Help New Tyres

Old February 2nd 07, 09:32 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.misc
Kev

Default Help New Tyres

Hi,

I've made do with the tyres (Tioga Psycho II's) that came with my early to
mid 90's Diamond Back Ascent EX mountain bike (ok I admit it hasn't been
used as much as it could have). I'm getting my bike out again this year and
thought it could do with a new pair of tyres. I intend to use it mainly on
the road, occasionally off but mainly on hard packed ground. I was
considering a pair of slicks but someone at work suggested a multi purpose
tyre like Specialized Crossroads EX Tyres. What would you suggest for decent
replacements?

My current tyre size is 26 x 1.95", this may be a silly question but will
any 26" tyre fit or do I have to stick to the 1.95" part too?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Kev

Old February 3rd 07, 12:04 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.misc
Dawgwalker

You can put larger tires on. There is a limit based upon width of the chain
stays, but surely 2.0 or 2.1x26.
"Kev" (replacenumbersforlette rs) wrote in
message ...

Old February 3rd 07, 01:10 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.misc
Paladin

Kev (replacenumbersforletters) wrote:
Hi,

I've made do with the tyres (Tioga Psycho II's) that came with my early to
mid 90's Diamond Back Ascent EX mountain bike (ok I admit it hasn't been
used as much as it could have). I'm getting my bike out again this year and
thought it could do with a new pair of tyres. I intend to use it mainly on
the road, occasionally off but mainly on hard packed ground. I was
considering a pair of slicks but someone at work suggested a multi purpose
tyre like Specialized Crossroads EX Tyres. What would you suggest for decent
replacements?

My current tyre size is 26 x 1.95", this may be a silly question but will
any 26" tyre fit or do I have to stick to the 1.95" part too?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Kev

You might look at Kendas. They have good commuter tires that have a
little grab for when you go on dirt: http://www.kendausa.com/bicycle/
comfort.html. I had an Ascent I'd used as an extra loaner before I
sold it to my buddy at work. Pretty decent bike.

CDB

Old February 3rd 07, 09:17 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Crazy Fred

On Feb 2, 4:32 pm, "Kev"
(replacenumbersforlette rs) wrote:
Hi,

I've made do with the tyres (Tioga Psycho II's) that came with my early to
mid 90's Diamond Back Ascent EX mountain bike (ok I admit it hasn't been
used as much as it could have). I'm getting my bike out again this year and
thought it could do with a new pair of tyres. I intend to use it mainly on
the road, occasionally off but mainly on hard packed ground. I was
considering a pair of slicks but someone at work suggested a multi purpose
tyre like Specialized Crossroads EX Tyres. What would you suggest for decent
replacements?

My current tyre size is 26 x 1.95", this may be a silly question but will
any 26" tyre fit or do I have to stick to the 1.95" part too?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Kev

How did you get this far with those tires. I loved them on my old Trek
6000 in 97. But after a while the sidewalls were coming apart. I think
I **** canned them in 99. They never got a flat when they should have
after all those sharp things, rocks to pickers I rode on. Stay with in
195 to 200 size for reasons we say.Kenda make good tires but stay
clear of their Claws XT's.

Old February 4th 07, 05:56 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.misc
Snortley

You might also take a look at the Schwalbe Marathon Cross 26 x
1.75.

You got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there.

- Yogi Berra

406 tyres Tim Hall UK 24 February 8th 06 07:56 PM
New Tyres A5hi5M Australia 10 October 9th 05 04:33 AM
Tyres OLLY UK 0 February 10th 05 06:58 PM
Tyres Graham UK 10 June 14th 04 07:08 PM
Tyres thaiffer Unicycling 16 April 19th 04 08:09 PM