New Brakes on an Old Frame

Old October 4th 08, 01:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Pete Biggs

Default New Brakes on an Old Frame

wrote:
I am doing a 650B conversion on an older Woodrup steel frame.
I have the proper long reach brakes but have found that the mounting
holes for the brakes are too small. The threaded part of the brake
mount fits through the hole, but the securing nut does not.

Should I drill out the mounting holes to accomodate the
brakes? Or is there another way?

Drilling is usually the best way - for the front at least.

Some other ways are mentioned here under "Recessed Brake Mounting":

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gloss_ra-e.html

~PB