GP Eddy Merckx

Old August 23rd 04, 08:06 AM
Colin Boyd

Default GP Eddy Merckx

I'm going to be in Brussels on the 29th and would like to see the GP
Eddy Merckx. All I know about it is it's a TT and starts from King
Badouin stadium in Heysel... Can anyone help give me/point me to some
more detailed information?

Thanks

Old August 23rd 04, 10:36 AM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 08:06:20 +0100, Colin Boyd wrote:
I'm going to be in Brussels on the 29th and would like to see the GP
Eddy Merckx. All I know about it is it's a TT and starts from King
Badouin stadium in Heysel... Can anyone help give me/point me to some
more detailed information?

Paired TT ("Trofeo Baracchi"). It's around Brussels, outskirts and city
streets. Start in front of the Stade roi Baudouin / Koning
Boudewijnstadion (near train station CCN / Gare du Nord / Noordstation),
on the Marathonlaan.

Schedule according to
http://www.opt.be/infos/brussel_even..._ID/19354.html
10:15 Cycling for all, 2 groups: sportif (25 km/h) and touristique
13:30 Junior national TT championships
14:30 Espoirs / Beloftes nat. TT champ.
15:30 Grand Prix Eddy Merckx / Grote Prijs Eddy Merckx

Complete parcours, but a slightly different schedule, is described at
http://www.wielerparcours.com/0829_eddymerckx.html (laan = lane, straat
= street, LA = go left, RA = go right, RD = straight ahead, LAH = keep
left, rondpunt = roundabout).
Old August 23rd 04, 04:02 PM
Colin Boyd

Thanks very much!

I will hopefully ride the pre-race sportif. It should be a good way to
see Brussels

Old August 23rd 04, 07:01 PM
Bart Van Hoorebeeck

The start is already on the edge of Brussels. The circuit, also of the
cyclosportif, goes northwest into Flemish Brabant.
If you make the leadgroup you can meet my looney uncle.