Free Cue Sheet Software

Old September 7th 03, 10:52 PM
Mario Nappa

Default Free Cue Sheet Software

I've decided to make software available for free that automatically makes
bicycle cue sheets.

SAD2CUE is an Excel spreadsheet containing VBA macros that will read
in a route saved in Delorme's Street Atlas Deluxe, Topo 4.0, SA2003, or
SA2004 and will format the output for bicycle cue sheets. Currently seven
output formats are available. Generate cue sheets for 50 mile rides in
minutes!!!!!!! Very little typing required.

All you need is one of the Delorme packages above and Excel 97.

Have fun.

You can find it at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ibikealot.

Let me know if you like it.

Old September 11th 03, 01:42 AM
Mario Nappa

The full version is really free. The web site was originally set up to sell
this, but now it is for free. I made the changes to reflect that.

Old September 11th 03, 12:05 PM
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

On 11 Sep 2003 02:32:30 GMT, (Christopher R. Law)
wrote:

I've been using it for a year.

Same here, great little tool!

Barry
Old September 11th 03, 09:49 PM
Rick Onanian

On 11 Sep 2003 13:08:45 -0700, Michael wrote:
I've always assumed that the mapping software wasn't useful for
finding bike-able routes, that it would just find the biggest highways
when determining a route. Can you specify certain roads to take, or
tell it to ignore some roads it's chosen?

I use MS Streets & Trips, and can nudge it's
favor away from highways; it has an options
box where you specify the speed for different
types of roads. So, you set interstates to
1mph, and backroads to 99mph.

Then, when I don't like the route it chose, I
add a stop on a road that I'd like it to use
instead, and have it recalc the route with
that stop; then it's forced to go on that
road.

--
Rick Onanian
Old September 11th 03, 10:00 PM
Christopher R. Law

(Christopher R. Law) wrote ...
It's an excellent app for converting DeLorme text route files to a more

bike
friendly Excel spreadsheet.

I've always assumed that the mapping software wasn't useful for
finding bike-able routes, that it would just find the biggest highways
when determining a route. Can you specify certain roads to take, or
tell it to ignore some roads it's chosen?

Some of them will let you specify things like "Fastest", "Scenic",
"Avoid interstates", etc.

--
Dave Kerber
Fight spam: remove the ns_ from the return address before replying!

Actually there are easier ways to do it. If you don't want interstates, you can
specify under route preferences to avoid them. You can set any class of road
this way. If you find that a particular section of road is best to avoid, you
can mark that section under Edit Roads (Route option) as a "no way."

To take the decision making out of the program's hands, I mark each road I wish
to take. When calculating the route, the program just connects the dots and
gives me my queue sheet data. If I've missed a turn and the program goes off on
a tangent, it's usually easy enough to insert a via point or two to bring it
back on track.

Sad2Que gives you a chance to delete extra lines such as Apple's Rd going
straight into Apples Rd (DeLorme treats those as separate roads even when they
really are the same). Occasionally, DeLorme will throw in some wacky loop that
I didn't see and I'll have to manually edit it out in the Excel spreadsheet.
Always check the final product against the DeLorme map at high magnification as
DeLorme will sometimes throw a left when it really means straight or right.

Nothing, of course, beats riding (or driving if you must) the route before
taking a group out.

Chris Law