What sports have you ditched for unicycing?

Old August 17th 07, 11:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mill_mobile

Default What sports have you ditched for unicycing?

As the title states...
What sports have you ditched to ride your uni?
I hadnt really thought about it till yesterday, but it seems i have
ditched my road bike for my uni!
I would rather go for a ride on my uni than bust out 45-50kms on my
bike.
Just curious as to what other sports people have let slip.
I still plan to get the bike out as often as i can but the uni is more
appealing at the moment as i am making good progress.
Peace.

--
mill_mobile
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 18th 07, 12:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

I learned to unicycle back when I was in the 7th grade. I never learned
to do anything more than ride and idle. Shortly after that I got
interested in bicycling. Got a touring bike and did some loaded
touring. Then got a racing style road bike and got interested in the
go fast aspect. That continued until 10 years ago when I bought a
Pashley MUni and got bitten by the unicycling bug again. In those 10
years the road bike got ZERO use. I finally sold the road bike this
year. I replaced it with a fixed gear bike.

I've been using the fixed gear bike for trips to Seattle or Bellevue
that are too long to consider on the Coker. I'm trying to drive the
car less. A ride to Seattle is a 40 to 50 mile round trip. Too far
for a reasonable Coker ride but quite reasonable on the fixie bike.

I've been riding the fixie more than the Coker in the past month. So
now the question is am I going to ditch unicycling for the fixie?

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/2blym3)
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 18th 07, 12:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phlegm

Isn't giving up bicycling for unicycling just part of a natural
progression?

I've played a lot of different sports throughout my life, but other
than bicycling, the only other sport that I would say I was ever really
into was basketball. And, well, I play unicycle basketball from time
to time now. Long before I learned to unicycle, I gave up basketball
because I got tired of wrecking my ankles.

So, have I really ditched anything? I'm still a cyclist, and now I
play basketball again, just not "foot-basketball."

--
phlegm
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 18th 07, 01:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
forrestunifreak

I used to MTN bike a lot more. Nothing special, just messing around a
lot, and I'd ride with my dad while he ran (he's a marathon runner).

I haven't exactly ditched it though. I'd still love to do it more, but
I need to buy a new bike and unicycles always seem to come first....

--
forrestunifreak

I will, because I can.
'*-My Gallery-*' (http://tinyurl.com/wcrsl)
*www.qu-ax.com* *unicycle for
christ*

"Oh... they don't kick bricks, do they?" ~ Joe Hodgekins
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 18th 07, 01:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
austingillespie

I used to be into freeride dirtjumping on bikes

--
austingillespie

Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 18th 07, 01:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
NKahler

Tennis

--
NKahler

______________________________
Check out some of my stuff!

http://nkahler.deviantart.com/
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 18th 07, 01:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Goats_On_Unicycles

Not really sports but I've pretty much stopped knitting and drawing.

--
Goats_On_Unicycles

I can't even -think- straight!

'MY -GROOVY- GALLERY'
(http://tinyurl.com/yeceup) '*
Unicycle For Goats!!!!!*' (http://tinyurl.com/2vghk6)
'PM me if you want in!!'
(http://tinyurl.com/2hbmhn)
-Homophobia is a social disease.-
Stop bigotry now!
*R.I.P Max Roach*
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 18th 07, 02:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mafiamike

I skateboarded for like 8 years before I picked up a unicycle. I can
still outskate most of the kids at the skateparks.

--
mafiamike
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 18th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

I havent gave up anything.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 18th 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CKCrowe

nothing, still do wrestling all the time , a little football, (2 hours
a day ) and soccer

--
CKCrowe

1-5 Hours a day¿¿¿¿¿DX user¿¿¿¿reviewing skills¿¿¿
ï£ïð¢Ø²¶ºÞæßÜÆ
Give a man fire and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he is
warm for the rest of his life-so be set on fire for JESUS CHRIST!!!

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=unicrankflipMy Youtube Account
http://www.usenet.com

ATV SPORTS QUAD [email protected] Mountain Biking 0 April 28th 07 01:44 PM
Other sports Simon Proven UK 79 January 26th 06 12:44 PM
Do you like sports? [email protected] General 0 December 14th 05 04:27 PM
ti sports frames Mick Australia 7 December 21st 04 05:35 AM
Fox Sports Net Coverage Eric S. Sande General 4 July 10th 03 11:19 AM