Torker tire size?

Old August 20th 05, 03:54 AM
byza_dog

Default Torker tire size?

Hi, well heres the thing, lately ive been thinking of buying a torker
unistar dx but i am wondering how big of a tyre will fit in the frame. i
know i can buy an onza sticky fingers tyre that is 20x 2.4 and it does
fit on a normal 20" rim so thats no problem but i was wondering wether
or not it will fit in the torker frame.

any help is much apreciated.

--
byza_dog
byza_dog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10323

Old August 20th 05, 11:01 AM
jagur

i dont think it will, the 20x2.125 tyure on it is pretty close to the
crown.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast.
-forget_your_life-
--------------------------------------
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

Old August 20th 05, 11:59 PM
redhead

on the 05 it should.

--
redhead - South Florida's Unicycle Club
redhead's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9985

Old August 21st 05, 02:16 AM
jagur

redhead wrote:
*on the 05 it should. *

thats what is have it its too close.

Old August 21st 05, 02:26 AM
redhead

i gest messured my DX 05 It will fit, it has 3 inchs of clearence.

Old August 21st 05, 02:45 AM
byza_dog

hey thankz for that redhead atleast someone will get off their ass to
help a felow unicyclist. anyway how much clearance does the torker
betwene the k rad tyre and the the top of the crown?

also seeing you have a torker what do you use it for and what is it
capable of like i was looking at doing sy 4 foot drops at the most
extreme end of the scale so do u think it will hold up (i roll out of
drops) ?

also i read your sponsorship thread and aboutthe unispins well the way
i learnt was i just started hopping seat out and put my hands on the
saddle (left on front right on the right side of the back) if you
hop (seat in) with your right hand on the front put your left on the
back left and then just hop take ur feet off the pedals and get em
out of the wat of the wheel and turn the uni around 180 degrees and
land back on it will take some doing but you will eventually land it
good luck!

Old August 21st 05, 03:24 AM
redhead

an inch and a 1/4 from the top of the tyre to the bottom of the top
crown, Yes unicaw has done 6 foot drops me iv done 4 foots and landed
like a spire in the ground( grass)
I ride street and i try to do trials, I will be bying the stick fingers
tomorow with any luck.

Old August 21st 05, 03:45 AM
donna

I have both a 20 and a 24 Torker DX with 20 x 3 Kenda Flame and a 24 x 3
Gazz on them. A three inch tire fits fine with about a quarter inch at
the top and about an eighth inch on the sides in both frames.

I did not change out the rims, but I definitely need to on the 20 inch.
When they LBS looked it up in the book, it said it was a Pyramid Flame,
but the tire says Kenda Flame. On this too narrow rim, it doesn't have
the flat shape it should have, but it works for my nonaggressive riding.
I'm looking at the 20 inch Sun BFR rim.

Anybody have any thoughts on this rim? I think this is the same rim
that comes with the UDC BC wheel.

If I upgrade the 24 rim, I will probably go with the Alex DX 32.

--
donna
donna's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10322

Old August 21st 05, 06:48 AM
jagur

redhead wrote:
*i gest messured my DX 05 It will fit, it has 3 inchs of clearence. *

what the F? maybe without a tyre it has 3 inches!

does this look like 3 inches of clearance to you?

[image: http://www.torkerusa.com/images/05_b...tar-DX-LG.jpg]

I think not.

Old August 21st 05, 06:51 AM
jagur

byza_dog wrote:
*hey thankz for that redhead at least someone will get off their ass
to help a felow unicyclist. *

Pfffft?

what-ever, im done here.no more food for you _dog.

How Much Glue? Rod Techniques 87 October 11th 05 04:34 PM
torker cx tire poped tonight please help!!!! habbywall Unicycling 5 July 28th 05 09:57 PM
torker tire width heavy metal unicycling Unicycling 8 May 9th 05 12:37 AM
When to change the tire Jose Capco Techniques 10 July 1st 04 08:15 PM
Q. Will I benefit from different tire size or type? Joe Samangitak General 15 August 8th 03 03:38 AM