Touring recommendations Vemont, New York, etc.

Old March 5th 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Default Touring recommendations Vemont, New York, etc.

A group of friends has decided to try a road bike trip in the US somewhere
in the Lake Ontario region, but perhaps Vermont would do as well. The key is
that the drive from the Toronto area should be as short as possible.

The group can easily handle long rides. The roads should be good, and
accommodation is necessary since we will not be camping. Hills are not a
problem. Good restaurants are a bonus. We intend to spend about a week, so a
good variety of routes is important.

I know about the Champlain Lake region. What about the Adirondacks? Are
there enough roads? Finger Lakes?

Thanks in advance for sharing your advice or experience.

Blake

touring bike LJ General 60 November 24th 04 03:19 PM
Road, touring or cross bike? Yellowstone Yeti General 20 August 27th 04 03:43 AM
Touring tyre suggestions Andrew Chadwick UK 12 February 9th 04 09:47 PM
Bar end shifters for touring bike ? jacques General 61 December 7th 03 01:01 AM