Wind, stinking lying weatherman

Old December 16th 10, 03:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
dgk

Default Wind, stinking lying weatherman

Well, I don't actually know that the weatherman stinks. But he sure
lied about this morning. Supposedly there was too be a nice 6-8 mph
wind, but no, it was a good 25 mph in my face most of the way to work.
The fact that it was 23F didn't help a whole lot, but I expected that.
That was 12 miles directlly into that wind. Not even wind gusts, it
was just constant.

Death is too good for the lying, possibly stinking, weatherman.
Torture must be arranged.
Old December 16th 10, 04:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tad McClellan

dgk wrote:
Well, I don't actually know that the weatherman stinks. But he sure
lied about this morning. Supposedly there was too be a nice 6-8 mph
wind, but no, it was a good 25 mph in my face most of the way to work.
The fact that it was 23F didn't help a whole lot, but I expected that.
That was 12 miles directlly into that wind. Not even wind gusts, it
was just constant.

And the wind will switch 180 degrees before you get off of work.

My out-and-back training run is uphill both ways :-(

Death is too good for the lying, possibly stinking, weatherman.
Torture must be arranged.

Make him ride a bike for 12 miles into a 25 mph wind at 23F!

--
Tad McClellan
email: perl -le "print scalar reverse qq/moc.liamg\100cm.j.dat/"
Old December 17th 10, 01:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°[_2_]

On 12/16/2010 9:04 AM, dgk wrote:
Well, I don't actually know that the weatherman stinks. But he sure
lied about this morning. Supposedly there was too be a nice 6-8 mph
wind, but no, it was a good 25 mph in my face most of the way to work.
The fact that it was 23F didn't help a whole lot, but I expected that.
That was 12 miles directlly into that wind. Not even wind gusts, it
was just constant.

Death is too good for the lying, possibly stinking, weatherman.
Torture must be arranged.

Poke him with soft cushions with the stuffing all up one end!

--
Tēm ShermĒn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old December 17th 10, 02:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
dgk

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 19:14:37 -0600, Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°
" wrote:

On 12/16/2010 9:04 AM, dgk wrote:
Well, I don't actually know that the weatherman stinks. But he sure
lied about this morning. Supposedly there was too be a nice 6-8 mph
wind, but no, it was a good 25 mph in my face most of the way to work.
The fact that it was 23F didn't help a whole lot, but I expected that.
That was 12 miles directlly into that wind. Not even wind gusts, it
was just constant.

Death is too good for the lying, possibly stinking, weatherman.
Torture must be arranged.

Poke him with soft cushions with the stuffing all up one end!

Oh no, not the soft cushion.

Today was also 23F with a strong wind, though not as bad as yesterday.
But my fingers got cold today and I'm not sure why. The heated mittens
worked well. I think it's just three days of riding into this ****, it
seems to have some sort of cumulative effect..
Old December 20th 10, 01:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
dgk

" wrote:

On 12/16/2010 9:04 AM, dgk wrote:
Well, I don't actually know that the weatherman stinks. But he sure
lied about this morning. Supposedly there was too be a nice 6-8 mph
wind, but no, it was a good 25 mph in my face most of the way to work.
The fact that it was 23F didn't help a whole lot, but I expected that.
That was 12 miles directlly into that wind. Not even wind gusts, it
was just constant.

Death is too good for the lying, possibly stinking, weatherman.
Torture must be arranged.

Poke him with soft cushions with the stuffing all up one end!

Oh no, not the soft cushion.

Today was also 23F with a strong wind, though not as bad as yesterday.
But my fingers got cold today and I'm not sure why. The heated mittens
worked well. I think it's just three days of riding into this ****, it
seems to have some sort of cumulative effect..

Yeah, today was another 20+mph day with upper 20's temp. Tomorrow
expected to be "windy" as well. Wednesday is going to hit a high of
37F with winds only 11 mph. That will be the best day of the week. We
got lucky and missed any snow though.