Saddle questions

Old March 9th 05, 11:28 AM
Ken Marcet

Default Saddle questions

Does an one know of a economically priced saddle that will let me ride more
than a couple of miles without the need for padded cycling pants? Or is this
just a dream of mine? I was browsing nashbar and they have some in the $30
to $40 range that look as though they have a bit more padding than a "stock"
read "cheap" seat.

Ken

--
More of my mind dribblings: http://mind-dribble.blogspot.com/
And my homepage: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/

Old March 9th 05, 01:07 PM
Roy Zipris

Someone once described the feeling of a Brooks B-17 as riding while
sitting in a hammock. Got it pretty right, in my experience. You can't
go wrong with Wallingford, which sells them with a 6-month
guarantee/return policy.

But, as you will no doubt hear, saddles are extremely personal things,
and no one "size" fits all. And padding is not necessarily a good thing
on long rides. --Roy Zipris

Old March 9th 05, 08:01 PM
Matt O'Toole

Roy Zipris wrote:

Someone once described the feeling of a Brooks B-17 as riding while
sitting in a hammock. Got it pretty right, in my experience. You can't
go wrong with Wallingford, which sells them with a 6-month
guarantee/return policy.

A new Brooks is over a hundred bucks. In fact I've seen used ones sell for that
much.

Matt O.

Old March 9th 05, 08:42 PM

A new Brooks is over a hundred bucks. In fact I've seen used ones
sell for that
much.

Matt O.

Try $50-60 for the b-17 standard. The expensive ones are a bit lighter
is all

Old March 10th 05, 03:04 AM
maxo

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 20:26:16 -0600, Mike Kruger wrote:

The other used Brooks I've bought have been in the
$30 range. (one at Urban Bikes in Chicago, just to name one
good place for stuff like this.)

Are they still around? I used to LOVE that place. They only had a pair of
vintage and frighteningly hard Ideale saddles when I was there last.
[Shivers]

I got my Brooks Champion Flyer this last spring for $50 on sale on-line.

It's a heavy beast and I don't care. :P

Old March 12th 05, 03:55 PM
David

In article .com,
wrote:

A new Brooks is over a hundred bucks. In fact I've seen used ones

sell for that
much.

Matt O.

Try $50-60 for the b-17 standard. The expensive ones are a bit lighter
is all

The brand newly upgraded B-17 will be more expensive and they will be
out in the spring of 2005. The classic B17 standard is getting harder
to find, but not impossible.

David.
Old March 10th 05, 07:26 AM
Tom Sherman

Roy Zipris wrote:

Someone once described the feeling of a Brooks B-17 as riding while
sitting in a hammock. Got it pretty right, in my experience....

For a real hammock seat:
http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/costin/Monky1.jpg.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Old March 10th 05, 07:36 AM
Darin McGrew

Or perhaps http://www.pedersenbicycle.dk/history.html
--
Darin McGrew, , http://www.rahul.net/mcgrew/
Web Design Group, , http://www.HTMLHelp.com/

"I'd love to make time, if only I could find the recipe."