feh!

Old September 8th 03, 02:09 PM
H. M. Leary

Default feh!

In article ,
Marian Rosenberg wrote:

I hit a car on my bicycle today.

I was going slowly, and was applying my brakes, as well as swerving
around the ******* who was pulling into the bicycle lane during rush hour.

My bicycle didn't touch the car. I thumped my bad leg against the rear
bumper, that was it. Barely a thud to be heard. And the thump was a
little enough one that it hardly even hurt.

My immediate response was to tell the driver "I'm okay" and that it was
okay (that he had been a stupid ******* pulling into the bicycle lane
during rush hour ... went unspoken).

His immediate response was to see if I had damaged his paint job.

Be careful, Marion.

You never know when that driver may be some crazed individual who may pull a gun
and empty it at you.

Glad that you are OK.

HAND

--
"Freedom Is a Light for Which Many Have Died in Darkness"

Old September 8th 03, 04:11 PM
Marian Rosenberg

H. M. Leary wrote:
In article ,
Marian Rosenberg wrote:

I hit a car on my bicycle today.

Be careful, Marion.

You never know when that driver may be some crazed individual who may pull a gun
and empty it at you.

It is a real shame. I had originally titled this post cultural
differences and mentioned where I currently live. Then, I changed my
mind because it seemed irrelevant. I guess your response shows that
rude behavior from stupid drivers is not limited to any one country.

When I lived in the states I was rarely a bicyclist and never a driver.
I was hoping that this idiotic behavior was a symptom of most of the
drivers in this city having learned in the last 5 or 10 years.

The one thing I definitely do not have to worry about in this country is
guns.

Now that bit of news about there being a team from the Japanese army in
town to find any remaining ordnance left over from the occupation 50
some odd years ago because some of it blew up and killed a few people
last week, that worries me. I have major issues with things that go
*boom*.

But guns, even guns in the hands of crazed individuals, they don't worry me.

-M

P.S. Usenet is international

Old September 8th 03, 11:26 PM
bgaudet0801

"Marian Rosenberg" wrote in message
[...]
His immediate response was to see if I had damaged his paint job.

I know it wouldn't be appropriate but my first impulse would be to proceed
to damage his paint job - You know, so he wouldn't be disappointed.

--
'Sell your sin
Just cash in' -Jewell

Old September 9th 03, 02:53 AM
Rick Onanian

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 11:07:27 -0500, wrote:
His immediate response was to see if I had damaged his paint job.

If you had been carrying a gun, you could have shot him.

Finally, a good idea from you...

Rick Onanian
Old September 10th 03, 12:51 AM
Mark Jones

"Marian Rosenberg" wrote in message
His immediate response was to see if I had damaged his paint job.

That would be my immediate response as well.

Old September 10th 03, 02:44 AM
Donny Harder Jr.

In article ,
Marian Rosenberg wrote:

My immediate response was to tell the driver "I'm okay" and that it was
okay (that he had been a stupid ******* pulling into the bicycle lane
during rush hour ... went unspoken).

His immediate response was to see if I had damaged his paint job.

I had something nearly identical happen to me last week. Some guy was
riding around, apparently looking for something and, in my haste to pass
him in the clear-as-day, recently-painted-bike-lane, he swerves over and
I had to walk on the side of his door to avoid scratching the paint on
the green Nissan.

He didn't notice me staring at him for a good ten seconds through the
passenger window. So I passed behind him, rolled up beside him and
tapped his window. "Try not to run me over, okay?" He replied with a
sheepish "sorry."

Dumb-dumbs. Be careful Marian. I'll send some good karma your way.

Old September 11th 03, 12:00 AM
trg

I had pretty much the same reaction as you. I thought, at least here in
France I don't have to worry anymore about some driver getting PO'es at me
and taking a shot at me when we have words.

"Marian Rosenberg" a écrit dans le message
de ...
H. M. Leary wrote:
In article ,
Marian Rosenberg wrote:

[...]