
would like to hear me, than want to hear these famous mountain bikers
speak!

The bottom line is that mountain bikers just don't want to hear
anything about protecting the environment! They just want to be free
to do whatever they want. In other words, they are INFANTS.

That's funny. Did you mean to directly contradict yourself in two
statements immediately following one another?

There's no contradiction. Think a little.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old August 25th 07, 04:19 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
daddy

snip

They should have just asked ME to speak to them. More mountain bikers
would like to hear me, than want to hear these famous mountain bikers
speak!

/snip

Liar!