A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Another Cheap Buy

Old April 3rd 21, 11:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Another Cheap Buy

On Saturday, April 3, 2021 at 9:50:09 AM UTC-5, wrote:
You are the one that claimed that since Hoover and Kennedy did likewise previously that somehow Trump doing the same wasn't charity at all. You are so small that you were inferring that since these charities went through government agencies they weren't charities at all.

Trump gave his salary to government agencies. I have never ever thought of the US Federal Government as a charity. I do not know who Hoover and Kennedy gave their salary to. But I will assume, maybe incorrectly, that it was a charity such as Red Cross. Do you see the difference? Trump in affect worked for free. Sort of. He still took vacations every weekend to his various golf courses in New Jersey, Florida, and Scotland. And charged the government far more than he donated in "charity" for housing and feeding the secret service personnel that accompanied him. The federal government paid checks to Trump golf courses.

And here is an article saying Trump's golf outings cost the USA taxpayers $141 million dollars.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...wn/3718413001/

You are the one that claimed that Trump's kids got rich off of the government if Trump didn't.

I am very shocked by the following.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/01/the-...e-in-2019.html
"President Trump’s daughter, Ivanka Trump, who serves as Advisor to the President, and her husband, Jared Kushner, who serves as Assistant to the President and Senior Advisor, each forgo their White House salaries."

But before you start crowing too loudly, here is an article saying Ivanka and Jared made up to $135 million.
https://qz.com/1644848/how-much-does-ivanka-trump-make/

And an article saying the couple made up to $640 million.
https://www.citizensforethics.org/re...e-white-house/

I do not know if they made $135 or $640 million off their connections to the then President. But they made a lot.
Ads
Old April 4th 21, 12:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, April 3, 2021 at 11:19:46 AM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
On 4/3/2021 3:40 AM, wrote:
On Friday, April 2, 2021 at 1:31:33 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Frank, you can continue with your lying whenever you are proven wrong. That is what you do. You answered the last comment I made. The fact is that this country has lost ground under every single Democrat with the exception of John F. Kennedy. That is why the Democrat HAD to get rid of him. He wasn't an elitist and he wasn't a racist and those two points DEFINE a Democrat. The entire Democrat Party backed Roosevelt up when he wouldn't desegregate the military and when he put Americans of Japanese descents not just in concentration camps, but didn't even allow them access to proper medical care. If you were alive at that time there is no doubt that you would bend over backward to endorse him.

Rewriting history, or even taking credit for historical events, does not work well. Trump frequently compared himself to Lincoln. He wanted to add himself to Mt. Rushmore up there with Lincoln. As you may or may not recall, Lincoln was the first Republican elected President back in 1860. He freed the slaves and allowed them to vote by making them citizens of the USA. Now Trump and all the Republicans in state houses across the country are trying to take the right to vote from them. But during the time after the Civil War up until the 1970s, the Democrats in the southern states enacted Jim Crow laws to make it impossible for blacks to vote. Democrats! But since about Nixon to today, the southern states who enacted Jim Crow laws became Republican, not Democrat. And now the Republicans are bringing back Jim Crow laws. Funny how both political parties are or were in favor of blacks not voting.

Uh, the turning point there, if you recall, was (kumbaya
warning) Lyndon Johnson and Everett Dirksen who, over the
kicking and screaming democrat party passed the mid-1960s
statutes to enforce the 14th Amendment.

Would you be so kind as to point out one example of 'modern
jim crow' laws promulgated by Republicans? Bull Connor,
Lester Maddox, Mr Clinton's mentor Orville Faubus, Robert
KKK Byrd don't count. They lived and died as Democrat Party
stalwarts. The myth 'Nixon turned Democrat racists into
Republican racists' doesn't hold water although oft repeated.

Perhaps you were confused by The Present Occupant who ran
off at the mouth in a series of lies about GA and IA voting
statutes. Both States close polls at 7pm, unlike Mr Biden's
DE where polls close at 5. Maybe he's more confused than
some would care to admit. Or is it blatant disinformation?

