Bicycle Bad Welds Problem

Old February 13th 04, 02:06 AM
carlfogel

Default Bicycle Bad Welds Problem

jeboyt wrote:
2-10-2004
Attention Member Bicycle Shop Owners,
Subject: Bad Welds Investigation
After receiving a large number of complaints of defective bicycles,
several involved in road accidents, we launched an investigation
six months ago into the cause of bicycle failure and instability at
high speeds.
Our investigation has found defective welds of steel tubes from several
different bicycle manufactures that are made overseas. This is
apparently caused by use of low cost and contaminated welding rods. The
welds are corrosive, therefore internally rust and weaken quickly.
Please inspect each weld for any signs of rusting or small cracks. If
one deviation is found, the bicycle may be re-welded at that joint. If
two or more deviations are found, the bicycle should be considered
unsafe to ride, and the owner notified.
The rods are manufactured in China, and are currently being sold to many
bicycle frame manufactures in the Far East, including Japan, China,
Taiwan, Malaysia, and others.
There have been no reports of American made bicycles having this defect.
We have notified the manufactures involved of the quality problems.
Thank you,
Henry Fisher, President
American Bicycle Retail Association
#3241 Forth Floor
1212 North Palmer Street Washington, D.C

Dear Jeboyt

Are you sure that you're not on 1234 Thurd Floor

Carl Foge

-

Old February 13th 04, 02:08 AM
S. Anderson

wrote in message
ll.eu.org...
2-10-2004

Attention Member Bicycle Shop Owners,

snip..

Henry Fisher, President

What a load of road apples..I think it's actually Henry "The Troll"
Fisherman....nice try. You can't beat the helmet thread!!

Old February 13th 04, 02:18 AM
David L. Johnson

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 02:06:48 +0000, carlfogel wrote:

Henry Fisher, President
American Bicycle Retail Association

Hmm. I can't find any information about this group on the net. Anyone?
Or is he just spreading rumors to discredit cheap bikes (as if that needs
any help)?

There have been no reports of American made bicycles having this
defect.

Of course, since he is apparently talking about cheap
bicycle-shaped toys, I don't think there are any American-made comparable
bicycles to compare to.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
_`\(,_ | certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to
(_)/ (_) | reality. -- Albert Einstein

Old February 13th 04, 04:44 AM
Mike Jacoubowsky

#3241 Forth Floor
1212 North Palmer Street
Washington, D.C

With a hotmail address? )

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old February 13th 04, 02:49 PM
onefred

wrote in message
[...]

Oh, excellent! Just excellent. Nothing like some good humor to begin one's
Friday!

Thank you,

Thank YOU,

Dave

#3241 Forth Floor
1212 North Palmer Street
Washington, D.C

3241 Forht Fl.
HAAAA-ha-ha-ha... HAAAA-ha-ha... Ahhhhhhhhh.... That's funny.