Emma Addresses Strickland

Old April 30th 11, 03:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

Default Emma Addresses Strickland

On 4/29/2011 6:46 PM, Substance McGravitas wrote:
On 4/29/2011 2:31 PM, BL wrote:
Interesting how Armstrong went after her with his legal team but
couldn't crack her.
http://bicycling.com/blogs/theselect...game%E2%80%9D/

She comes across as pretty well balanced. You could learn a lot from rereading the article and trying to notice the parts you naturally block out. It'd be a big effort, but it'd pay dividends.

She's believable and has a decent perspective.

I think when Strickland says that if it's her word against
LANCE's then LANCE wins he was speaking in a legal sense. At
least that's how I took it.

Emma seems to have a different read on it, that Strickland is
saying that LANCE is more believable.

Fred Flintstein
Old April 30th 11, 04:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Apr 29, 10:15*pm, Substance McGravitas wrote:
On 4/29/2011 6:33 PM, RicodJour wrote:
On Apr 29, 5:57 pm, "Mike wrote:

Great read, thanks for the link!

Funny that the part you take away from this article is about Lance and his
legal team. The article had little to say about that; rather, it was, as
your subject line states, Emma addressing Strickland, and the weight the
media places on her testimony vs others.

The part I found most interesting was this-

"Years ago I gave an interview to David Walsh, in which I told him the truth
of what I had seen and experienced in my years in cycling. Incidentally, I
got paid a small sum of money for all the time I put into helping David."

I found this interesting:
"But now I am sick to death of journalists and people in the media
using my facts to help whatever point they want to get across. They
chase me like dogs in heat when they are trying to get their story,
then drop me if they’ve got their facts or I won’t elaborate or
embellish their story.
{snip}
For the record, I might not have achieved anything like Lance has—who
has? But I live a nice, quiet life running a small business, with my
two dogs and my boyfriend."

Chase me like a dog in heat? *What woman would say that? *It's
implying she's a female dog - a bitch. *Very odd. *Then I read the
last part - and that explained it all. *She's in business with the two
dogs (notice the first billing) and her boyfriend. *I wonder who's top
dog? *=:O

Shes's sick of people who wont listen and take her staements out of
context - like you and Brian. It ****es her off. That's all she said in
the bits you twisted.

I have no...errr...dog in the fight. I was commenting on the words
she used. They are funny/strange. All the rest is just doping and it
bores me.

Old April 30th 11, 02:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
BL

wrote:

[...]

Show me where I've taken any of her statements out of context.
Old April 30th 11, 05:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Phil H

wrote:

[...]

Out of context isn't a precise account of what she said. Folks with
their own agenda, selling newspapers, books, gossip mongers, the
"bring down Lance" brigade etc. Her desire was to rid cycling of drugs
and the impression that Lance the bully went after her.......well, you
can make accusations, but you'd better be able to back them up with
facts otherwise you're wide open to attack.....simple as that. She's
right...she was very naive.
Phil H
Old April 30th 11, 06:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

wrote:

[...]

You didn't take anything "out" of context so much as create an extremely
misleading idea of what the article was actually about. You wouldn't score
very high on the verbal SAT if you had read that article and said it was
about Lance's legal team being unable to rattle Emma.

I don't think you read the article very carefully or you wouldn't have used
it to try and support your core belief that the world is rallying against
Lance and it's only a matter of time before he falls.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old April 30th 11, 07:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Substance McGravitas

On 4/29/2011 2:31 PM, BL wrote:
Interesting how Armstrong went after her with his legal team but
couldn't crack her.
http://bicycling.com/blogs/theselect...game%E2%80%9D/

She comes across as pretty well balanced. You could learn a lot from
rereading the article and trying to notice the parts you naturally
block out. It'd be a big effort, but it'd pay dividends.

She's believable and has a decent perspective.

I think when Strickland says that if it's her word against
LANCE's then LANCE wins he was speaking in a legal sense. At
least that's how I took it.

Emma seems to have a different read on it, that Strickland is
saying that LANCE is more believable.

Fred Flintstein

Agreed. She took it personally and I'm sure it wasn't intended that way.
Old April 30th 11, 07:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
BL

wrote:

[...]

Re-read what RICO wrote. He said I took what she said out of context.
Show me where I have ever taken what she has said out of context.
Old April 30th 11, 07:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
BL

wrote:

[...]

Each reader will take from her statement what they will. I found the
legal hassles given her by Armstrong interesting because of a
conversation I had a few years ago with Prentice Steffen in which he
gave me the details of Armstrong's legal threats against him. SSDD.
Old April 30th 11, 07:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Substance McGravitas

wrote:

[...]

You're not capable of seeing your own misrepresentations. You are not
constrained by reality. "Each reader will take from her statement what
they will" justifies claiming that she was talking about anything.

You claim the article was about Lance's legal team, no reasonable person
would read it that way.
Old April 30th 11, 09:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Phil H

wrote:

[...]

Anything BL reads about Lance is subject to his "occupational
psychosis." That's just a fancy name for frame of mind but its true
that he sees things a particular way because he is convinced of
Lance's guilt. Someone with no prejudice would have a hard time
deciding if Lance's actions were really bullying Emma or anyone else
to keep his secret or protecting his name against false accusations.
Phil H