woods valves

Old November 21st 07, 07:26 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Obakesan

Default woods valves

Hi

do we still use these things here?

See Ya
(when bandwidth gets better ;-)

Chris Eastwood
Photographer, Programmer
Motorcyclist and dingbat

please remove undies for reply
Old November 22nd 07, 02:35 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Joel Mayes

On 2007-11-21, Obakesan wrote:
Hi

do we still use these things here?

Only when we have to!

bloody horible things

Cheers

Joel

--
Human Powered Cycles | High quality servicing and repairs
| Affordable second hand bikes
(03) 9029 6504 | Bicycle reuse centre
www.humanpowered.com.au | Mechanical and on-road training and instruction
Old November 22nd 07, 07:20 AM posted to aus.bicycle
PeteSig[_2_]

"Obakesan" wrote:
Hi

do we still use these things here?

Not much at all, haven't seen one in use for at least 15 years

See Ya
(when bandwidth gets better ;-)

Chris Eastwood
Photographer, Programmer
Motorcyclist and dingbat

Hey Chris, did you once live in Selby, Dandenong Ranges? Member of MBTC?

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

Old November 22nd 07, 08:31 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Obakesan

Hi

In article , "PeteSig"
wrote:

Hey Chris, did you once live in Selby, Dandenong Ranges? Member of MBTC?

nope ... S.E. Qld Brisbane + Gold Coast

must just look like the fella yer thinkin of

;-)

Old November 22nd 07, 08:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Obakesan

Hi

In article ,
On 2007-11-21, Obakesan wrote:
Hi

do we still use these things here?

Only when we have to!

bloody horible things

I know, I'm actually OS in Finland at the moment, and they just love them
here. EVERYONE uses them, the bike shops say "its because they're easier to
pump up"

well ... thank god for that, cos I'm always NEEDING to pump up the wretched
things. I still think they're toys for toy bikes, perhaps there is some
advantage to which I am unaware now

:-)

Old November 23rd 07, 09:41 PM posted to aus.bicycle
rooman[_239_]

Obakesan Wrote:
Hi

In article
,
On 2007-11-21, Obakesan wrote:
Hi

do we still use these things here?

Only when we have to!

bloody horible things

I know, I'm actually OS in Finland at the moment, and they just love
them
here. EVERYONE uses them, the bike shops say "its because they're
easier to
pump up"

well ... thank god for that, cos I'm always NEEDING to pump up the
wretched
things. I still think they're toys for toy bikes, perhaps there is some
advantage to which I am unaware now

:-)

See Ya
(when bandwidth gets better ;-)

Chris Eastwood
Photographer, Programmer
Motorcyclist and dingbat

please remove undies for reply

Hi out there.....long time no contrib...

the Woods Valves are used widely in India, so maybe they are the
highest used valve types in the world, even if they aren' t so popular
off the sub continent.

They come standard on most bikes like Avon's full range, you can swap
them out if you wish of course using another tube with a Schrader or
Presta valve type, and they do leak slowly needing a rubber reed check
every now and then and a drop of some moisturising agent on the reed (
pure silicon spray works - like wet suit preservative).

horses for courses

rooman

Old November 26th 07, 11:24 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Obakesan

HiYa

please remove undies for reply

Hi out there.....long time no contrib...

yeah ... its been a while

the Woods Valves are used widely in India, so maybe they are the
highest used valve types in the world, even if they aren' t so popular

gosh ... handn't thought of them, wonder if the Chinese are using them too, if
so then without doubt the highest use bicycle valve technology on the planet!

They come standard on most bikes like Avon's full range, you can swap
them out if you wish of course using another tube with a Schrader or
Presta valve type, and they do leak slowly needing a rubber reed check
every now and then and a drop of some moisturising agent on the reed (

or faster when the local kiddies comearound and remove all the valves of the
bikes in the rack.

pure silicon spray works - like wet suit preservative).

good point ... I'll squirt some in!

now .. if only I can cut down punctures from the broken beer bottles ...

:-)

Woods Ganon Unicycling 3 July 22nd 07 10:39 PM
Need Woods Valve Tube Bubba Techniques 5 September 19th 06 10:04 PM
Be careful in the woods! Matt B UK 3 January 10th 06 04:05 PM
Woods valves..... chris French UK 12 November 14th 04 12:50 PM
Museeuw finally out of the woods? Tony Racing 8 January 31st 04 06:08 AM