Top Gear Driving Song

Old May 29th 05, 08:18 PM
David Martin

Default Top Gear Driving Song

Top Gear are having a survey for the best ever driving song..

Can I respectfully suggest voting for Queen and 'Bicycle Race'? (I want
to ride my bicycle, I want to ride it where I like..)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/

...d

Old May 29th 05, 08:31 PM
wafflycat

"David Martin" wrote in message
ups.com...
Top Gear are having a survey for the best ever driving song..

Can I respectfully suggest voting for Queen and 'Bicycle Race'? (I want
to ride my bicycle, I want to ride it where I like..)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/

..d

As in...

QUEEN LYRICS

Bicycle Race
Written by Freddie Mercury

Bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride it where I like

You say black I say white
You say bark I say bite
You say shark I say hey man
Jaws was never my scene
And I don't like Star Wars
You say Rolls I say Royce
You say God give me a choice
You say Lord I say Christ
I don't believe in Peter Pan
Frankenstein or Superman
All I wanna do is

Bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my -
Bicycle races are coming your way
So forget all your duties oh yeah
Fat bottomed girls
They'll be riding today
So look out for those beauties oh yeah
On your marks, get set, go!
Bicycle race bicycle race bicycle race
Bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle
Bicycle bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want a bicycle race

Hey
You say coke I say caine
You say John I say Wayne
Hot dog I say cool it man
I don't wanna be the President of America
You say smile I say cheese
Cartier I say please
Income tax I say Jesus
I don't want to be a candidate for
Vietnam or Watergate
'cos all I wanna do is

Bicycle (yeah) bicycle (eh) bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle bicycle (c'mon) bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride it where I like

Old May 29th 05, 08:51 PM
vernon levy

"David Martin" wrote in message
ups.com...
Top Gear are having a survey for the best ever driving song..

Can I respectfully suggest voting for Queen and 'Bicycle Race'? (I want
to ride my bicycle, I want to ride it where I like..)

You can suggest it but it's eclipsed by Queen's 'I'm In love With my Car'

I'm in love with my car
Gotta feel for my automobile
Get a grip on my boy racer rollbar
Such a thrill when your radials squeal

Old May 29th 05, 09:01 PM
wafflycat

"vernon levy" wrote in message

"David Martin" wrote in message
ups.com...
Top Gear are having a survey for the best ever driving song..

Can I respectfully suggest voting for Queen and 'Bicycle Race'? (I want
to ride my bicycle, I want to ride it where I like..)

You can suggest it but it's eclipsed by Queen's 'I'm In love With my Car'

I'm in love with my car
Gotta feel for my automobile
Get a grip on my boy racer rollbar
Such a thrill when your radials squeal

I think the idea is to annoy the woolly-haired w*nker rather than actually
choose a song that has a 'car' theme.

Anything which annoys the woolly-haired w*nker is fine by me :-)

Cheers, helen s

Old May 29th 05, 09:10 PM
David Martin

wafflycat wrote:
"vernon levy" wrote in message

"David Martin" wrote in message
ups.com...
Top Gear are having a survey for the best ever driving song..

Can I respectfully suggest voting for Queen and 'Bicycle Race'? (I want
to ride my bicycle, I want to ride it where I like..)

You can suggest it but it's eclipsed by Queen's 'I'm In love With my Car'

I'm in love with my car
Gotta feel for my automobile
Get a grip on my boy racer rollbar
Such a thrill when your radials squeal

I think the idea is to annoy the woolly-haired w*nker rather than actually
choose a song that has a 'car' theme.

Anything which annoys the woolly-haired w*nker is fine by me :-)

Spot on.. Especially after he wanders across the road in Oxford without
looking and complains about nearly being mown down by a bike.. Nice
shot of a kid on a trialerbike in Oxford though.

...d

Old May 29th 05, 10:45 PM
John Hearns

On Sun, 29 May 2005 13:10:21 -0700, David Martin wrote:
)

Spot on.. Especially after he wanders across the road in Oxford without
looking and complains about nearly being mown down by a bike.. Nice shot
of a kid on a trialerbike in Oxford though.

I knew this would come up.
It was tongue in cheek.
I have this suspicion that he did it deliberately to provoke
a reponse in groups like this.
Let's have a sense of humour here.
Old May 29th 05, 10:59 PM
Peter B

"John Hearns" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 29 May 2005 13:10:21 -0700, David Martin wrote:
)

Spot on.. Especially after he wanders across the road in Oxford without
looking and complains about nearly being mown down by a bike.. Nice shot
of a kid on a trialerbike in Oxford though.

I knew this would come up.
It was tongue in cheek.
I have this suspicion that he did it deliberately to provoke
a reponse in groups like this.
Let's have a sense of humour here.

I think a lot of what Clarkson says and writes is done purely to provoke a
reaction and I imagine he gets a lot of amusement from the responses.
I think some of the folk on this NG could do with lightening up a bit, a few
weeks on a traditional factory floor with various characters humour ranging
from the ultra dry to the slap-stick might be good.
Does riding a lot on their own make them insular or do they ride on their
own a lot because they're insular? ;-)
dons asbestos coat

Pete

Old May 29th 05, 11:05 PM
wafflycat

"Peter B" wrote in message

I think a lot of what Clarkson says and writes is done purely to provoke a
reaction and I imagine he gets a lot of amusement from the responses.

I'm sure he does, but it still doesn't change the fact he's a petrol-headed,
woolly-haired ******, who appeals to the worst of brain-dead boy-racers who
like to view the road as their personal race-tracks and are the kind who end
up abusing other road users.

I think some of the folk on this NG could do with lightening up a bit, a
few
weeks on a traditional factory floor with various characters humour
ranging
from the ultra dry to the slap-stick might be good.

Slap-stick is fun. Clarkson is a prick.

Cheers, helen s

Old May 29th 05, 11:13 PM
vernon levy

Can I respectfully suggest voting for Queen and 'Bicycle Race'? (I want
to ride my bicycle, I want to ride it where I like..)

You can suggest it but it's eclipsed by Queen's 'I'm In love With my

Car'

I'm in love with my car
Gotta feel for my automobile
Get a grip on my boy racer rollbar
Such a thrill when your radials squeal

I think the idea is to annoy the woolly-haired w*nker rather than actually
choose a song that has a 'car' theme.

And if you think the pachydermic Clarkson will be rattled then the
collective wit displayed here is bettered by Clarkson. I'm quite fond of his
wind ups. Am I alone in not being wound up by his capers?

Old May 29th 05, 11:15 PM
Peter B

"wafflycat" waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk wrote in message

who appeals to the worst of brain-dead boy-racers who
like to view the road as their personal race-tracks and are the kind who

end
up abusing other road users.

I agree there is a problem there.

Pete

How important is gear ratio to climbing? Preston Crawford General 10 July 28th 04 05:25 AM
Fixie gear ratio poll Michael Press Techniques 27 May 14th 04 12:10 AM
Fixed gear conversion questions Bruni Techniques 21 May 10th 04 07:27 AM
Vimw unilaur Unicycling 1 August 16th 03 12:07 PM
Protective gear and the image iof unicycling sendhair Unicycling 4 July 15th 03 09:14 PM