Dear Michael Robertson

Old August 4th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Dear Michael Robertson

Dear Michael Robertson,

As a former resident of San Diego, I know what it feels like to ride
criteriums with loser collegiate riders such as yourself. Back before
your fine university put all kinds of **** in the way (wrecking the
course), I spent many laps racing with future cycling legends at UCSD.
I'm sure you know darn well what it feels like to win against such
studly riders as the often hungover SDSU cycling team (and perhaps SD
Mesa college too).

Your recent offer of $100,000 (somehow taken seriously by Velonews)
makes me ask the following: Who the **** are you, and why should we
care that you have 100 Grand to blow on getting yourself into the
media? You remind me of Mark Cuban.

Now get back to work and code some ****ing software. Asshole.

Best,

Me

Old August 4th 06, 07:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jonathan D. Proulx

for those playing along at home
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/10643.0.html

Old August 4th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:
for those playing along at home
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/10643.0.html

yawn.

-bdbafh

Old August 4th 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Dear Michael Robertson,

As a former resident of San Diego, I know what it feels like to ride
criteriums with loser collegiate riders such as yourself. Back before
your fine university put all kinds of **** in the way (wrecking the
course), I spent many laps racing with future cycling legends at UCSD.
I'm sure you know darn well what it feels like to win against such
studly riders as the often hungover SDSU cycling team (and perhaps SD
Mesa college too).

Your recent offer of $100,000 (somehow taken seriously by Velonews)
makes me ask the following: Who the **** are you, and why should we
care that you have 100 Grand to blow on getting yourself into the
media? You remind me of Mark Cuban.

Now get back to work and code some ****ing software. Asshole.

Best,

Me

He cracked me up: "I wasn't blessed with much natural talent, but
persevered and actually won a race in my 4 year career. It helped me
understand some of what goes into the 3-week torture called the Tour."

If he won 1 race in a 4 year career (especially what appears to be
primarily a 'collegiate racing' career) then he don't know DICK about
what goes into the Tour.

What a schmuck!!!

Fred

I raced against those schmos, and probably against him too. During
that time period, collegiate cyling got a little more organized and a
few collegiate events were added to existing local socal races. Just
for kicks, I declared myself "Team Mesa College". When these extra
events popped-up, I could then ride an extra race (doesn't happen often
to an 18 year old Cat 3)/

I showed up at one local collegiate "expert" race at SDSU, and I was
just about to lap the field all by myself. With no team to help me.
Then I took a corner too fast (wiped out in a puddle), crashed, lost my
lap, fixed my bike, wiped-off and tried to re-join (while still
bloody). Then I got "whistled out" by the official for being off the
back! I kept riding (just for training). Then I got DQ'd. I asked the
official why he hadn't DQ the rest of the field when I was about to
overtake them. He chuckled and said "that's the rules". That was the
end of my collegiate career. A Cat 3 that can lap the field with ease
in their "A" level races. Wish I could have lapped a field in my USCF
racing then!

Old August 4th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William R. Mattil

Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:
for those playing along at home
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/10643.0.html

Thanks for the link....

Regards

Bill

--

William R. Mattil : http://www.celestial-images.com
Old August 4th 06, 10:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Froid Landis

Michael,

I may need some of that money advanced to me. I am stuck in Paris, and
the airline rejected my credit card. I owe $25,000 to them, haven't
paid since May. My employer has suspended me withour pay, and they
aren't giving me my recent performance bonus of $3.5 million, either.

Please wire $10,000.00 to the Hotel California just off the
Champs-Elysee in Paris. I will take your test when I return. You have
my word on it.

Froid

Old August 5th 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:
for those playing along at home
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/10643.0.html

Any relation to Tom? If so, please tell him "thanks" for Quicken.