Not Getting Any Better...

Old October 3rd 08, 12:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kokomo

Default Not Getting Any Better...

I have been Unicycling since around December of 2007 and i still can't
do anything cool. Is this normal? I've tryed to crankflip but can't,
so i tryed to crank stall and almost got it. If anyone knows any easy
but cool and fun tricks to learn tell me. Oh, by the way i can't do big
jump because i break my tube every time i do...

Thanks -KOKOMO

--
kokomo

I do Parkour try it. Heres my favorite video of Parkour
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEeqHj3Nj2c

Have a Great Day!
Old October 3rd 08, 12:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hobo_chuck

kokomo;1106485 wrote:
I've tryed to crankflip but can't, so i tryed to crank stall and almost
got it.

Basically, you have to do more than just try it.

--
hobo_chuck
Old October 3rd 08, 01:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harper

kokomo;1106485 wrote:
I have been Unicycling since around December of 2007 and i still can't
do anything cool.

You can unicycle. You're already cool.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

"Natural logs are what you ride on a Mun'e'." - kevinalexandersmith
Old October 3rd 08, 01:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unisykolist

What unicycle do you have?
How often do you practice?

Can you even do some basic tricks like 1-foot, backwards, wheel walk,
180 unispin, free mount or others like that?

--
Unisykolist

*Watch me attempt a 2 meter (6-7 foot) drop on a unicycle and stack it,
watch it on - *www.unisykolist.piczo.com
www.unisykolist.piczo.com
www.unisykolist.piczo.com
Old October 3rd 08, 01:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
_Ground_Zero_

Were you just like "They can crankflip and SO CAN I!!!" or did you work
on recommended steps that are used to get towards a crankflip (zero
plants, foot plants, no footers, revs)?

Can you do any beginner tricks like leg wraps? Try some beginner
tricks, learn the steps to crankflips and practice, practice, practice.

--
_Ground_Zero_

-Zero
)-2xLegwrap-O 3rd
Old October 3rd 08, 02:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tak

Unisykolist;1106526 wrote:
Can you even do some basic tricks like 1-foot, backwards, wheel walk,
180 unispin, free mount or others like that?

Free mount is a trick? I can do a trick?

--
Tak

"Unicycling goes against common sense." --maestro8
Old October 7th 08, 01:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kokomo

I have a Sun Classic and i ride about 2-3 hours a day...

I cannot ride backwards or glide or ride with one foot. :P

--
kokomo

AM
IRISH

Have a Great Day!
Old October 7th 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
corbin

kokomo;1106485 wrote:
I have been Unicycling since around December of 2007 and i still can't
do anything cool. Is this normal? I've tryed to crankflip but can't,
so i tryed to crank stall and almost got it. If anyone knows any easy
but cool and fun tricks to learn tell me. Oh, by the way i can't do big
jumps because i break my tube every time i do...

Thanks -KOKOMO

Oh man, I've been unicycling for 4 years and I still can't crankflip!

corbin

--
corbin

http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
Old October 7th 08, 08:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Mikefule

I started riding in 1987. I got my freemounts up to 100% about 17 years
later. I still can't hop onto things, do drops, wheel walk, etc. But I
can ride 10 miles without a dismount, and ride cross country, and have a
lot of fun.

Confucius (really) said, "For everyone ahead of you, there is someone
behind you." (And, for those of you who think you're really good, "For
everyone who is behind you, there is someone ahead."

If life were a competion, there would be 6,0000,0000,000 losers and 1
winner.

Good job life isn't a competion.

Enjoy your riding.

--
Mikefule

In democracies, most people vote for the candidate most like themselves.
Unfortunately, most people are stupid.
Old October 8th 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

1 foot - start taking your foot off the pedal for brief moments as it
reaches the top. Keep doing it longer and longer until you can do it
for a revolution, then 5, 10, then back on the pedal. When you can do
this try putting your foot in different places, like on the frame, in
front of you, or behind you. Learn each foot equally well.

Backwards - go back to your practice rail and do all the same things
you did to ride forwards. Weight on seat, lean in the direction you
want to go (backwards), pedal in smooth circles, focus on something as
you back away from it.

Gliding - learn to WW and then one foot WW first. Go to your practice
rail. If you are falling off the front, you aren't leaning back enough.

Check the skills lists in my sig.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'