Ed Dolan's Fifth and Final Farewell to Freaking ARBR!

Old November 20th 05, 11:35 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Ed Dolan's Fifth and Final Farewell to Freaking ARBR!

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 06:37:57 +1100, nget
said in
:

Well said Mike,I think you hit upon the problem with his group.But let
me ask you, why should people be civil when it is so much easier to be
mental midgets?

I've seen Dolan come and go before. His civil period usually lasts -
oh, about two posts.

Seriously, he has driven more people away from this group than even
the monkey pox.

The tiny number of constructive comments he makes is so far outweighed
by the crap that I unsubscribed for a long time until I was told he
had gone. Now it turns out he lied (as usual) I'll finish my current
active conversations and unsub again. Whether you care or not is a
matter of supreme indifference to me.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken
Old November 20th 05, 11:46 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

I'll finish my current
active conversations and unsub again.

Excellent. The pointless helmet wars will cease for awhile again.
Old November 21st 05, 12:00 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Mike Rice wrote:

Guy I'm sorry to see you leave. I know it is unlikely that he will
remain civil, I've seen that black rainbow too, but I hate to see
contributing members driven off.

Especially as all it takes to make him shut up is a killfile. Works for me.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Old November 21st 05, 03:29 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 06:37:57 +1100, nget
said in
:

Well said Mike,I think you hit upon the problem with his group.But let
me ask you, why should people be civil when it is so much easier to be
mental midgets?

I've seen Dolan come and go before. His civil period usually lasts -
oh, about two posts.

You are going to see a new and improved Dolan. Maybe we can even persuade
Larry Varney to come back. I always enjoyed arguing with that old coot from
Kentucky.

Seriously, he has driven more people away from this group than even
the monkey pox.

It was my pleasure to get rid of the Florida deadwood who formerly were
using this group like a chat room, just saying hi and goodbye to one
another. That is not what newsgroups are for. If you just want to chat
amiably with your friends, then go to email for Heaven's sake!

The tiny number of constructive comments he makes is so far outweighed
by the crap that I unsubscribed for a long time until I was told he
had gone. Now it turns out he lied (as usual) I'll finish my current
active conversations and unsub again. Whether you care or not is a
matter of supreme indifference to me.

Guy

Guy is the sort of bloke who when he sees that he is not winning takes his
marbles and goes home, pouting all the way. His type we will always have
with us. They are also what is known as poor losers.

However, I have determined to turn over a new leaf and to try to curb my
nastiness, even though many on this group constantly conspire to bring it
out. I have especially resolved to be kinder and gentler with my old
nemesis,Tom Sherman. Tom has mostly played fair with me no matter how much
we disagree with one another, and I have always appreciated that. Name
calling is just so infantile that I hate to do it even in retaliation.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old November 21st 05, 03:39 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Mark Leuck" wrote in message

"Mike Rice" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 23:26:21 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 04:41:34 -0600, Edward "Mr Ed." Dolan
posted.

Even after he'd promised not to.

Guy

And he posted politely, and somewhat on topic.

Even used 'just' his name for a sig.

You had to jump on him.

We all knew he wasn't leaving. As long as he is being civil, can't we
return the favor?

Indiana Mike, ducking

He's never civil for very long.

I see that Mark Leuck is now putting periods at the end of his still very
short (but complete) sentences, so some progress is being made here on ARBR.

Indiana Mike is a possible ally in my major undertaking for more civility
and politeness here on ARBR. I will prove to all of you that I am strictly
an upper class Brahmin and of the highest culture. I will bowl you over with
good manners and make you ashamed of your crudities and low life behavior.
Stay tuned.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old November 21st 05, 03:51 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Peter Clinch" wrote in message
Mike Rice wrote:

Guy I'm sorry to see you leave. I know it is unlikely that he will
remain civil, I've seen that black rainbow too, but I hate to see
contributing members driven off.

Especially as all it takes to make him shut up is a killfile. Works for
me.

Pete.

Note the key words in Peter's message above: shut up and kill. Does that not
tell us all we will ever want to know about this supreme jerk and dork?

Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
net http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

But no, it does not tell us all. Instead he contributes more information
about his loathsome self in his signature above. I ask you, would anyone but
an ego maniac mention that he is a medical physics IT officer (whatever that
is) and that he works in a sinkhole of a hospital that goes by the name of
Ninewells Hospital. The University of Dundee is a nice touch too, but no one
as stupid as Peter Clinch could possibly be affiliated in any way with a
major university. That much I know at least.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old November 21st 05, 07:33 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 16:46:51 -0700, Rich
said in :

Excellent. The pointless helmet wars will cease for awhile again.

Sadly the pointless Dolan will not.

Incidentally, the helmet war was already in full flood and had been
for some time before I resubbed.

Guy

Old November 21st 05, 07:36 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:51:03 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
said in :

Note the key words in Peter's message above: shut up and kill. Does that not
tell us all we will ever want to know about this supreme jerk and dork?

Yes, it tells us that he killfiled this supreme jerk and dork.

Which would do for me, if it weren't for the fact that the supreme
jerk and dork also poisons every other thread. That's why I unsubbed
in the first place, you supreme jerk and dork. I wasn't the first you
drove off and I doubt I'll be the last.

Guy

Old November 21st 05, 07:36 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:29:52 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
said in :

You are going to see a new and improved Dolan.

The evidence is against you thus far.

Guy

Old November 21st 05, 11:26 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

Ahh yes Ed the fraud is back.

I see that Mark Leuck is now putting periods at the end of his still very
short (but complete) sentences, so some progress is being made here on

ARBR.

Indiana Mike is a possible ally in my major undertaking for more civility
and politeness here on ARBR. I will prove to all of you that I am strictly
an upper class Brahmin and of the highest culture. I will bowl you over

with
good manners and make you ashamed of your crudities and low life behavior.
Stay tuned.

Ed Dolan - Useless Person from Minnesota