Vote for Cadel

Old November 20th 07, 05:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc[_3_]

Default Vote for Cadel

Theo Bekkers wrote:

Classic Moite! Although I think anything Suntour has to be -3 points.

Minus?
All my suntour is over 20 years old
Old November 20th 07, 05:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc[_3_]

Jack Russell wrote:

Does cycling most of Europe and over the Andes in Venezuela get me any
points?

Europe; definitely not. With all the B&Bs, etc you can do that in lycra
with little luggage.

Old November 20th 07, 06:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

Terryc wrote:
Theo Bekkers wrote:

Classic Moite! Although I think anything Suntour has to be -3 points.

Minus?
All my suntour is over 20 years old

So is mine.

Theo

Old November 20th 07, 07:58 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Graeme Dods

On Nov 20, 12:25 pm, Jack Russell wrote:
wrote:
I think if you have mudguards (particularly full length) and a rack on
your bike, you're not a cyclist either.

Bugger, I was having such a good time. I assume my toeclips and
Carradice saddlebag also disqualify me!

"Having a good time" definitely disqualifies you as a cyclist. If you
aren't riding around with a sweat soaked grimace on your face then
you're clearly Not Really Trying.

Graeme
Old November 20th 07, 08:17 AM posted to aus.bicycle
G-S

wrote:
I think if you have mudguards (particularly full length) and a rack on
your bike, you're not a cyclist either.

Bugger, I was having such a good time. I assume my toeclips and
Carradice saddlebag also disqualify me!

"Having a good time" definitely disqualifies you as a cyclist. If you
aren't riding around with a sweat soaked grimace on your face then
you're clearly Not Really Trying.

Graeme

I suspect anyone over 100kg soaked in sweat struggling along on the flat
(with a grimace) should probably be exempt from that clause

G-S
Old November 20th 07, 08:45 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tomasso[_2_]

MTB pedals and shoes (SPD) on a road bike (with carbon, Ultegra and Zipp wheels).

Must be worth something.
Old November 20th 07, 09:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Tue, 20 Nov 2007 19:45:01 +1100
Tomasso wrote:

MTB pedals and shoes (SPD) on a road bike (with carbon, Ultegra and Zipp wheels).

Must be worth something.

actual clipless don't get you anything, MTB on a road bike might be
half a point but the Zipp wheels are easy minus 3.

Zebee
Old November 20th 07, 02:39 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Graeme Dods

On Nov 20, 5:17 pm, G-S wrote:
"Having a good time" definitely disqualifies you as a cyclist. If you
aren't riding around with a sweat soaked grimace on your face then
you're clearly Not Really Trying.

Graeme

I suspect anyone over 100kg soaked in sweat struggling along on the flat
(with a grimace) should probably be exempt from that clause

Definitely, particularly as that description (less about 10kg) fits me
pretty well on most of my recent rides. My nice shiny bike used to get
admiring glances (it sure as hell wasn't the guy on the saddle!) but
as it currently sports a milk crate (supported by a nice Blackburn
rack rescued from the local tip) and a kiddy trailer carrying either a
not-so-small child, groceries or sacks of quick setting concrete (or
any combination of the above) those glances have become much more like
looks of amused confusion. Now I know why - the bike is moving, but
it's not a cyclist riding it!

Graeme

Go, Go, Go Cadel!!!!! Patrick Turner Australia 6 July 29th 07 06:49 AM
Sustrans Connect2 projects, vote early vote often! Mike Causer UK 7 February 22nd 07 08:20 PM
Cadel didn't want to attack ? Keith Racing 1 July 21st 06 08:05 AM
Go Cadel! Steve Australia 32 May 3rd 06 04:24 AM
Cadel Evans David Ferguson Racing 0 July 22nd 05 03:14 AM