OT Bendy Buses

Old February 15th 07, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Phil Cook

Default OT Bendy Buses

If you think London bendy buses are bad take a look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyC6TpAdBQE&NR

About 30 seconds in...

....Yikes!!!
Old February 15th 07, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Earl Purple

On 15 Feb, 15:10, Phil Cook wrote:
If you think London bendy buses are bad take a look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyC6TpAdBQE&NR

About 30 seconds in...

...Yikes!!!

They're particularly bad on the shared bus/cycle lane on Pentonville
Road heading down the hill towards Kings Cross, as you pass the
Thameslink station. There are often as many as 3 of them there to have
to work your way around with no room to pass them.

Old February 16th 07, 02:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

In article , Phil Cook
says...
If you think London bendy buses are bad take a look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyC6TpAdBQE&NR

About 30 seconds in...

...Yikes!!!

I'm pretty impressed by how the other drivers generally manage to avoid
adding to the carnage. The bus driver did OK too.
Old February 16th 07, 08:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven

Rob Morley wrote on 16/02/2007 02:53 +0100:
In article , Phil Cook
says...
If you think London bendy buses are bad take a look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyC6TpAdBQE&NR

About 30 seconds in...

...Yikes!!!

I'm pretty impressed by how the other drivers generally manage to avoid
adding to the carnage. The bus driver did OK too.

The one I spotted was the penultimate clip where the two trucks crash
and everyone comes to a halt. Then one driver decides, rather than get
out and see how the drivers are etc, that he will pull out to try and
weave his way through the wreckage. Some drivers will stop at nothing
to avoid their journey being impeded.

--
Tony

"...has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least
wildly inaccurate..."
Douglas Adams; The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Old February 16th 07, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
M-gineering

Tony Raven wrote:

The one I spotted was the penultimate clip where the two trucks crash
and everyone comes to a halt. Then one driver decides, rather than get
out and see how the drivers are etc, that he will pull out to try and
weave his way through the wreckage. Some drivers will stop at nothing
to avoid their journey being impeded.

which could be the smart thing to do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kXKJza37cQ

--
---
Marten
Old February 16th 07, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Martin Dann

Phil Cook wrote:
If you think London bendy buses are bad take a look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyC6TpAdBQE&NR

About 30 seconds in...

...Yikes!!!

The one prior to the bendy bus, with the car crashing in the foreground,
in the distance there appears to be a second crash.

Many of the cars there appeared to be going way to fast.

Martin.
Old February 16th 07, 08:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven

M-gineering wrote on 16/02/2007 08:23 +0100:
Tony Raven wrote:

The one I spotted was the penultimate clip where the two trucks crash
and everyone comes to a halt. Then one driver decides, rather than
get out and see how the drivers are etc, that he will pull out to try
and weave his way through the wreckage. Some drivers will stop at
nothing to avoid their journey being impeded.

which could be the smart thing to do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kXKJza37cQ

I guess it depends whether your priorities are on yourself and your own
convenience or the lives of those who could be critically injured in the
crashed trucks.

Old February 16th 07, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
M-gineering

Tony Raven wrote:

I guess it depends whether your priorities are on yourself and your own
convenience or the lives of those who could be critically injured in the
crashed trucks.

EVERY safety or first aid course I've been on starts with emphasing you
start with a personal risk assesment first. Adding to the carnage isn't
going to be helpfull for anyone

--
---
Marten
Old February 16th 07, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Clinch

M-gineering wrote:

EVERY safety or first aid course I've been on starts with emphasing you
start with a personal risk assesment first. Adding to the carnage isn't
going to be helpfull for anyone

And when you do the practical exercises, if you don't make a point of
demonstrating you are evaluating personal safety before anything else
then you get a black mark.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old February 16th 07, 11:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Adrian Boliston

"Tony Raven" wrote in message

The one I spotted was the penultimate clip where the two trucks crash and
everyone comes to a halt. Then one driver decides, rather than get out
and see how the drivers are etc, that he will pull out to try and weave
his way through the wreckage. Some drivers will stop at nothing to avoid
their journey being impeded.

Depends on the circumstances. The main risk would be that of further
vehicles hammering into you, so if there is a clear lane it might be safer
to stop *in front* of the wreakage before giving assistance.

Stagecoach buses, UK mark williamson Unicycling 7 February 7th 07 01:59 PM
Avoiding buses Karen Gallagher Australia 24 March 27th 06 03:49 AM
Ken & Bendy Buses elyob UK 39 January 29th 05 08:52 PM
Experiences of the non-bendy-youngster newbie digigal1 Unicycling 20 May 27th 04 05:24 PM
Hit by a bendy bus jeronimo UK 19 August 6th 03 12:58 AM