Trials Discussion Thread

Old November 16th 08, 04:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
EliB

Default Trials Discussion Thread

this is my first trials video. i put it on a couple days ago, but tell
me what you think.

YouTube -
Trials

--
EliB

-Eli Brill

*TEAM INSANITY FLATLAND*
Old November 18th 08, 12:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unigurd

EliB;1132053 wrote:
this is my first trials video. i put it on a couple days ago, but tell
me what you think.

'YouTube - Trials' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTmP1f0vmLw)

i like it

--
Unigurd

Old November 20th 08, 12:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
EliB

^^ thanks.

--
EliB

-Eli Brill

*TEAM INSANITY FLATLAND*
Old November 20th 08, 05:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

Pretty good, I like it. To many prehops though, it lacked flow. Try
cutting those out, take your time and do the line clean. Try learning 5
pallet ups static, static jumping is a very useful and needed skill,
Large prehops like you did are nice, but a little unnecessary until you
get a little bit higher, nice stuff though.

I'm a pa trials right out of pittsburgh, what part of the place are you
in? I've just began to notice more and more pa riders on here.

--
wickedbob

R.I.P MITCH HEDBERG
'Add wickedbob to your ignore list' (http://tinyurl.com/3dfrko).

Ducttape wrote:
haha! I'm rubbing off on people again....

My posts don't count they came from MR...would they matter anyways?
Old November 20th 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unibikeling

wickedbob;1134104 wrote:
Pretty good, I like it. To many prehops though, it lacked flow. Try
cutting those out, take your time and do the line clean. Try learning 5
pallet ups static, static jumping is a very useful and needed skill,
Large prehops like you did are nice, but a little unnecessary until you
get a little bit higher, nice stuff though.

I'm a pa trials right out of pittsburgh, what part of the place are you
in? I've just began to notice more and more pa riders on here.

says micheal long from Pensilvania.

--
unibikeling

"-I'll learn the landing after I do the take off-"

'Sixsixone - Great gear for all riding!' (sixsixone.com)
'My Videos' (http://www.youtube.com/user/lardmcfatso)

Sprite Off Winner 08~
Old November 21st 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Bluemanonuni

Boys I´m a rookie to this Trials stuff, only been practice uni for a
year and Trials for a little month or so, but I was wundering are there
some kind of golden rule, first pratice SI with no prehop to a given
hight, then with prehop and after go on with SIF.

Regards from newbie Dane.

--
Bluemanonuni
Old November 21st 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
EliB

wickedbob;1134104 wrote:
Pretty good, I like it. To many prehops though, it lacked flow. Try
cutting those out, take your time and do the line clean. Try learning 5
pallet ups static, static jumping is a very useful and needed skill,
Large prehops like you did are nice, but a little unnecessary until you
get a little bit higher, nice stuff though.

I'm a pa trials right out of pittsburgh, what part of the place are you
in? I've just began to notice more and more pa riders on here.

about the flow, yeah didn't notice how ugly it was till it was finished
and on youtube.

I'm in pine grove. by harrisburg.

--
EliB

-Eli Brill

*TEAM INSANITY FLATLAND*
Old November 21st 08, 10:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

Bluemanonuni;1135122 wrote:
Boys I´m a rookie to this Trials stuff, only been practice uni for a
year and Trials for a little month or so, but I was wundering are there
some kind of golden rule, first pratice SI with no prehop to a given
hight, then with prehop and after go on with SIF.

Regards from newbie Dane.

Not really, prehops are fine when beginning, later on you'll learn
static. Si is good to about 20in or so, a little higher for some. After
that having a nice sif jump is really needed to improve, atleast with
any kind of speed.

I learned up to 25in or so si with a prehop, then I totally stopped
doing any sort of prehop and went to sif. I used my leg muscles to
compress the tire. After I while I began playing with a prehop which
felt awfully weird at first, when I got the hang of it again I was doing
30in and now I'm around 36 in, I've got my tire to 40, but haven't
landed that.

Old November 22nd 08, 11:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Bluemanonuni

Thanks, I´m going to like this Trial stuff...
My self I´m doing about 43 cm SI no prehop but not landing it all time,
dont no what that are in inches, but I will like to go on with SIF
are there some kind of good advice or is it just start to pratice...

---- ------ danish dynamite ...

--
Bluemanonuni
Old November 22nd 08, 12:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tim_desmet

Bluemanonuni;1135427 wrote:
Thanks, I´m going to like this Trial stuff...
My self I´m doing about 43 cm SI no prehop but not landing it all time,
dont no what that are in inches, but I will like to go on with SIF
are there some kind of good advice or is it just start to pratice...

---- ------ danish dynamite ...

just start to practise
There isn't a 'good' competence, you need to learn it by practising a
lot

--
tim_desmet

-- Sorry for my bad english --