DON'T FEED THE TROLL! - Off Topic

Old January 17th 07, 07:44 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
32GO

Default DON'T FEED THE TROLL! - Off Topic

Hey folks -

Please use this thread - and only this thread! - for
any comments you absolutely can't resist making about
the TROLL for the next week or two. If you can't
suppress the need to quote it, please cut and paste
without any concern for conventional Usenet continuity.
For this crap, who cares, anyway?

Regards,
Wayne

Old January 17th 07, 10:47 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"32GO" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hey folks -

Please use this thread - and only this thread! - for
any comments you absolutely can't resist making about
the TROLL for the next week or two. If you can't
suppress the need to quote it, please cut and paste
without any concern for conventional Usenet continuity.
For this crap, who cares, anyway?

Regards,
Wayne

Only Ed Dolan the Great cares! But I am glad to see Wayne posting on-topic
in other threads. I will not interfere with those threads as long as they
are not about me. The reason I will not interfere is because I am not a
troll. Poor Wayne simply does not know anything at all about trolls. He
should look in the mirror if he wants to find one. In any event, good luck
with that modest agenda!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old January 18th 07, 12:01 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

32GO wrote:
Hey folks -

Please use this thread - and only this thread! - for
any comments you absolutely can't resist making about
the TROLL for the next week or two. If you can't
suppress the need to quote it, please cut and paste
without any concern for conventional Usenet continuity.
For this crap, who cares, anyway?

Regards,
Wayne

I see that Worthinton's worthless, HEAD Dolan the GRATE, has himself
already responded. OK ... I can't' resist. Since DOlan has labeled
you a troll, but has once again incorrectly asserted that he is not, it
is time to repost this. Of course the predictable reply from the
persecuted martyr will be that he is a victim of the most pathetic of
all internet creature ... a stalker, meaning me ... you know the usual
crap . I've responded to that nonsense countless times before.
Suffice it to say though that he asked for it and I accommodated him
and now he's being a cry baby, ****ing and moaning about getting what
he asked for and deserved. Oh well. Frankly, I couldn't care less
what Ed Dolan thinks of me. His opinion matters to because he matters
not, but let me get on with it.

"I think there are good trolls and there are bad trolls. It goes
without saying of course that I am a good troll" ... Ed Dolan (in his
own words).

NO ... there are just Trolls. There is nothing either explicit or
implicit in the definition of a troll that can possibly be misconstrued
as good. GOOD TROLL is an oxymoron. The American Psychiatric
Association considers the internet troll personality to be a mental
disorder. Is there anything good about that?

Trolls are often socially disenfranchised, devoid of interpersonal
interaction skills. They generally have no substantive connection to
the cyber-community they troll and view the internet as a convenient,
delocalized communication conduit for their bizarre anti-social
behavior. The internet is their cyber-playpen ... a mirror into which
they can gaze in narcissistic rapture. A troll delights in upsetting
people and creating discord. Trolls post inflammatory, rude,
offensive, repetitious messages deliberately crafted to annoy,
antagonize and infuriate or to disrupt the flow of discussion. Trolls
post attention-seeking, provocative messages hoping to bait and entice
other users into angry and/or fruitless responses. Trolls are
impervious to criticism. One cannot negotiate with a troll. One
cannot cause a troll to feel shame, compassion or remorse. Trolls do
not feel that they are bound or constrained by rules of courtesy or
social responsibility. When one tries to reason with a troll, the
troll wins. When one insults a troll, the troll wins.

Here are just but a few trademarks of the internet troll that are
exemplified by Ed Dolan...

- off topic messages (most everything)
- cross posting (a tool often employed)
- racist, sexist, classist comments (too many examples to even cite)
- messages expressing unsubstantiated opinions as though they were
facts
not requiring proof or evidence (extremely common practice)
- messages containing a self-referential appeal to status (commonplace)
- politically contentious messages (attacks on liberals come to mind)
- attacking another's point of view and generally affixing a label to
the
- personal attacks (frequently employed tactic)
- attempt to make one's personality the center of every discussion
(ARBR,
Usenet, the universe ... his "GREATNESS" knows no limits) deriving
perverse
pleasure from causing frustration, anger and pain
(only one of several assumed motives)
- self-proclaimed trolls suggest that trolling is their way of
improving
forum discussion ("housekeeping" rationalization rhetoric comes to
mind)
enjoys the knowledge that they waste others' time at comparatively
little
effort on their behalf (cut and paste boilerplate is an indication of
this)
- self-promotion (no comment should even be necessary) feigning to be a
misunderstood humorist (commonplace)
- deliberately using ambiguous language to obfuscate meaning
(commonplace)

If the above cited elements sound like a portrait of Ed Dolan, it very
well should. His own words betray his malicious intentions ... "I am
merely a gadfly buzzing about this group ever striving to create some
mayhem". With each and every post, Ed Dolan replenishes his identity
as ARBR's quintessential TROLL.