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Below is a link from the NY Times about the recent Republican passed Georgia voting law.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/02/u...nnotated..html

Many of the provisions reduce early voting ability. The Republicans believe Democrats are more prone to use this so it was reduced. There are voter ID laws. Some believe poorer blacks are less likely to have official government IDs and thus will be unable to vote due to these restrictions. And of course this one on page 73 of the new Georgia law.

"Page 73: No person shall solicit votes in any manner or by any means or method, nor shall any person distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to an elector,"

It has been reported that the longest lines for waiting to vote are in the black neighborhoods. So by not allowing anyone to give food or drink, including water, will make the waits more onerous and cause some voters to go home and not vote.

My state of Iowa just passed laws to reduce the ability to vote early and request absentee ballots.
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...ay/6869317002/

Some of the text from the article.
"The law cuts Iowa's early voting period from 29 days to 20. Polls will now close at 8 p.m. for state and federal elections instead of 9 p.m."
Iowa cut an hour off the voting time. And reduces the number of days you can vote early.

Regarding your bringing up the
Lyndon Johnson and Everett Dirksen who, over the

In my prior post I said "But during the time after the Civil War up until the 1970s, the Democrats in the southern states enacted Jim Crow laws to make it impossible for blacks to vote." I am well aware that the population of the southern states were Democrats during Jim Crow. And they are now Republicans in the south. They labeled themselves as Democrat, but in reality they were Republican.
Old April 4th 21, 12:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]
external usenet poster

On Sat, 3 Apr 2021 01:40:21 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Frank, you can continue with your lying whenever you are proven wrong. That is what you do. You answered the last comment I made. The fact is that this country has lost ground under every single Democrat with the exception of John F. Kennedy. That is why the Democrat HAD to get rid of him. He wasn't an elitist and he wasn't a racist and those two points DEFINE a Democrat. The entire Democrat Party backed Roosevelt up when he wouldn't desegregate the military and when he put Americans of Japanese descents not just in concentration camps, but didn't even allow them access to proper medical care. If you were alive at that time there is no doubt that you would bend over backward to endorse him.

Rewriting history, or even taking credit for historical events, does not work well. Trump frequently compared himself to Lincoln. He wanted to add himself to Mt. Rushmore up there with Lincoln. As you may or may not recall, Lincoln was the first Republican elected President back in 1860. He freed the slaves and allowed them to vote by making them citizens of the USA. Now Trump and all the Republicans in state houses across the country are trying to take the right to vote from them. But during the time after the Civil War up until the 1970s, the Democrats in the southern states enacted Jim Crow laws tomake it impossible for blacks to vote. Democrats! But since about Nixon to today, the southern states who enacted Jim Crow laws became Republican, not Democrat. And now the Republicans are bringing back Jim Crow laws. Funny how both political parties are or were in favor of blacks not voting.

Well, to be a bit more accurate Lincoln didn't "free the slaves" he
freed the slaves only in stated in revolt against the U.S. Government.
"that all persons held as slaves" within the rebellious states "are,
and henceforward shall be free.")

The actual freeing of ALL slaves was guaranteed by the 13th amendment
to the Constitution which wasn't ratified until December some 8 months
after Lincoln died.

The Civil Rights Act of 1866, was the first document giving the Blacks
(and others) the legal right to vote, and the 14th Amendment, ratified
in 1868, guarantee that "All persons born or naturalized in the
United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens
of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

--
Cheers,

John B.

Old April 4th 21, 12:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, April 3, 2021 at 4:01:54 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Saturday, April 3, 2021 at 9:19:46 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:

Rewriting history, or even taking credit for historical events, does not work well. Trump frequently compared himself to Lincoln. He wanted to add himself to Mt. Rushmore up there with Lincoln. As you may or may not recall, Lincoln was the first Republican elected President back in 1860. He freed the slaves and allowed them to vote by making them citizens of the USA. Now Trump and all the Republicans in state houses across the country are trying to take the right to vote from them. But during the time after the Civil War up until the 1970s, the Democrats in the southern states enacted Jim Crow laws to make it impossible for blacks to vote. Democrats! But since about Nixon to today, the southern states who enacted Jim Crow laws became Republican, not Democrat. And now the Republicans are bringing back Jim Crow laws. Funny how both political parties are or were in favor of blacks not voting.

