Madison, oh Madison!

Old July 19th 14, 09:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Madison, oh Madison!

====

"Madison is the best place in the world if you want to hang out," Virgil said. "You see these old gray-bearded guys on their rusty bikes, they've been hanging out since the sixties. Never quit."

-- from Heat Lightning by John Sandford

====

Yup. We know someone like that in Madison. Been there since the sixties too.

Andre Jute
Old July 19th 14, 01:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 7/19/2014 3:36 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
====

"Madison is the best place in the world if you want to hang out," Virgil said. "You see these old gray-bearded guys on their rusty bikes, they've been hanging out since the sixties. Never quit."

-- from Heat Lightning by John Sandford

====

Yup. We know someone like that in Madison. Been there since the sixties too.

Andre Jute

Harumph.
My bike is most certainly not rusty.

(well, over winter, my fixie is as corroded as my Raleigh is
shiny)

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old July 19th 14, 04:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

On Sat, 19 Jul 2014 07:46:59 -0500, AMuzi wrote:
On 7/19/2014 3:36 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
====

"Madison is the best place in the world if you want to hang out,"
Virgil said. "You see these old gray-bearded guys on their rusty
bikes, they've been hanging out since the sixties. Never quit."

-- from Heat Lightning by John Sandford

====

Yup. We know someone like that in Madison. Been there since the
sixties too.

Andre Jute

Harumph. My bike is most certainly not rusty.

(well, over winter, my fixie is as corroded as my Raleigh is shiny)

Nor is your beard grey, at least the last time I saw you which is
probably... oh jeez. 2005 when you sent me down to Ace to get my Volvo
fixed (and who remains one of the more colorful characters I've met)?
Nah, I was at YJ since then, but probably about 2008. IIRC you've moved
the shop since then.
Old July 19th 14, 04:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

PLACE IS FILLED WITH DRUNKEN NAZI WAR CRIMINALS

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear... CHAMPIONSHIP
Old July 19th 14, 05:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 7/19/2014 10:35 AM, Tim McNamara wrote:
[...]

Yes, I show plenty of grey but with any luck a slower
progression at our new completely wonderful building. I
can't believe I put up with the old neighborhood that long.

Old July 19th 14, 09:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

On Sat, 19 Jul 2014 11:56:45 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Yes, I show plenty of grey but with any luck a slower progression at
our new completely wonderful building. I can't believe I put up with
the old neighborhood that long.

Jeez, looking at the street view that is a radically different
atmosphere than your old shop (the insides of which, I must say, were
pretty much my idealized vision of what a bike shop should look like.
Plus it was like the last place on Earth one could buy Lubriplate). Did
the move affect walk-in trade at all?
Old July 19th 14, 11:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

We can park in safety now with the Yellow Jersey moved to La Cross !

Am always complained abt the nayborhood ambience of goons thugs bums and miscreants...

and in two passes thru Madison I was attacked by goons thugs bums and miscreants...

The area is possessed by a form of Dillingeritis as scene in news reports out of Chicago.

Madison shorts Carl Sundquist Racing 6 August 31st 07 12:41 AM
Poggio madison Ewoud Dronkert Racing 1 March 20th 06 10:41 PM
Bendigo Madison RR/RR Bleve Australia 5 March 13th 06 11:38 PM
So Cal 2-Day Madison 10/2-3 @ SD Velodrome Eric Hollenbeck Racing 0 September 30th 04 01:50 AM
Madison D'Arcs Sam Salt UK 3 May 31st 04 03:53 PM