Carbon Fiber Base Thread...

Old March 14th 08, 07:57 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UniDudeDX

Default Carbon Fiber Base Thread...

It really is. You told me before i got it that it would be, but i just
want sure how much. It really changes the whole fel of the uni. I can
hop 58 cm now.

--
UniDudeDX

'My Youtube Profile!' (http://youtube.com/profile?user=unidudedx)

Naomi wrote:
trying to attach a picture of the tree, before it was circumsized.

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 14th 08, 08:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Munivision

Since nobody has said it, the Scott Wallis base set up is amazing. A
work of art! Light, strong, responsive. I just got my second one
today that I am putting on my Coker. Photos of the seat build to come.

--
Munivision

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 14th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spencer Hochberg

Munivision wrote:
Since nobody has said it, the Scott Wallis base set up is amazing. A
work of art! Light, strong, responsive. I just got my second one
today that I am putting on my Coker. Photos of the seat build to come.

I just got my second base from Scott yesterday. I agree they are
amazing and worth the price.

--
Spencer Hochberg

UniFlatland.com
BedfordUnicycles.ca
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 14th 08, 08:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
surfer1024

I thought he wasn't selling anymore for a while

--
surfer1024

*)--SmallSpin-'O,* 1st Place)---hickflip-'O,
My Youtube Videos, Watch Them!
Latest Vid: Chicago Uni 3
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66131

Mikefule wrote:

Cross country is when you risk getting lost. Muni is when you risk
death.

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 14th 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zfreak220

is he making new ones again? and are they the same miyata-style like
before or are the KH/Velo style now?

--
zfreak220

agentQ wrote:
Don't quote me on that.

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 14th 08, 08:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spencer Hochberg

zfreak220 wrote:
is he making new ones again? and are they the same miyata-style like
before or are the KH/Velo style now?

This is what Scott told me about the shape:

I don't know how that rumor got started. My bases will never be as
curved as the current KH base. I am making changes to make my bases
and other parts more easily interchangeable with KH parts, and I guess
somebody thought that meant changing the shape.

His new ones aren't ready yet so the one I got was just like the old
ones. I don't think he is officially selling them again but my first
one keeps cracking in the back because it was originally Evan's and he
didn't ride it with a bumper. Scott has been really nice and helpful
about it and actually fixed it for me for free once. I didn't mind
buying a new one because now it won't crack in the back and my new one
is the correct hole pattern. My paypal account is now empty though

--
Spencer Hochberg

UniFlatland.com
BedfordUnicycles.ca
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 14th 08, 09:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
foforackard

i love my cf base from Scott. the only downside to it is it made my seat
a lot wider, making it harder to do unispins.

--
foforackard

UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST

The.Mars.Volta wrote:
In my dream somehow I was in America and I was trying to kill Forrest
(I have no idea why) and then I didn't and we were really good friends.

http://www.youtube.com/user/forack23
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 14th 08, 09:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spencer Hochberg

foforackard wrote:
i love my cf base from Scott. the only downside to it is it made my seat
a lot wider, making it harder to do unispins.

Oh yeah, I don't like how wide it gets when you put KH foam on so I
just use the top of the foam without the sides and I put vinyl tubing
and duct tape around the lip. It makes it really comfortable for
anything sif.

--
Spencer Hochberg

UniFlatland.com
BedfordUnicycles.ca
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 14th 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
fexnix

I have two questions about CF bases.

1. What kind of weight savings can you expect going from plastic/metal
stiffener to CF?

2. Is there some way to attach the saddle cover without having to do
the whole "fusion cover-shoe-string" thing? I don't like the feel of a
fusion cover because the cover is slipping around on the saddle and
that doesn't feel very good when doing SIF trials.

--
fexnix

'My 29er page' (www.teamld.2ya.com)
'My fresh album' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Fexnix-album)
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 14th 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UniDudeDX

fexnix wrote:
I have two questions about CF bases.

1. What kind of weight savings can you expect going from plastic/metal
stiffener to CF?

2. Is there some way to attach the saddle cover without having to do
the whole "fusion cover-shoe-string" thing? I don't like the feel of a
fusion cover because the cover is slipping around on the saddle and
that doesn't feel very good when doing SIF trials.

1.Not very much in my oppinion

2.yea....
you just put the cover back on....