I've never been able to understand the far leftists like Russell. He will say absolutely anything to forgive the hard racist, sexist and class warfare of the Democrat Party. Both parties WERE NOT in favor of blacks not voting. There were so many blacks in the south that if they voted, they would overwhelm the southern Democrat Party. So they insisted on counting blacks as only 2/3rds of a person. That made them unable to vote. The North went along with this for two reasons, 1. If they counted all of the blacks as a full person the south would have full control of the House of Representatives and 2. The South threatened to leave the union if they were not allowed to maintain slavery. Lincoln said, "If I could save the Union without freeing a single slave I would do so." But the South no longer trusted the North because the Democrats have never been very bright. Industrialization was very close to making slavery more expensive than buying automation. The Cotton Gin was the first sign that slavery was collapsing. And the only major need for slaves were in the Texas cotton fields.

But I suppose when you haven't the slightest knowledge of real history you are willing to take the Slime Stream Media's word for anything.

Regarding your claims about 2/3rds of a person. Here are the facts. Facts.. FACTS.
https://www.history.com/topics/black...old%20civil%2C
"Section Two of the 14th Amendment repealed the three-fifths clause (Article I, Section 2, Clause 3) of the original Constitution, which counted enslaved people as three-fifths of a person for the purpose of apportioning congressional representation. With slavery outlawed by the 13th Amendment, this clarified that all residents, regardless of race, should be counted as one whole person. This section also guaranteed that all male citizens over age 21, no matter their race, had a right to vote."

The US Constitution counted black slaves as 2/3 of a person for counting people in determining the number of Representatives each state had. After the 13th Amendment passed giving blacks the right to vote, they were forced to count blacks as whole persons for determining the Representatives from each state. That is one of the things the 14th Amendment does.

I have never ever claimed either Democrat or Republican party is all bad or all good. Both parties were for and/or against blacks being freed and voting. That is not news. But it sure seems to me that since Reagan, the Republican party has a big lead in the evil category.
Old April 4th 21, 01:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]
external usenet poster

On Sat, 3 Apr 2021 14:01:53 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Saturday, April 3, 2021 at 9:19:46 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:

I've never been able to understand the far leftists like Russell. He will say absolutely anything to

forgive the hard racist, sexist and class warfare of the Democrat
Party. Both parties WERE NOT in favor of blacks not voting. There were
so many blacks in the south that if they voted, they would overwhelm
the southern Democrat Party. So they insisted on counting blacks as
only 2/3rds of a person. That made them unable to vote. The North
went along with this for two reasons, 1. If they counted all of the
blacks as a full person the south would have full control of the House
of Representatives and 2. The South threatened to leave the union if
they were not allowed to maintain slavery. Lincoln said, "If I could
save the Union without freeing a single slave I would do so." But the
South no longer trusted the North because the Democrats have never
been very bright. Industrialization was very close to making slavery
more expensive than buying automation. The Cotton Gin was the first
sign
that slavery was collapsing. And the only major need for slaves were in the Texas cotton fields.

But I suppose when you haven't the slightest knowledge of real history you are willing to take the Slime Stream Media's word for anything.

There you go again... 2/3rds of a person. Such foolishness.

What you are talking about is the three-fifths clause (Article I,
Section 2, of the U.S. Constitution of 1787) that declared that for
purposes of representation in Congress, enslaved blacks in a state
would be counted as three-fifths of the number of white inhabitants of
that state. (It also disallowed Indians)
"...their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by
adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those
bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not
taxed, three fifths of all other Persons."
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old April 4th 21, 01:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]
external usenet poster

On Sat, 3 Apr 2021 07:50:07 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Saturday, April 3, 2021 at 1:11:30 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Friday, April 2, 2021 at 7:45:59 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 2:24:42 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 10:32:33 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, March 31, 2021 at 8:01:31 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Wednesday, March 31, 2021 at 9:35:54 PM UTC-5, John B. wrote:

Illegally encroaching on state land, national forests, etc., is a
crime in Thailand and even a member of the government has been charged
with using state land illegally and (I believe) has had to resign her
position as an MP.
--
John B.

