24 Miles! Yay me!

Old October 12th 03, 04:49 AM
Animation

Default 24 Miles! Yay me!

All,

OK I know lots of you have gone more than 24 miles but I had never gone
more than 7 until today. Today I rode 24 miles and averaged about 8.5
miles an hour, on my Sem with 29" Nanoraptor. I've never done that much
and to my surprise I wasnt even tired or dehydrated or anything. OK I
know 8.5 MPH is slow.

I was invited by a friend to do a "Birthday Challenge" event they do
every year now on the LongLeaf rails-to-trails (paved) course in
Mississippi. The challenge is to do your age in Kilometers. Not too hard
I guess. So, I hit a local paved trail to try to warm up and "see where
I was". I surprised myself by doing all 24 miles straight (2 min break
every 4 miles; I didnt count breaks in my speed average)! Cool! Now I
know I can do it!

OK I know this isn't exciting for anyone else but feel free to gimme a
little "congrats" action, I could use it!

Lewis

--
Animation - Fear the Lurk-Bandit!

Lewis W Beard

Animation's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/615

Old October 12th 03, 06:49 AM
gerblefranklin

Congrat's!!!!! My best is 14 miles on a crappy fire road. You deserve
to be proud. Now do it again

--
gerblefranklin

I don't break equipment, I make it cheaper.

Old October 12th 03, 12:46 PM
U-Turn

gerblefranklin wrote:
*Congrat's!!!!! My best is 14 miles on a crappy fire road. You
deserve to be proud. Now do it again *

I agree.... backwards! =) Congrats, Lewis!

--
U-Turn - Small fish, big pond

Weep in the dojo... laugh in the battlefield.

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

-- Dave Stockton

Old October 12th 03, 02:01 PM
Krashin'Kenny

That's quite an accomplishment!!!!! If I were to do my age, I'd have to
go 50 miles
Yesterday, there was a fundraiser ride to raise money for maintaining
the old Spanish Missions here in San Antonio and I volunteered to lead
one of the shorter rides. Of course, I had to ride a unicycle!!! I opted
to ride my 24x3 MUni instead of my 28'r so that I could play on some of
the small drops and stuff. I ended up with 11 miles, on pavement with a
Gazz!!!
Next time I think I'll use my brain and ride my "road" uni

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!
Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

Old October 12th 03, 02:49 PM
UniMike

I'm still working on my first 200 feet - 24 miles is COOL!!!!! Way to
go, Lewis!

OK I know this isn't exciting for anyone else but feel free to gimme a
little "congrats" action, I could use it!

You deserve it, too!

Lewis

Old October 12th 03, 04:47 PM
Animation

All,

Thanks for the asked-for congrats!

Today I've decided to leave the uni in the launch bay so I can relax!

Lewis

Old October 13th 03, 12:51 AM
Krashin'Kenny

Ooops!!! Thanks for pointing that out

Old October 13th 03, 03:00 AM
Tmornstar

Way to go, Lewis! Remember when doing 1 mile was an amazing feat!!!
Keep it up and come out and play with us in Mempho!
Tommy

--
Tmornstar - Student of Christopher

Tommy Thompson
Memphis Unicycle Club
Please vist our web site:
http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
Tmornstar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/658

Old October 13th 03, 05:46 AM
chirokid

Congrats Lewis... --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"That wascally wabbit wan off with a wobble of one wheelers" E. Fud
Original prose by UniBrier
chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Old October 13th 03, 07:39 AM
unibiker

Congratulations Lewis!
When is the challenge at LongLeaf? And where is LongLeaf? I might be
able to come up and join you. And maybe we can talk Tommy into driving
south. I've been looking for an excuse to buy a Coker, but I've been
putting it off because I know it wouldn't be long before I'd be begging
Harper for a Uni.5 hub.
Hope to hook up with you soon.

--
unibiker - What is that thing anyway?

Jeff Baker

Favorite comment (from a child) 'You can't do that. That's impossible.'
'Unibike Pics Here' (
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albun01)
unibiker's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/473