Whatever - Weekend in Newcastle

Old August 16th 04, 05:15 PM
joe

Default Whatever - Weekend in Newcastle

Hey

Just thought I would post about what a great weekend I've just had.

Simon McAndrew came up to my house from hockey on thursday, then we met
up with Aaron Rolph at Newcastle Central Station, on Friday morning.
We rode around in Newcastle and Gateshead, down at the Quayside, and
through 'old' Newcastle, and to the skate park at Exhabition Park. We
brought the skate park to a stand still when we pulled up on our uni's.
Needless to say, everyone seemed rather impressed of what we could pull
off.

The week beforehand had been rainy and windy, and the forcast for the
weekend didnt look good. Thankfully, it was sunny all weekend.

We went out riding on saturday, along the seafront at Whitley Bay, and
to St Mary's Lighthouse. This is an awesome place for trials, but we did
more chilling then trials I think.
Later on in the evening, we went out to cause some trouble
(unintensionally) on the streets of Monkseaton. While we were videoing
me on a wall, a woman came out of the fish and chip shop, and started
shouting for me to get off a public wall... Do these people not
understand how fun it is to ride a unicycle along a wall, 7ft high?

We had hardly stopped riding all weekend, and by Sunday none of us had
any energy left! Simon and myself had Muni's, so we took a gental ride
along the seafront to Tynemouth, with Aaron on the bike. We chilled at
the beach for a bit, then rode home.

It was a great weekend, and one I wont forget.
I'm really bad at writing write ups, so here is the gallery of the
weekends pics - might make more sence - 'Whatever - A weekend at Joes
house' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/whatever)

We also made a movie. It contains some extreme unicycling, with some
very serious accidents thrown in for good measure (none of which was
staged... ) 'Whatever - The Movie' (http://tinyurl.com/4393l)
(9.31Mb - Sorry its so big! 8mins 39sec)

Enjoy, and please could you tell me what you think?
I must also say thanks to Si and Aaron for coming up, and my mum and dad
for letting them in the house!

Cheers,

Joe

if you are wondering why it is called 'whatver', well, we couldnt think
of a name, and when si was asked what we should call it, he replied, in
usual si manor, 'whatever'. so we just stuck with that...

--
joe - Who needs cranks anyways?

*www.cool.unicyclist.com*

'I like to show off in front of people not to show them what I can do,
but to show them what can be done on a unicycle' - Sofa

'SIXSIXONE' (http://www.sixsixone.com)
joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

Old August 16th 04, 06:43 PM
Mark Fowler

"joe" wrote in message
st.com...
Hey
We also made a movie. It contains some extreme unicycling, with some
very serious accidents thrown in for good measure (none of which was
staged... ) 'Whatever - The Movie' (http://tinyurl.com/4393l)
(9.31Mb - Sorry its so big! 8mins 39sec)
Enjoy, and please could you tell me what you think?
I must also say thanks to Si and Aaron for coming up, and my mum and dad
for letting them in the house!

Cheers,
Joe

WOW! That was so good. Really, good.

Being a newbie, seeing that kind of video really makes me want to stick at
learning.
I loved the way the main part is the bails and the outtakes are the ones you
stick.
Cheers
Mark

Old August 16th 04, 07:20 PM
pluto

Si was on the bike Even with the pain of saddle sore I continued on
the uni...mostly
Aaron

--
pluto - Muni obsesive

www.freeborn.co.uk

www.cumbriamuni.com

one or two wheels
+ a mountain
= fun
pluto's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3986

Old August 17th 04, 09:47 AM
Robbie

Nice video Joe, you can just tell those skaters were impressed by that
big gap I gotta go riding in england sometime, next time we go there
I'll defiantely take my uni.

--
Robbie - Street Unicyclist

[image: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums...23-1/dr_z.gif]