What do you wear when it starts getting cold?

Old December 15th 08, 03:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Shug

Default What do you wear when it starts getting cold?

MondayHopscotch;1149696 wrote:
The one part of me that gets (and stays) cold when riding in lower
temperatures is my feet. What do you all wear as far as shoes go when
riding in cold weather?

I wear skate shoes, which are terrible being as they are heavily
vented. They just let the wind pass right through them and within 15
minutes of riding, i'm slightly uncomfortable.

I have some boots, but who enjoys riding in boots? They are too big and
clunky for me to ride comfortably and I have absolutely no feel for
where the pedals are since the soles are much thicker.

Try some neoprene socks....http://tinyurl.com/6qjc7p

--
Shug

Industrial Strength Chafing
Old December 15th 08, 04:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tyler_N

sometimes it gets cold in the early mornings (60°) and i have to wear my
sweatshirt.

--
Tyler_N

UNIPROSHOP.COM
2nd*)---, '30ft Coaster~
')-mostpointlessthread-/--O'
'My latest video!' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6PPpcKrm1A)

UniKid2 wrote:

dakoroman wrote:
analize

lol

'*MYSPACE*' (myspace.com/munirider)
Old December 15th 08, 05:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MondayHopscotch

Hahaha, today it was -5° F.

Needless to say -- I didn't ride.

--
MondayHopscotch
Old December 15th 08, 06:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dudewithasock

Living in the south, 'cold' for me is 30s and low 40s, in which case
I'll probably wear a long sleeve shirt, hoodie, and jeans, along with my
normal riding gloves. If I'm riding really hard I'll usually lose the
hoodie and roll up my sleeves.

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.

spazdude222 wrote:
Doing good doesn't make you good any more than doing a girl makes you a
girl.

Old December 23rd 08, 03:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

I was using some interchangeable bicycle sunglasses and using the clear
lenses to keep the cold air out of my eyes, but they only help a little
bit. I think I am going to invest in some ski goggles for commuting
when the wind chill makes it go down to 6F like on Monday! Any
recommendations on goggles?

Also, my fingers and toes are always problem areas for me. I can wear
heavily insulated gloves and after about an hour of riding my hands are
quite warm, but my toes never stay warm and go numb fast. Once it gets
down to be below about...40F and the sun isnt out, I usually get very
chilly toes and they go almost numb after an hour. I solve this by
using those chemical hand warmers and stuffing one down towards the toe
end of my gortex trail shoes. I use wool socks, but they don't really
help all that much. I wonder if I should get battery powered socks, or
if there is a better solution?

Chemical hand warmers are about 1.50 for 2, and it isn't that expensive
to use when riding, but I'd rather have a better way of allowing me to
ride for a long time on the weekend.

--
siafirede

'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in
Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland
*James* = my name
Old December 23rd 08, 03:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Pigs on Unicycles

I have a problem with the cold making my legs more sensitive and my
jeans feel like they are shredding my legs. Do y'all have any
suggestions?

Pigs

--
Pigs on Unicycles

B r i n g b a c k t h e N i m b u s R o u n d - C r o w
n ! !

"Sprite off, you spriting spriter!" - Into the Blue
Old December 23rd 08, 06:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nimblelight

MondayHopscotch;1150038 wrote:
Hahaha, today it was -5° F.

Needless to say -- I didn't ride.

Hahahaha, that's, like, our January average high temperature.

Needless to say, it doesn't really bother us.

I'll excuse you because you live in Denver, though. It's really cold
compared to what you're used to.

Pigs on Unicycles;1156306 wrote:
I have a problem with the cold making my legs more sensitive and my
jeans feel like they are shredding my legs. Do y'all have any
suggestions?

Pigs

Insulated pants. Mine are jeans lined with flannel.

--
nimblelight

'Front page unicycle article'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=72686).
Organizing an event/club in Colorado or want to check for events?
'Colorado Unicycles forum'
(http://z13.invisionfree.com/Colorado_Unicycles/)-still in development.
Old December 24th 08, 06:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Michaelgoround

I usually wear one of my trust sweaters, but if it gets really cold I
put a jacket over my sweater.

--
Michaelgoround
Old December 24th 08, 09:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1-wheeled-grape

I'll ride in any degree of cold here. Just wear a coat, and an extra
pair of socks

It was -2oC the other day, and i had a t-shirt, jumper and a thin
jacket, jeans and shinpads. Oh and gloves and a hat. My gloves got stuck
to a lamp post too
Lovely weather.

--
1-wheeled-grape

*this signature is pointless... do not **even bother reading it, it
would be a waste of time

you wasted your time didn't you?
*
*"You must have shot an awefull lot of tigers sir"
"Yes... I used a machine gun!"
* *
**
*
Old December 24th 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hobo_chuck

1-wheeled-grape;1157213 wrote:
-2oC the other day...... My gloves got stuck to a lamp post too

At two degrees below freezing? I don't believe you. Or do you mean
-20?

My fingers got frozen to the doorknob this morning, though. Peeled a
bit of skin off. Hint-don't get your hands wet.

--
hobo_chuck

__i_wear_a_skateboard_helmet_over_a_bike_helmet_
-~catinabag1-