Can't remove cranks from DX

Old July 19th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
terrybigwheel

Default Can't remove cranks from DX

A new riding buddy recently bought a '06 torker dx 24" off ebay, and
came with the cranks on the wrong sides. After removing both bolts from
each crank they were ready to come off, but they won't budge! *MY*
torker dx cranks came off easily after removing the bolts, so I
expected the same east removal. Does anyone know the best way to get
them off? Obviously can't use a crank puller since these are spined.
Appreciate any help. Thanks!

PS: In the meantime, we just reversed the saddle so the pedals won't
continue to come loose, but we'd prefer the brake bosses in the back.

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through.

*My Video Gallery*: http://tinyurl.com/e6wt5
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

Old July 19th 06, 03:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Goats_On_Unicycles

Hmmmmm. does that include the big one right by the axle?

--
Goats_On_Unicycles

-GOODBYE BLUE MONDAY!-
___________________________________
WHATEVER! -YOU AIN'T MY DADDY!- I'm thirteen and I do WHAT I
WANT!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_itemId=218412 MY GALLERY
Goats_On_Unicycles's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12566

Old July 19th 06, 03:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
forrestunifreak

You can use a crank puller on them. I've done it many times, on the new
and old DX cranks.

--
forrestunifreak

**Money talks. Mine says goodbye. *'My
gallery-NAUCC 2006!'
(http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*
Unicycle for Christ
*Banana's for Jesus!*

Old July 19th 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
muzzle

terrybigwheel wrote:
Duh! That slipped my mind! Thanks!

Apparently this is quite a common mistake to make, thinking the cranks
are assembled wrong where as it is user error leading to backwards
installation of the wheel.
That happened to me when I got mine out of its box :P

--
muzzle

my videos: 'muzzle!videos' (http://youtube.com/profile?user=muzzl3)
http://youtube.com/profile?user=muzzl3
my website: '!muzzle!' (http://www.muzzle.co.nr)
http://www.muzzle.co.nr
muzzle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11458

Old July 19th 06, 05:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ice_cold_uni6

muzzle wrote:
Apparently this is quite a common mistake to make, thinking the cranks
are assembled wrong where as it is user error leading to backwards
installation of the wheel.
That happened to me when I got mine out of its box :P

interesting. when i put mine together like an hour ago (just got it )
i put the wheel on backwards and immediately thought it was on
backwards, not the cranks.

--
ice_cold_uni6

*-_chug_counterfeit_tobasco_sauce_while_holding_b ananas_for_christ_-*
PM if you want in.

harper wrote:
read through MR? i'd rather drink bleach. it's more refreshing.

'**my sick gallery**'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_itemId=219882)
ice_cold_uni6's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12352

Old July 19th 06, 08:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

The torker DX cranks have a very nice design, with the pinch bolt. Did
you make sure you loosened the pinch bolts on the end?

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)

Old July 19th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
terrybigwheel

Jerrick wrote:
The torker DX cranks have a very nice design, with the pinch bolt. Did
you make sure you loosened the pinch bolts on the end?

Yeah, removed both bolts completely from each crank.

Old July 19th 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
trials_uni

Terry you shouldnt feel dimb for doing that...Just this morning i
brought my wheel to work for its monthly maintenance pakage and i
thought that i ahd put the cranks on the wrong sides...So i took them
both off anagin and my co-worker pipes up and says, couldnt you have
just turned the wheel around....Then i felt so dumb...Even those non
uni people kno that!!

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF

harper wrote:
Bruce-
Quick. Put me on e-Bay.

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

Old July 19th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
terrybigwheel

trials_uni wrote:
Terry you shouldnt feel dimb for doing that...Just this morning i
brought my wheel to work for its monthly maintenance pakage and i
thought that i ahd put the cranks on the wrong sides...So i took them
both off anagin and my co-worker pipes up and says, couldnt you have
just turned the wheel around....Then i felt so dumb...Even those non
uni people kno that!!

Thanks...I guess now don't feel so bad!

Old July 19th 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Hmm, when you were taking the extractor bolt out, did that just unscrew
itself and come out, cause one of my cranks, it does that too, but the
other side, the crank gets pulled off with it. I found that the side
that doest get pulled off, is on there pretty good, and takes some
pulling to get off.

Goodluck with yours.