making a comeback

Old November 2nd 04, 12:29 AM
Mick

Default making a comeback

"Tamyka Bell" wrote in message
After 2 months of not riding, I decided that, if I'm going to do the
Forster half ironman next weekend I should probably check that my bike
still works. So off I went from the southside out to port of brisbane
and back (via a cafe). The guys I rode with were way faster but I hung
on okay. Only did one lap of the port, which earned me the name Cathy
(Freeman, only does one lap), but I did it, all 95km of it. And I even
managed to get up and ride into uni today (big commute). I am making a
comeback, yay!

Hey Tam,

What route did you take on this Port of Brisbane ride?
Sounds like you were with a pretty quick bunch. 30+ avg? Bit fast for me
at the moment.

I wanted to head out that way this Sunday but shorten it to about 60k's.

Mick

Old November 2nd 04, 01:28 AM
Tamyka Bell

Mick wrote:

"Tamyka Bell" wrote in message
After 2 months of not riding, I decided that, if I'm going to do the
Forster half ironman next weekend I should probably check that my bike
still works. So off I went from the southside out to port of brisbane
and back (via a cafe). The guys I rode with were way faster but I hung
on okay. Only did one lap of the port, which earned me the name Cathy
(Freeman, only does one lap), but I did it, all 95km of it. And I even
managed to get up and ride into uni today (big commute). I am making a
comeback, yay!

Hey Tam,

What route did you take on this Port of Brisbane ride?
Sounds like you were with a pretty quick bunch. 30+ avg? Bit fast for me
at the moment.

I wanted to head out that way this Sunday but shorten it to about 60k's.

Mick

From Garden City, in to approx stones corner on logan road, up to
highgate hill to pick up the others, out along vulture st/wellington
rd/main st/lytton rd/ (they did a bit of a loop I didn't remember but
it's all in the street directory) then either Wynnum or Manly rd, I
never remember which is the more northern one but that's the one we
took, think it's Wynnum. Then follow it straight out, go on to the road
that takes you straight up to the port. You can come straight back or
there's a street that takes you back to some road called that starts
with a T? like tingal or tindal or something heading south, cut back to
the waterfront and follow it all the way past manly and lota, before
ducking up alexander to railway and whites rd to the top of the hill,
chuck a left and you're on manly rd. Then either follow this back to the
city (right turn) and back out along logan rd or left turn onto green
camp rd (or somthing like that) and follow it sth to old cleveland rd,
you can come back in along that and choose to duck back through creek rd
and newnham rd to logan rd, or go right in to stones corner and back out
along logan rd. Sorry I can't remember all the st names but it should
be pretty obvious on the street directory.