Trolls crave attention, be it positive or negative. The one thing that
a troll can't accept or tolerate is to be ignored. There is wisdom in
the often cited advice ... Please don't feed the troll. Perhaps it
would be best then to ignore the obnoxious, geriatric juvenile ... head
swollen Ed Dolan. In the greater scheme of things, he matters not. He
is insignificant and irrelevant.

For additional information about trolls, I refer you to the following
links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2004/5/15/19332/5961

Jim McNamara

Old January 18th 07, 08:11 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ps.com...

32GO wrote:
[...]

Nothing but a pathetic troll and a stalker. How sad!

[...]

[...]

Poor Jim McNamara! Here is a man 60 years old and he has nothing better to
do than to troll and stalk the Great Ed Dolan. Of course, I realize MY
Greatness is an irresistible attraction, but for heaven's sakes, you would
think a man of his years he would have some personal pride of his own.

Old January 18th 07, 05:09 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

Hi all,

I like what is transpiring. After only a day, progress is already
being made. The newsgroup is starting to take on a semblance of
normality. It even has recumbent content again. Most notable is the
frustration of a singular pitiful lone wolf (troll), howling in the
darkness, ignored to his discontent. I find this an encouraging
venture. Allow me to express my appreciation and approval to all who
have contrived a method and are making an effort to salvage this
newsgroup. Kudos to you all.

Jim McNamara

Old January 19th 07, 11:14 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi all,

I like what is transpiring. After only a day, progress is already
being made. The newsgroup is starting to take on a semblance of
normality. It even has recumbent content again. Most notable is the
frustration of a singular pitiful lone wolf (troll), howling in the
darkness, ignored to his discontent. I find this an encouraging
venture. Allow me to express my appreciation and approval to all who
have contrived a method and are making an effort to salvage this
newsgroup. Kudos to you all.

I also like what I see taking place.

As for myself, I will stay off of all on-topic discussion as I am VERY
interested in what direction the group will take. If and when it becomes a
soap box for liberals, then you can expect to see me back with a vengeance.
It would also be best if the group did not spend a lot of time discussing My
Greatness as I will be lurking about the premises.

I will still be here for off-topic discussion of course. And I will forever
have to keep a watchful eye on Tom Sherman should he ever return to the
group. After all, I do not want him taking advantage of you.

Good luck to the group!

Old January 20th 07, 10:54 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

32GO wrote:
Hey folks -

Please use this thread - and only this thread! - for
any comments you absolutely can't resist making about
the TROLL for the next week or two. If you can't
suppress the need to quote it, please cut and paste
without any concern for conventional Usenet continuity.
For this crap, who cares, anyway?

Regards,
Wayne

In his initial post in his thread, "So Good, So Far", our resident
troll caste out the bait that I am pleased to note no one took. Our
disruptive renegade malcontent has yet to perceive that this concerted
effort is in specific and direct response to him and him alone. How
could he have misconstrued to refer to anyone else, the declaration
"IT'S OUR NEWSGROUP, DAMMIT, NOT THE TROLL'S!" posted in the thread ...
"IMPORTANT - Groupwide Notice - PLEASE READ!"??? Could it be that our
troll is as imperceptive as he is obnoxious? Regardless, It matters
not really. Fortunately, the endeavor to re-mold this newsgroup into
the forum it was originally intended to be is meeting with success.
You are all to be commended for you devotion to the cause.

Jim McNamara

Old January 21st 07, 10:52 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ps.com...

32GO wrote:
[...]

The effort to renew the group is as much directed at Jim McNamara as anyone
else. He has become a nuisance to this group with his constant stalking. I
mean, it is just so unmanly! As far as I know, there are no women on this
group and the men all appear to be real men with one exception - Jim
McNamara!

Old January 21st 07, 06:58 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

More opinion stated as fact. This predictable response establishes
that the troll is imperceptive and obnoxious as previously noted. A
REAL man would express an opinion about another man's lack manliness to
his face, but the troll is a cowardly girly-man and I would gladly
state that to his face given the opportunity to do so. I've nothing
more to say to or of the troll.

Jim McNamara

Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ps.com...

Old January 22nd 07, 02:51 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ups.com...

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

More opinion stated as fact. This predictable response establishes
that the troll is imperceptive and obnoxious as previously noted. A
REAL man would express an opinion about another man's lack manliness to
his face, but the troll is a cowardly girly-man and I would gladly
state that to his face given the opportunity to do so. I've nothing
more to say to or of the troll.

You are presently the only one who is doing what you are doing on this
group, i.e., stalking. You are almost as bad as Ed Gin, the SPAMMING TROLL.
Get a life or get lost, why don't you!