Help with the seet wrap and idleing.

Old November 13th 08, 10:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Eccycycler

Default Help with the seet wrap and idleing.

Here is a video of me doing a seet wrap
YouTube - Attempt at
leg wrap

and here is one of me idleing.
YouTube - Attept at
idling

I would realy apreaceat any constructive criticism.
Josh

--
Eccycycler
Old November 13th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
petad

For the seat wrap, hold the seat by the handle in front and make sure
your feet are planted good on the craanks. Also you should probably get
more consistent with leg wraps and maybe learn them with the other way.
For learning seatwraps, some people recommend doing half of one, so you
are hopping seat in back, and then doing the other half. I never did
this. It might help also if you just hold onto something and get used to
the motions of the seat wrap.

For the idling, it looks like you can idle pretty well, I'm not sure
what your problem is

--
petad

')--360unispin-O
2nd'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFSqkj_5d6Y)
'definitely'
(http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/)
Old November 13th 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
guilhermeteles

Do you want to do leg wraps or seat wraps?

--
guilhermeteles

*Brazilian Uni Team*
Old November 13th 08, 11:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dudewithasock

It looks like you're trying to do a leg wrap, not sure why you're
calling it a seat wrap...
But in any case, for leg wraps, I'd recommend getting side-mounts down
first, basically a leg wrap where you start dismounted and as you mount,
wrap your leg from the back of the uni around to the front and onto the
pedal.
When you're learning leg wraps, make sure you're leaning more over the
unicycle, I would always fall off from behind. Kind of push the unicycle
away from the leg that stays on the crank as you're doing the wrap, it
helps you keep your balance better.

Other than that, just practice.

And your idles look fine to me.

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.

spazdude222 wrote:
Doing good doesn't make you good any more than doing a girl makes you a
girl.

Old November 14th 08, 12:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
petad

I think he wants to do a seat wrap, he did a leg wrap at 0:57.

Old November 14th 08, 07:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CoreTechs

petad;1130660 wrote:
I think he wants to do a seat wrap, he did a leg wrap at 0:57.

I never really understood the difference between a seat wrap an a leg
wrap (if any). Could someone clear that up for me?

--
CoreTechs

UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST

In nomine patris et filii et spiritus sancti

)--21stOverall-RTL2008-O
)--18thCriterium-RTL2008-O
Old November 14th 08, 01:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
petad

A leg wrap just goes around one leg, a seat wrap goes around both. After
you get it around the first leg, you switch the seat into the other hand
when the seat is in back, and then do another backwards leg wrap sorta
thing to get the seat back in front.

Old November 14th 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Eccycycler

Thanx fore the coments i want to do a seet wrap.
i was curios as to, when i so the wrap with my right leg i pout my left
toe on the cranc and my heel on the pedal. This meens when it roles away
my foot stopps it but how do i do it if the foot i am standing on is
further away. the uni always starts to role away.

--
Eccycycler

P-N wrap-up Bill C Racing 18 March 21st 08 12:53 AM
leg wrap(or is it seat wrap?) help Det-riot Unicycling 4 March 21st 07 09:12 AM
Wrap around mount monkeyman Unicycling 19 March 16th 06 02:48 PM
The history of wrap? pete66 Unicycling 16 December 8th 05 11:52 PM
Idleing marshallstangle Unicycling 10 November 17th 03 11:13 AM