OK They are not rubber suits

Old November 2nd 04, 05:32 PM
Roger Zoul

Maggie wrote:
|| Maybe when I am at the point of being on a bike for HOURS....I will
|| try some of this bizarre clothing. But at this point. I am
|| comfortable in a jogging suit. Or Jeans and sneakers. We'll see how
|| things progress if I keep riding. I still can't imagine dressing in
|| lycra spandex though. Or wearing something with a geled crotch. Plus
|| if I ride my bike to work, and I enter this office in black and pink
|| lycra pants with a padded crotch they will throw a net over me. I
|| work with men who do commercial, industrial construction. Iron
|| workers and such. You try walking up to an Iron worker while wearing
|| a pink
|| and black lycra spandex outfit. And I am female. I can't even
|| imagine how they would torment a guy wearing such a thing.

Well, if a guy is wearing pink he might have problems, but if he's simply
wearing black lycra shorts there won't be any problem, unless his shame is
showing on his face.

Think
|| about it in
|| the same way as a guy walking up to Tony Soprano on the TV show
|| wearing spandex. How do you think that would play out.

No problemo.

Old November 2nd 04, 06:10 PM
Badger_South

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 11:32:52 -0500, "Roger Zoul"
wrote:

||You try walking up to an Iron worker while wearing
|| a pink
|| and black lycra spandex outfit. And I am female. I can't even
|| imagine how they would torment a guy wearing such a thing.

Well, if a guy is wearing pink he might have problems, but if he's simply
wearing black lycra shorts there won't be any problem, unless his shame is
showing on his face.

Heh, funny. Actually, I hope sometime in the future to be able to wear hot
pink, like Jan, on the bike. But that's at least 10 years of training away,
methinks, if ever.

IOW, when the 'look' matches the _performance_, then I'll think about it.

||Think
|| about it in
|| the same way as a guy walking up to Tony Soprano on the TV show
|| wearing spandex. How do you think that would play out.

No problemo.

Tony is Mexican?

-B

Old November 2nd 04, 09:31 PM
Zoot Katz

Tue, 02 Nov 2004 10:16:05 -0500,
,
Badger_South wrote:

Well if you're surrounded by lucious babes on bikes, you don't need to
assume the facade of the lycra-clad superhero...

Others, well, their mileage may vary... g

There's a bit of conflict there as most of these young women are of
the counter-cultural persuasion so to some extent shun the lycra look
for bikes. Sara however very much liked my watermelon jersey and bib
knickers and expressed that she needs to get some padded shorts for
herself. Cara loves all my pink stuff but I've gotten several
compliments on that.
--
zk