I delivered the wrong baby

Old June 23rd 05, 07:07 AM
jagur

Default I delivered the wrong baby

roadkill wrote:
*I look forward to getting the normal Yuni frame - this new style is
just not a working deal. *

untill i see pix i cannot belive production would allow for a huge
change like that. the Sem has a Cast style crown which is way differant
than the welded section(s) style of the Yuni.

you have a Sem in my mind and i dont think Rebecca know whats really
going on....i could be wrong but for Yuni frame to change that drasticly
to a Sem like clone is a little suspect.

what we need here is a updated "official" pic of the new Yuni frames.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast.
-forget_your_life-
--------------------------------------
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

Old June 23rd 05, 07:18 AM
roadkill

-what we need here is a updated "official" pic of the new Yuni frames-

By "Official" do you mean from UDC?

Amy also knows about the situation.

The black one that is coming is one of the few they have left...

--
roadkill - Crash Test Dummy

" Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines. "
roadkill's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9784

Old June 23rd 05, 07:33 AM
roadkill

Could be that they ran out of their Yuni frames and their scrambling
with anything... I only know what they said. either way, not a good
business plan.

I sent a detailed email to Amy tonight, she knows about the situation
and helped Rebecca resolve it.

Old June 23rd 05, 09:31 PM
roadkill

Well here's an answer from UDC regarding the 29" Yuni frame:

-"We are planning on using the wider frame that looks like the old Yuni
frame until we are out of them. Then, we’ll be switching to a rounded
crown frame. Thanks! "
Best Regards,
Your Unicycle.com team -

Old June 24th 05, 06:53 AM
jagur

sounds like UDC may be stream lining a bit now that the KH uni's come in
a wide selection of wheel sizes.

the Yuni frame has its place as cheap frame that can take a 3" tyre and
has a flat crown though. a rounded crown wont replace that feature..

the Sem's have flat but never have they fit a 3" tyre.

a flat frame wasnt really needed for a 29er but for someone who wanted a
Profile hub and a flat crowned 20 or 24, the Yuni was the way to get it
all for cheaper..maybe that option is coming to an end.

Old June 24th 05, 07:48 AM
tomblackwood

jagur wrote:
*a flat frame wasnt really needed for a 29er but for someone who
wanted a Profile hub and a flat crowned 20 or 24, the Yuni was the way
to get it all for cheaper..maybe that option is coming to an end. *

Seems like a strange choice to make from a business perspective. As if
their constant mistakes weren't driving enough business to Bedford,
they're now discontinuing the frame that's most comparative to the
standard Bedford uni.

Darren: when are you going to get your e-commerce act together? It's
not that tough, and there's an open window.

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

Tailgate at your own risk.....

"By George! The man's a genius!"
Murde Mental

Old June 24th 05, 08:55 AM
roadkill

-"Seems like a strange choice to make from a business perspective. As if
their constant mistakes weren't driving enough business to Bedford,
they're now discontinuing the frame that's most comparative to the
standard Bedford uni. "-

Could it be that the 29" Yuni frame was just not selling well, and
therefore the decision to end the frames?

Old June 24th 05, 09:12 AM
jagur

roadkill wrote:
*Could it be that the 29" Yuni frame was just not selling well, and
therefore the decision to end the frames? *

thats the crux of the biscut.....i dont see why all yuni frames would
be canceled on the account of the 29er frame.....

im sure the 20 and the 24 sold alot more than the 29"

there must be an end of contract or a selected choice being made here.
we saw this happen when the KH seats came out. the CF plates and the
covers, rail adapters increased in price dramaticly after the KH seats
were in stock...i think they are pushing the sale of KH's here.

you are in the the transition, to sell you a Sem with 2mm of clearance
"sold online as a Yuni" is not a good move.

they are www.unicycle.com now, not www.unicyclesource.com and it shows
when detail is premium.