My gosh John, what kind of socialist, communist, fascist, dictatorship do you live in? An elected government official not being able to use/steal from the government they are serving? Here in the USA, AMERICA, we had the god like figure (as he says himself) Donald Trump enrich his own companies with government money every day of the week. Vacationing every week at his own country clubs to play golf every single weekend for four years and charging his own clubs millions of dollars to house his government secret service agents. Which the government paid millions of dollars to Trump himself. Its the American way to steal money from the government you are elected to serve! How dare they punish Thailand officials for being so American.
Russell, can you possibly be that ignorant? Trump gave his entire Presidential salary to charity, paid the majority of his own expense usually carried by he government and his total worth after the Presidency is HALF of what it was. Why do people like you love to listen to the lies of the left?
Trump did "donate" his salary to various federal government agencies. I guess you can call that giving to charity. Kind of like when you pay your federal taxes, you are donating to a charity. Right? JFK and Hoover donated their presidential salaries to charity too.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamand...h=585915d71a8d

"paid the majority of his own expense usually carried by he government" How on earth did you think this up? I hesitate to ask what hallucinogenic drugs you were on. How much do you think it costs to fly a Boeing 747 airplane (Air Force One) to Florida or New Jersey for Trump to visit his golf courses and play golf every weekend for four years? How many thousands of hours of Secret Service employee time was used during these golf vacations? How many people accompany the President when he travels? 50? Each working 8 hours per day. 52 trips per year, each weekend. 50x8x52=20,800 hours of labor. Each person making $80,000 per year. $40 per hour. 20,800x40=$832,000 labor cost. Add in jet fuel for his vacations. Add in the several million dollars Trump and his hotels charged the government for the secret service to stay there. Trump spent millions and millions on his weekly vacations. Do you really believe Trump paid for this? If so, I have some magic beans to sell you.

I'd like to think I listen to almost everything. Use reasoning and logic to disregard the lies and retain the facts.
Like everything else you've had to say lately you are showing the same mental illness that you have been showing for at least a year. Can you suggest to me what ****ing different it makes if someone else gave their salary to charity or that Trump's kids working at their own jobs kept their own salaries because they are in no position to donate everything they earn to charity. What in the hell do you even have a passing knowledge of what they do and what they don't do? I am making less than $50,000 a year taxable and I donate over $3,500 every year what does a cheap SOB like you do?

YOU, You, you are the person who first talked about Trump giving his salary to "charity". Other's, including me, have responded since you introduced this new topic to the discussion. Why are you screaming at me for talking about Trump's charity donation when you grought up the topic? Odd.

Trump's kids? This is a new topic you have introduced. Why? I don't recall anyone else talking about Trump's kids. They may have been mentioned. Such as the prior thread where we talked about Trump retaining control and reaping financial benefits for himself and his company while President. He did technically sort of, kind of, put his kids in control of the business. Ha Ha. But you are definitely the first to talk about Trump's kids in this thread. Why?

Donating to charity. The relevance of your gifts or anyone else's gifts is? I am aware the topic of charity is now in this thread due to you. Are you listing your charity amounts to claim superiority over others who give less? Are you listing your charitable amounts to appear more like Trump, your icon? I am having a hard time figuring out why charity donations is relevant to a forum about bicycles. Can you explain please?

Calling me cheap. On some things yes. On other things no. As for your last comment, that is a reflection of your class. Low to say the least.

You are the one that claimed that since Hoover and Kennedy did likewise previously that somehow Trump doing the same wasn't charity at all. You are so small that you were inferring that since these charities went through government agencies they weren't charities at all. You are the one that claimed that Trump's kids got rich off of the government if Trump didn't. You have reached the point at which you are so small that you even claim that no one has the ability to measure the top tube of their own bikes and you can imagine it more accurately. Again, I have a brother-in-law that is a councilor and talked to him about you. He too suggests a psychologist.

No Tommy, I'm the guy that said that Hoover and Kennedy gave their
income away while serving as President. The point was that while Trump
donated his salary the other two donated their INCOME. Kennedy also
donated his salary while serving in the Congress. It might also be
noted the first President, Washington, refused to take his salary.
--
Cheers,

John B.