Buying a bike overseas

Old July 21st 04, 04:55 AM
byron27

Default Buying a bike overseas

Tom Nicholson Wrote:
byron27 wrote in message
Ive heard that singapore is quite cheap for bike stuff. Do you know

of
any shops there that will do mail order to australia?

I don't know any as I've never asked.

Have a google...

I buy from a shop called Treknology 3 bikes

there is also:
rendevousbikes.com
two wheel action

and some others.

Google is your friend, and a quick call is worth it. We are on same
time as Perth - 2 hrs ahead Melb and Sydney.

Tom

i did try google but didnt come up with much.
I am in perth so we both have the same time.
Ta for the leads!

--
byron27

Old July 21st 04, 04:58 AM
flyingdutch

Tom Nicholson Wrote:
byron27 wrote in
message
Ive heard that singapore is quite cheap for bike stuff. Do you know

of
any shops there that will do mail order to australia?

I buy from a shop called Treknology 3 bikes

Tom

My cuzz got delivery of her custombuilt TREK WSD, ordered thru
treknology last week.
Couriered over for $60AUS

Sweet as!!! (bike and price)

about 2/3rds the price of here, and a wicked Hawaiian paint job with
her name on it

she was gonna come out on 'bunch ride 5' with us but it was vaguely wet
so she saved the bike for a drier day!

--
flyingdutch

Old July 21st 04, 06:44 AM
tonykara

flyingdutch Wrote:
My cuzz got delivery of her custombuilt TREK WSD, ordered thru
treknology last week.
Couriered over for $60AUS

Sweet as!!! (bike and price)

about 2/3rds the price of here, and a wicked Hawaiian paint job with
her name on it

she was gonna come out on 'bunch ride 5' with us but it was vaguely wet
so she saved the bike for a drier day!

how much did she pay for the custom colour scheme?

--
tonykara
Old July 21st 04, 06:50 AM
hippy

"flyingdutch"
My cuzz got delivery of her custombuilt TREK WSD, ordered thru
treknology last week. Couriered over for $60AUS

she was gonna come out on 'bunch ride 5' with us but it was vaguely

wet
so she saved the bike for a drier day!

Boo! Hiss! Boooo!!

Get it dirty! Get it wet!
It'll wash off, never fret!

hippy ;-)

Old July 21st 04, 06:54 AM
flyingdutch

tonykara Wrote:
how much did she pay for the custom colour scheme?

extra $300 i think, but she also got a custom toptube length too in the
same price (and yes i DO relaise the WSD is female-specific but she went
one step further. damn ex-bmx champs... )

--
flyingdutch

Old July 21st 04, 07:19 AM
tonykara

flyingdutch Wrote:
extra $300 i think, but she also got a custom toptube length too in the
same price (and yes i DO relaise the WSD is female-specific but she
went one step further. damn ex-bmx champs... )

i just sent them an email regarding the asking price for a trek 5500
OCLV 120 frameset with the siver comet paint job........

--
tonykara