Linear LWB, USS

Old September 21st 05, 09:56 AM

Default Linear LWB, USS

I've come across a Linear with "Um Num" on the frame. Anyone familiar
with this 'bent? Interested in knowing how old it is, what the cost
was new and approximate value in good condition today.

Thanks,

jim

Old September 22nd 05, 02:55 AM
gotbent

wrote in message news

I've come across a Linear with "(AL)Um(I)Num" on the frame. Anyone familiar
with this 'bent? Interested in knowing how old it is, what the cost
was new and approximate value in good condition today.

Thanks,

jim

Maybe some letters have vanisihed.
Old September 22nd 05, 05:59 AM

On 21 Sep 2005 18:38:54 -0700, "Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic"

I've come across a Linear with "Um Num" on the frame. Anyone familiar
with this 'bent? Interested in knowing how old it is, what the cost
was new and approximate value in good condition today.

If you have not already, see http://129.79.22.9/linear/.

When I stopped at the U.S. Route 52 Mississippi overlook in Guttenberg,
Iowa, there was a holder with tourist brochures. In the brochure, it
stated that Guttenberg [1] was the home of Linear, "The World's Most
Comfortable Bicycle".

[1] Linear production has since been moved to New York State under
different ownership.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

jim

Old September 22nd 05, 09:20 PM
Bill Patterson

It definitely is interesting, but I've not yet found anything on this
Um Num "model" or cost. of it. I am working slowly through the site.
Have you any information on this particular bent?

jim

Nope sorry, I was amazed that there was a site with my old Linear on it.
Didn't mean to get so off the thread.

Bill
--
support free enterprise
oppose subsidized enterprise

corporate propaganda on tv is not news

Reply to

Old September 23rd 05, 04:22 PM
gotbent

Try this link to Linear. There are resources there that lead to the Linear
owner's groups that might shed some more light on your logo.
http://www.linearrecumbent.com/index.htm