Bicycle helmets with wings.

Old July 26th 14, 01:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Bicycle helmets with wings.

Give us the direct link to the woman cyclist's blog, Gene. I don't have time to work through a whole Google page. I'm familiar with the Turner thesis. The late Bob Hughes used to spout it when we were young critics (well, I was young and he was youngish, but let's not split a few years), and more recently in his TV series on American art and culture, and it's a longtime subtext in his pages in TIME.

Basically, what you're claiming is that the murderous instincts of American automobilists when they see a cyclist, and the courts' tendency to give free reign to those who murder cyclists with big motorized blunt instruments (while talking on the phone, a final bizarre irony) is built into the American system and psyche, a part of the culture, a Darwining development that follows the geography of the new nation closely.

Sounds about right. And I'll tell you something else: I'm not at all surprised to find James repeatedly reporting the same crap in Australia; of all the anglophone countries in the world, none is more American in outlook and attitude than Australia, not even Canada.

Andre Jute

On Saturday, July 26, 2014 12:48:40 AM UTC+1, wrote:
AJ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontier_Thesis

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=bk...ated+with+the+...

the woman riders photo blog is an essay on myth to practice...

Lieb lives in a town OF practice to myth...

ceptin at the front edge.

Old July 27th 14, 01:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

NO NO NO Turner Jung is abt the helmet with wings

or in that vane

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kfergo...n/photostream/

Bicycle helmets Mr. Benn[_9_] UK 12 May 21st 12 09:00 AM
not only bicycle helmets AMuzi Techniques 9 May 19th 10 04:21 AM
Equestrian helmets as bicycle helmets? [email protected][_2_] General 19 December 27th 09 02:56 AM
alert! watch out for chicken wings. gabetheunicycleman Unicycling 8 February 25th 07 09:09 AM
WTB: Sweet Wings Cranks. Pista Marketplace 0 November 28th 05 05:39 AM