Unicycling Society of America

Old June 7th 04, 06:52 PM
kraze

Default Unicycling Society of America

Who here is a member? Is it worth joining? Can some members tell me
about it?

--
kraze - Army Of One Wheel

Post proelia praemia.
kraze's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6583

Old June 7th 04, 07:17 PM
JJuggle

kraze wrote:
*Who here is a member? Is it worth joining? Can some members tell me
about it? *

It is absolutely worth joining. It's only $15/year.

You get On One Wheel, the USA's newsletter. And you support unicycling
in the North America insofar as the USA hosts the North American
Unicycling Convention and Competition (NAUCC) and worldwide as the USA
interacts with unicycling organizations from other countries.

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

--
JJuggle - Last of the Dogmato-Revisionists

'6th Annual LBI Unithon - Sat, June 5, 2004'
(http://jjuggle.unicyclist.com/lbiunithon)

Lies written in ink can never disguise facts written in blood.
JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24

Old June 7th 04, 07:32 PM
johnfoss

I am member #810. When we originally started the IUF and had individual
memberships in that, I got member #018.

Not enough of the people here are members. What do you want from your
USA? With these online forums, the "news" in the quarterly publication
can't compete. But the pictures and in-depth stories are stuff you won't
get here. Yes we have pictures, but we don't have much in the way of
detailed, researched articles and stories.

The USA is looking for ideas of what it needs to do to attract more
members. Any suggestions, from members or non-members?

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"if you can do balloon animals,you can lace your own wheel." -- Jagur

Old June 7th 04, 07:48 PM
tadaniels

The Unicycling Society of America, Inc. (USA, Inc.) is a not for profit
corporation that was founded (paraphrasing the aims and purposes in our
Constitution and By-Laws) to foster social and athletic interest in and
promote the healthy, wholesome sport of unicycling amoung youth and
adults of North America by establishing voluntary standards of
performance (our competition rule book) and sponsoring and overseeing
local, regional, national and North American meets. We strive to
disseminate knowledge and information on all phases of the sport to all
interested parties throughout North America via a newsletter and
information service. Our members also represent the unicyclists of North
America in dealings with the International Unicycling Federation, Inc.
(the sponsors of the bi-annual UNICONs).

I became a member of the USA, Inc. in 2000 after helping plan, organize
and run the 1999 National Unicycling Convention. I became President in
October of 2002 after serving as chairman of the organizing committee
for the 2002 North American Unicycling Championships and Convention and
the Eleventh World Unicycling Championships and Convention.

One final note: "NAUCC," stands for, "North American Unicycling
Championships and Convention." This annual event is sponsored by the
USA, Inc. The event was originally called the National Unicycle Meet
(NUM) and, later, the National Unicycling Convention (NUC). In the past,
it has been hosted by a local club or a group of clubs from a region.
This year, due to a unique set of circumstances, NAUCC 2004 is being
hosted by the USA, Inc. itself in Salt Lake City. Members and clubs from
throughout North America have volunteered to help plan, organize and run
the 2004 event.

For more information on the USA, Inc. (and to download a membership
application), please visit our Web site at http://www.unicycling.org/usa

Tom Daniels

--
tadaniels - USA President
tadaniels's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/352

Old June 7th 04, 08:25 PM
kraze

Expect my application soon. I'd like to see what On One Wheel is all
about. If I can't have it sent here, I will just have it go to my home
address. Looking forward to attending a convention sometime, and it
sounds like I would know all the details by being a member.

Old June 7th 04, 08:37 PM
tadaniels

Overseas adresses (including APO / FPO addresses) are no problem.
Overseas delivery is just a bit more expensive.

Old June 7th 04, 10:19 PM
johnfoss

I hope that in the case of American servicepeople stationed overseas,
the USA can absorb the cost of the extra postage. Normally you pay
depending on where you live, so USA and Canada are the cheapest (we can
bulk mail here), and places requiring airmail are more expensive.

The USA runs on a very tight profit margin with postage, however. If we
can't afford the postage for servicepeople overseas, please let me know
and I'll pay the difference.

Old June 8th 04, 01:40 PM
JJuggle

johnfoss wrote:
* If we can't afford the postage for servicepeople overseas, please
let me know and I'll pay the difference. *

Being a peacenik, pacifist and all, I feel like a...well, I don't know
what exactly, but I'll chip in for this, too.

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

--
JJuggle - Last of the Dogmato-Revisionists

'6th Annual LBI Unithon - Sat, June 5, 2004'
(http://jjuggle.unicyclist.com/lbiunithon)

I'm cold, wet, sore, my crotch hurts and I have gas...but I'm great. -
rider comment during the 6th LBI Unithon
JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24